It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8th Banker Dead

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Add even more...

If the bombshell news the investigative journalists at Infowars have just released is accurate, it appears that the number of bankers found dead in the past several weeks has now swelled to over 20, and includes a slew of mid-level bankers as well as the top level execs that have been chronicalized on SD.

Source

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:13 AM
link   

berbishchanish
I really see three possible scenarios.

1) They are guilty because they did something/saw something/know something or they are just sick of the life they are living.

2) They were murdered by someone who has an agenda. They were not needed, or TPTB could not risk some info getting out.

3) There is going to be a hard economic crash. Harder than what we've been seeing. Maybe they don't want to live through it. Maybe they are part of what will cause it. Maybe they are scared.

Anyway, there are no definite answers, but we can all speculate.

Or how about,
4. they were strung out from a highly stressful job, were burning out from a cocktail of legal and illicit drugs, heavily in debt, from a relation breakdown or combination of the mentioned.

Now I love A good story, but people "top" themselves everyday, lets try to keep a level head about this until some evidence gets released, then we can throw some wild theorys around.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by PLAYERONE01

You show a very good possibility, one we should not overlook, however, possibilities one and two should not much be overlooked at this stage either.

1. ABC Verlag (greetings cards, not finance) — CEO Daniel Eicher — suicide, left two notes — week of 6/10/2013

2. Swisscom (telecom) – CEO Carsten Schloter, 49 — suicide, found hanging — 7/23/13

3. Bank of America — intern Moritz Erhardt, 21 — seizure due to exhaustion — week of 8/12/2013

4. Zurich Insurance Group AG (insurance) — CFO Pierre Wauthier — suicide, found hanging, left two notes — 8/26/2013

bank-failures5. Wall Street — hedge fund exec Robert Wilson, 87 — suicide, jumped from 16th floor — week of Dec 23, 2013. (He gave away $800 million prior to death.)

6. Wall Street Journal — reporter David Bird – missing/disappeared – 1/11/2014 (covered in our original piece)

7. Swiss Re AG — U.K.–based communications director Tim Dickenson — cause not released — week of 1/19/2014

8. Deutsche Bank AG — executive William Broeksmit — apparent suicide, found hanging— 1/26/14 (covered in our original piece)

9. JP Morgan — banker Gabriel Magee — jumped or fell from building, Canary Wharf, London — 1/28/14 (covered in our original piece)

10. Russell Investment — Mike Dueker, 50 — found dead next to Tacoma Narrows Bridge, suicide — week of 1/26/2014 (covered in our original piece)

11. JPMorgan — equities trading executive Ryan Crane, 37 — no cause given — 2/3/14

12. American Title (insurance) — CEO Richard Talley, 57 — suicide by nail gun,7 or 8 self-inflicted wounds — 2/7/14

americablog.com...

edit on 20-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by berbishchanish

>>> If we're counting, another banker died in an automobile accident earlier this month in Bangladesh. Got sandwiched and head oned between a bus and a truck. And another JP Morgan banker died in a freak accident in front of her very young children on Halloween of last year. And this past Christmas Eve, a top Lehman Brothers equity manager died in Boca Raton when his Harley veered into the path of a Mini Cooper.
Coincidence, probably. But its interesting how these things happen in waves. Chemical and biological researchers, now bankers.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by berbishchanish

dying......or maybe hiding.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I saw online yesterday there were 20 so far who have expired.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   
What I find interesting about the whole situation is the fact that these "random" deaths have been strung together for our viewing pleasure, so to speak. It reminds me of smoke and mirrors, "Look over here! Look over here!". Makes me wonder what we could be being diverted from. It seems to me a lot of news(?) just isn't news, just something to keep us busy while other nefarious dealings are going on. So is it good reporting, diversion, or sensationalism?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Is it worth asking Mr Clint Eastwood to start a dead pool? not that I have any money anyway, but just a thought.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by monarch23

The only lists I have seen have the count at 14 if we are to include the dead journalist who was investigating OPEC and on to something there.

I have heard 20, but not seen anyone make a list of names, dates, occupation and connections etc of those 20... until I see a list with names and dates etc I don't know if I buy into the 20.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Is somebody killing all these men, or are they all just racked with guilt (probalby not) or do they all know something that we dont and cant or wont be avle to face it?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Czulkang

I think its a combination of all the above.

Think about it.

1) Forex Scandal

2) Libor Scandal

3)QE (see particularly United States QE1, QE2, and QE3 )

and one connection to OPEC

Decide for yourself how it is quite possibly a mix of all three. Everything is based on confidence, if people's confidence is up, the markets stay okay, confidence declines, sell off's begin in large quantities, and the markets crash.

The banks, government's world wide, all have a stake in what happens... should the entire truth come out, the market will crash, and at this point, it is only a matter of time. All this is VERY interconnected, and everyone has a stake in why to keep all this as quiet as possible.

We should have gone into hyperinflation long ago, but because of QE we didn't. Well we cannot keep doing it, we cannot keep feeding the beast.... its time to let go, and realize we have been in a global economic depression for years already....

But when we finally face this, rioting in the streets will be an actuality... What we are facing is something the world has never seen, and no man woman or child will be immune to its impact because now, more than any other time in the history of mankind, we are all interdependent upon one another, US market crashes, other countries begin falling like dominoes, same with forex, when we find out the true worth of our money all at the same time, and realize every country has been falsely misled? at the same time the markets are crashing?

global... first time in the history of mankind.
edit on 21-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

boncho
I saw this too. I think the ATS tally is at 7. I wasn't sure if the Tata motors guy was considered a banker or not…

No. he didn't work for a bank. He was a regional managing director for an automobile company.

