It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Take A Look At This Nonsense

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Im not talking about the Super Bowl, Im talking about a few tweets that were spun into a news-story on the ideologically biased "Raw Story" mag and then regurgitated by you to stick it to those big bad "ignorant Christians and Conservatives". Most of your threads are written from that ideological bubble. (I`d say the same if you were writing from the conservative-bubble).

Yours is a bubbly bubble universe. I must know at least five hundred Christians personally, and I'd bet that not a single one would be the least bit interested in this item, let alone protest it. These days any uneducated moron tweets.

It's fine for you to dodge the information I present, but pointing out that I'm generally a Liberal and therefore my ideology and threads lean towards that, isn't actually important, nor relevant at the moment.

The stuff many of many of these kind of threads is the aggrandizement of a very small minority of utter nutcases on the right.

You'd be right except for the fact that this 'very small minority of utter nutcases' are the ones who actually run the country.

The establishment GOP is terrified of the Tea Party, people like Ted Nuggent and the leader of WBC get more airtime than congress. Oh and let's not forget we have MSNBC who cuts off somebody to cut to Justin Bieber being arrested.

But it's my biased ideology that's the problem here.

So you, for example, enthusiastically report it when Westboro Baptist Church campaigns about "God hating Fags", even though this fringe of the fringe, societal trash has nothing to do with decent and normal folk.

No doubt these people exist, but where are they? Where are the moderates anymore? They have no voice, or choose not to have one, considering they must out number the 'small fringe minority'.

Why aggrandize and foul-cherry-pick such stories? Because you believe there is some kind of mass-ignorance or conspiracy "from the right".

No, because I believe there is a campaign of anti-intellectualism going on within North America right now.

How could you say otherwise? You're entirely right, these sorts of stories, don't matter and they take away from the IMPORTANT issues facing us today. But there they are, being reported in the MSM as if they do mean something.

It's not a grand conspiracy, some people actually do think this crap is important and a lot of people get VERY upset over stupid things, like the very relevant super bowl point I made earlier.

I won't apologize for mocking those who don't understand the things they are angry about.

~Tenth
edit on 2/22/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2   >>

join