It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would the Isolation make you go Insane

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I recently had a conversation on another forum with a troll from South Wales who reckoned anyone who lived apart from other humans was either paranoid, psychotic or delusional, or all 3. apart from this person being a know it all and extremely shallow visioned, it sort of fulfils my opinion of people in general, that I am better of on my own than with people, especially with people of that attitude.

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
We are biologically designed to be social creatures, certain amounts of isolation are healthy and needed , however years? not good plus we benefit by offering services and suppport to each other , tough to go it alone out there

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Taajsgpm maybe now, but after SHTF? I have never agreed with this "social animals"thing, that is only true because "society" has made people behave like that, maybe the majority are like that but I am not and have little or nothing to do with other people, I just cant be bothered with them, I prefer to be alone.

edit on 19-11-2014 by bigpaul because: additional.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I'd be too busy trying to survive to get bored and go insane.

That being said, a person doing that would have to be very healthy.
No antibiotics. Even a toothache could kill. A big kidney stone.
Don't come down with MS or a chronic illness. No meds.

But as far as insanity from isolation? Nope. That part would be fine.
Survival would keep my mind busy.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan no anti biotics, kidney stone, broken bones will kill anyone post SHTF dosent matter if their alone or in a group, the same would apply so that's not a reason to not go solo.

<< 1  2   >>

join