It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New poll: 71% of Obama voters regret their choice, as do 55% of Dems

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I never heard of yougov poll. Did someone just ask a few questions and call it legit.

I'm so feed up with so called polls.

I'm conducting a poll on who believes polls.

99.75%-NO
00.24%-YES

00.01%-DUUUUUUU

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   

hoss53
I never heard of yougov poll. Did someone just ask a few questions and call it legit.

I'm so feed up with so called polls.

I'm conducting a poll on who believes polls.

99.75%-NO
00.24%-YES

00.01%-DUUUUUUU

today.yougov.com...

It's the MSM polls I don't believe. Guess we've both got our bias.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

They were taken in because the GOP put a wall street puppet up for election

Based upon the meteoric rise of the stock market during Obama's reign, it would seem that Obama was indeed the true friend to Wall Street. Stock brokers, big business and the banks have done very well with their buddy in office.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   

FreeWillAnomaly
reply to post by Tusks

Breaking news:

Researchers have found that 90% of all statistics are either made up or biased.

Seriously, when was the last time a president was elected and people were like "I'm happy I voted for him." Every election, people are conned into voting for people they already knew would deceive the people. They do it because it is the "lesser evil." Well, if the lesser evil is what people wanted, Obama was a much better choice than Romney (can you believe Republicans even tried to get an idiot like him elected? That's like trying to get a guy like Chris Christie elected only worse). I think voting for the lesser evil is not an option. I have to answer to God. Until a righteous person is up for election (trust me, you will know them when you see them. They will be the people with all of the advertisements aimed at them and being slandered in the media, but they won't fire any shots back because they are concerned with the issues and not personal attacks), I am not voting.

Do you like Free press? Did you like the Nixon administration? Nobody could have been worse then a guy who has done this to our journalist. Or maybe Obamas down right War on anybody trying to report news to the overall public is the reason you still stick up for him. I would take an Empty seat over Obama after reading this.

cpj.org...

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by NotSoAnonymous

I'm not sticking up for Obama. He is just another sell out. He is not the problem. The psychologically subversive media is the problem. The ruling class is the problem.
edit on 20-2-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
There's a civic duty to vote - doesn't mean an individual vote will make a difference...

I regret my vote each election and every election I remember that voting for the least offensive candidate isn't the same as voting for one you believe in.
edit on 20-2-2014 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

It is your duty to NOT vote when your only options are people who will deceive your countrymen and women.

The democratic process has been subverted by the ruling class. Many people died so that we could be free, and there are those who would subvert that freedom and erase our sense of national identity.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   

FreeWillAnomaly

I'm not sticking up for Obama. He is just another sell out. He is not the problem. The psychologically subversive media is the problem. The ruling class is the problem.

He sold out to the Ruling Class. The ruling class who controls the media, and the media who Obama has waged war against. It's all very confusing, but that's probably the point. Their most powerful tool is keeping us Uninformed and at each others throats. So obvious, and so hard to break out of. We are in a world of trouble my friend. O.k. Have a Good Night.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   

I do sometimes wonder if Obama is regretting selling out and is trying to make amends in the only ways he thinks he can. I can't know either way, though.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

Sounds bad but lets see the numbers...how many Hispanic actually participated in the poll?

The numbers of people polled will tell a much bigger story...if 1000 people were polled one can do the math...not such a big deal...

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:58 PM
link   

he democratic process has been subverted by the ruling class. Many people died so that we could be free, and there are those who would subvert that freedom and erase our sense of national identity.
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

The French had a cure for that in the 1790s

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

Violence is unnecessary. Can you imagine the effect it would have if for just one single day, every working class person refused to go to work until democracy was restored? Democracy would be restored the next day.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

FreeWillAnomaly

Violence is unnecessary. Can you imagine the effect it would have if for just one single day, every working class person refused to go to work until democracy was restored? Democracy would be restored the next day.

Democracy is an evil.
A Republic of laws and an economy of free enterprise with a controlled and audited "Bank" is the only answer.

But we're screwed from achieving that.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Tusks

FreeWillAnomaly

Democracy is an evil.
A Republic of laws and an economy of free enterprise with a controlled and audited "Bank" is the only answer.

