It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New poll: 71% of Obama voters regret their choice, as do 55% of Dems

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Granite

Huh? The what community?

Why do so many Republicans capitalize the B in "black?" It's like when Darwin capitalized the "M" in "man." Just stupid.
edit on 22-2-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

Puhleeese!!! Stop the BS...Can we move this to HOAX???...BS and reality disconnect hurts the GOP more than it helps their arguments. It discredits a political party that needs to regain it's credibility....not that the Dems have a great deal of credibility left, but the GOP need to start to actually compete in the national discourse again...and BS like this makes it hard to take them seriously....for everyone's sake, please stop the BS.

"71% of Obama voters regret voting for him," wrote World Net Daily.

"Poll: 71% of Obama Voters, 55% Democrats 'Regret' Voting for His Re-election," read the Washington Examiner headline.

Unfortunately for conservatives, the unbelievable poll was unbelievable for a reason: It was wrong.

If you look at the screenshot above, you'll note that the sample size for the "regret" question was just 35 people -- much smaller than the 396 people the poll tested who said they voted for Obama.

In a previous question, the poll did find that 10 percent of Obama supporters said they would vote for someone else if the election were replayed, but the 71 percent who said they regretted their vote came from this smaller group of people -- not from all Obama voters.

In other words, the percentage of Obama voters who say they regret their vote, according to the poll, is closer to 6 percent -- not 71 percent.

YouGov didn't respond to a request for comment, but that poll has been updated.

www.washingtonpost.com...
edit on 22-2-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

I think your analysis is correct. Too much hopeful thinking on my part. Romney's folks apparently commissioned the poll and somehow these deceitful numbers were produced, and I got suckered. I should not have been optimistic about Obama voters being able to change their minds.
edit on 10/06/2013 by Tusks because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

To answer the question from above many sitting presidents are more popular in their second term. Most recently Bill Clinton and Ronald Reagan were both more popular in their second term Reagan by 5% and Clinton by more than 10%. Obama will go down in history as the president who destroyed our country. And people thought Carter was bad. You can't blame me for the mess we are in I voted for Romney.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Actually, I would be very surprised if this poll is accurate. Not because it shouldn't be. It should. But because in my experience, the vast majority of Obama supporters aren't smart enough to regret supporting him. I haven't seen one person change their mind about him. In fact, I'm the only person I personally know who did. And now that I look back I see my judgment was tainted by my bitterness over 8 solid years of GWB. If I had been paying attention I would have likely seen Obama for what he was all along.

But no. Most of his supporters will never change. They must have found the people for their poll from the ranks of the moderates. Most of the Obama supporters I know won't change until there's another Democrat running for POTUS. And even then, it won't be a substantial change.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join