It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large scale ruins of Ancient City unearthed in Inner Mongolia

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer,

Nice info...even if it is limited.

I am always interested in anything Asian (historically).

With the burning of the Epang Palace, the world lost so much info....any little historical morsel that is found is of great interest.

Like you....I wish they were more open to exploration.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Chamberf=6

Um, that bottom jade artifact looks like something not only Asian, but something that could be found in many bedside table drawers anywhere.

A Torch?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Another thing to add to my list of things to do if ever I get a time machine.

Go back, identify important places, grab important relics and stash them in outback Australia to be recovered in modern times.

Hang on..... if I planned it now then that would mean that........ I gotta take a trip to Alice Springs!

Here's hoping i find a time machine in the future!

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Snarl
China still actively suppresses the majority of their archaeological discoveries if they can be tied in any way to historical religious practices.
I wonder why that is.
Simple...the whole of the current regime is based upon the primacy of the Communist Party, having rescued the Chinese people from the yoke of their decadent imperial past. It's tough to vilify the emperors while celebrating their material culture. That's why the archaeology starts to get clunky...the apparatchiks have not yet found a comfortable balance with their history.
edit on 19-2-2014 by JohnnyCanuck because: of style, my man. Style!

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Looking at that mask is interesting when comparing cultures.
I've always been under the belief that the "new world" has been the new world before.

Its easy to see how advanced cultures with capable naval technology could have stumbled upon american cultures ( particularly central and south ) and influenced them .

Looking at this picture one could see the currents that cultures could have caught a ride on. I can see several scenarios playing out . Maybe seafaring Egyptians caught a ride on one of these currents after sailing through the straits of Gibraltar, the canary current possibly. And possibly they travel around a bit make contact, trade for some tobacco and coca, share some knowledge and head home.

Another player in the game could have been the ancient Chinese. The ocean is equal opportunity and they had the currents available to them as well. The Chinese maritime culture goes back at least 7 thousand years. Some would argue that Chinese were more likely to navigate the ocean than the Egyptians. So how is it there could possibly be influences from both if only one of these cultures could make the trip??

The silk road of course .Chinese silk has been found in Egypt dating back to at least 1070 bc. That's what we have found so far. So what if Egyptian influences and knowledge as well as goods made their way to china via trade route ? The Chinese could have then taken a hodgepodge of knowledge and goods on some voyages to the "new world" and spread certain influences in construction and art. And the things they brought back simply make their way west to other cultures.

So who dun it ? ... I'm under the impression that a few ancient cultures could have influenced each other particularly Egyptian , Chinese , and early American . Looking at the maps provided all roads lead to the "new world " . As stated I see several scenarios playing out .

And lets not get started on pyramids construction in ancient cultures.
Sorry I wasn't trying to hijack your thread slayer just sharing my opinion on this particular subject.
edit on 19-2-2014 by CitizenJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenJack

The South Pacific has thousands of small islands. If there were Ancient Seafaring peoples going back say 8 to 10 thousand B.C. When the sea levels were much lower those islands would be larger due to their bases being exposed. I could imagine those ancient seafarers using those islands as stepping stones. Then later when the Polynesians came along they may have known where such and such island/location was before making those drastic trips based on their old legends/stories about this or that land known to exists way "Over there"

Easter island?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

You bring up a good point. Knowledge like that is generally passed around and kept alive via oral tradition. The tradition of sailing or exploring is by nature one of tales and stories. So if some global event happened that may of acted as a reset button on most cultures that washed away knowledge and technology (hint hint). You could always count on great grand papy to tell you if you follow that star for so many days and catch a certain current you would end up in whatever land of milk and honey you desire.

There is always a grain of truth in there some where.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Get your minds out of the archeological gutter

Maybe zucchini was on the menu often?

Well at least I'm try'n!

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Looking at the genetics of these populations is very interesting. It paints a rough road map of origins.
It seems to support that your idea may hold some water if you know what I mean.
It goes like this roughly from what I could dig up.

Roughly it goes like this
Asia to New Guinea
New Guinea to Polynesia
Polynesia to Easter Island

However there is also traces of influences on culture, language, and a little bit of genetics from Taiwan during an expansion some 4 thousand years ago. As well as a possible influence on agriculture and art from south america. Easter island sounds like the speedway of ancient pacific travel. Ah conjecture... Such an interesting subject that seems to support your comments.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
whenever i see a thread title the pique's my interest, i click on it. then i see it's from Slayer, and i automatically S&F before reading any of the content! haha safe to say, i like you and your threads Slayer! thanks for sharing

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

howmuch4another

good stuff!

I agree with you that it would be cool if China opened up a bit. Their Pyramids alone would take decades to uncover and research.

Maybe there is a big reason why they don't. Maybe their findings might put to question the heritage of whoever inhabited the very same territories in a distant past.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

First thing I saw here was the "pestle" from a "mortar and pestle" set. Jade would make a fine material for such a purpose.
Second purpose hinted at rather coyly could also be valid. Or it could be one of the first multi-tools made.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Jade and bronze. I am not too geologically savvy but are those jade pieces shown or bronze patina?

I always wondered what sort of things are buried (intentionally or not) in and around the Great Wall.
edit on 2 22 14 by KaDeCo because: Grammarly.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

KaDeCo
I always wondered what sort of things are buried (intentionally or not) in and around the Great Wall.

Certainly many of the people who died while working on it. They just made a space and stuck them in.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

CitizenJack
Its easy to see how advanced cultures with capable naval technology could have stumbled upon american cultures ( particularly central and south ) and influenced them.

I've always kind of wondered just how big a contact group from one culture would have to be to significantly alter another culture. If I move to France, I doubt that I, myself, would have a lot of impact on their culture. So, a dozen people? A hundred? A large enough expedition to establish a base and start mating with the locals?

I wonder.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join