But we're screwed from achieving that.

de·moc·ra·cy [dih-mok-ruh-see] Show IPA
noun, plural de·moc·ra·cies.
government by the people; a form of government in which the supreme power is vested in the people and exercised directly by them or by their elected agents under a free electoral system.
a state having such a form of government: The United States and Canada are democracies.
a state of society characterized by formal equality of rights and privileges.
political or social equality; democratic spirit.
the common people of a community as distinguished from any privileged class; the common people with respect to their political power.

That is evil? A democratic republic. All Republic means is that the people vote for leaders instead as opposed to a monarchy. What we have here is an oligarchy, and THAT is evil.

A direct democracy is far from evil, if you want to distinguish from a direct republic:

"Form of government in which supreme power is vested in the people and exercised by them directly or indirectly through a system of representation usually involving periodic free elections. In a direct democracy, the public participates in government directly (as in some ancient Greek city-states, some New England town meetings, and some cantons in modern Switzerland). Most democracies today are representative. The concept of representative democracy arose largely from ideas and institutions that developed during the European Middle Ages and the Enlightenment and in the American and French Revolutions. Democracy has come to imply universal suffrage, competition for office, freedom of speech and the press, and the rule of law. See also republic"

It is the proper form of government that, if actually practiced properly, would prevent undue influence from a ruling class.
edit on 21-2-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

Some how this does not make much sense when Obama's overall approval rating is still 41%.

Why would his approval be so high when so many have seen there mistake in believing this clown

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I wsih they would have fetlt thta a few years ago.....

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Tusks

Quite honestly, I suspect if you ask a lot of people their reason for voting for Obama, it would not so much be that they were voting for him as they were voting AGAINST Romney, and it was the same thing last election. It boils down to voting for the lesser of the evils nowadays, as we rarely see a decent candidate TO vote for. I remember Gore Vidal said before his death that Obama was not up to the job, and I think its a fair appraisal. After 8 years of Bush, he had Carte Blanche to stand up to the far right republicans and send them packing for the hills, and he never did it.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Blackmarketeer
The poll was conducted by the "Hermain Cain TV" Web site, Herman Cain being a Republican candidate who lost out in the primaries (some might say, discraced) to his rivals.

You really expect this to be an unbiased poll? Cain was a failed Republican "tea party" activist who didn't make the cut.

Actually this poll was conducted by Yougov, you can clearly see the "caintv" website referencing Yougov but the article said absolutely nothing about who commissioned YouGov to conduct this poll, or if they even decided to conduct it themselves.

When are we going to start reading the links we make accusations about????? Come on ATS...
edit on 21-2-2014 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

SLAYER69
"We told you so!"

I think some here could actually say that in complete honesty.

Just saying is all.

I would be one of those that could say with hindsight that "I told you so", but it won't get me anywhere. And I don't blame people for not being able to see it would still be the same thing despite wanting G.W.Bush out so badly. But if those people fall for the same trick again with such a recent blatant example fresh in their minds, then I'm afraid my sympathy won't be so warmly given next time.

Whether people believe their vote counts or not, the biggest mistake a voter can make is to let it known that they want a current party out at all costs. This tells the other party that they will win by default, and don't have to make any policies. In fact, all they have to do is shut up, say nothing that can be used against them and coast to the line in a free victory. Obama only had to mention the "change" that people wanted, and that was enough for him to win because they weren't even being offered the word "change" by the serving party. The Democrats knew that the majority wanted Bush and Co. gone, and they knew what words people wanted to, and needed to hear.

That's why people, and especially politicians, should always be judged on actions [proven policies], not words [empty promises]. And if people haven't caught on by now that politics is all about double speak and twisting of words, then they never will catch on.

Politics in western democracies is all about mastering the art of not giving a direct 'yes' or 'no'. If they don't give a direct 'yes' or 'no', then they can always spin their words through speech writers and always be able to say "well I didn't say yes or no".

And the main reason that I don't feel good about being able to say "I told you so" is because whether it was Bush or Obama, or Romney or Obama, either way the pointy end of the pyramid wins !

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

Yes, we and Arsenio Hall warned the Black community and caught some Hell for it...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join