Can I ask if anyone has done a count of how many people from different professions have died in the same time period? Vets (animal surgeons, not military veterans) and farmers are sadly amongst those with high levels of suicide. Given that the assumption on ATS is that these people seemingly took their own lives due to their job, it would be nice to see some perspective against other professions to see if there is a context that can be placed.
edit on 21-2-2014 by uncommitted because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   

speculativeoptimist
I too have been wondering what is going on that is so bad people would take their own life or be taken out and covered up.
I ran across this article that may shed some light on the situation.

Three former Barclays bank employees have now been charged with “conspiracy to defraud” in the continuing LIBOR scandal, bringing the total to 13 people charged in America and the U.K. It has been reported that three ex-ICAP brokers are next on the list for helping traders manipulate interest rates.
Three former Barclays bankers have been charged “in connection with the manipulation of Libor” interest rates, the Serious Fraud Office said.
The SFO alleges the three – Peter Charles Johnson, Jonathan James Mathew and Stylianos Contogoulas – "conspired to defraud between 1 June 2005 and 31 August 2007".
They will appear at Westminster Magistrates court at a date to be confirmed. (source)
LIBOR is an interbank benchmark used to set the interest rates on trillions in loans all over the world.

The investigation into LIBOR’s deliberate manipulation began in 2008, and it has come to light that traders at various banks all over the world have benefited financially from turning in false interest rate reports since.

Thus far, Barclays and other mega banks including JP Morgan Chase, Citigroup, UBS, Deutsche Bank and the Royal Bank of Scotland have been forced to pay billions in regard to rigging interest rates.

www.activistpost.com...
So a LIBOR scam, I had to look that up. Perhaps these guys are facing life imprisonment(does that happen to white collar criminals?), or maybe they would be dragged out into the streets by the citizens. What an opportunity to scrape a little off the top eh? Manipulating interest rates on trillions of dollars in loans, wow, why am I not surprised? Even a tweak of 100th a percent could be lucrative.

The Wall Street Journal is also reporting that authorities in the United States, United Kingdom and EU are currently investigating a group of traders from various banks for manipulating Euribor, the euro interbank interest rate, as well.

online.wsj.com... 2702304675504579388572390557500.html
I wonder if these criminals involved around the globe are doing this in unison, or are these isolated incidents drawing from the same source?

Barclays paid more than $450 million in 2012, as part of a settlement with U.S. and U.K. regulators. Other big banks have also paid hefty penalties for their role in the scandal, which so far has cost the industry about $6 billion.
The SFO had previously brought Libor-related charges against former UBS (UBS) and Citigroup (C, Fortune 500) banker Tom Hayes, along with Terry Farr and James Gilmour, who both worked for brokerage RP Martin. All three have pleaded not guilty.

Regulators and legal authorities continue to pursue other individuals and banks.
The European Commission said in December that it was still going after HSBC (HBCYF), Credit Agricole (CRARF), JP Morgan (JPMPRD) and ICAP. To top of page

money.cnn.com...

This is bad, but has it never been done before? Libor tweaking? Is it so monumental people would kill themselves? Is there more to the story and this unrelated? Many questions still for me.

MOST excellent find ~!

and excellent research !!!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

dreamingawake
Add even more...

If the bombshell news the investigative journalists at Infowars have just released is accurate, it appears that the number of bankers found dead in the past several weeks has now swelled to over 20, and includes a slew of mid-level bankers as well as the top level execs that have been chronicalized on SD.

Source

infowars vid..and Gerald Celente is correct when he say's the employment #s are messed up

edit on 23-2-2014 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Wow. This just gets weirder and weirder. Something has to be comming down the pipe if these people start killing themselfs.

That leads me to two things.

1. They cant live being poor, and that means that the poor people will have more than nothing (yay) and the middle class will follow suit.

2, They knew something, and it got them killed.

Im more incliend to think the first part. I think the collapse is comming, how soon? Maybe another year, or less.

Edit: This got right here.
:

bank-failures5. Wall Street — hedge fund exec Robert Wilson, 87 — suicide, jumped from 16th floor — week of Dec 23, 2013. (He gave away $800 million prior to death.)

So he gave his money away? Does that mean the doller is going to be worth s#it?????
edit on 24-2-2014 by Tylerdurden1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Just heard of another one. He died on the 19th, but I didn't see it in this thread.

..a successful Lincoln businessman and member of a prominent local family died last week. Former National Bank of Commerce CEO James Stuart Jr. was found dead in Scottsdale, Ariz., the morning of Feb. 19...

Article

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
There seems to be plenty of cases, where someone's head has been cut off and which have occurred in an urban area, so compared to those it might be reasonable to assume that such people exists, who could plan and implement murders of relatively high profile targets. In some sense I find it quite interesting that even starting of the pondering of what could connect these deaths makes this something that might be solved by just thinking about it quite fascinating. However, I'm not sure that there's enough information floating around to solve this.

Most of the dead ones didn't fall from a rooftop, but were just found dead (home, hotel, near a bridge..). I haven't been very keen to follow news about these deaths, so based on few articles and blog posts I stumbled into I can not be sure, how reliable as a piece of information it is that the Gabriel Magee was said to have written an email to his girlfriend telling that he'll be meeting her soon - only hours before he was found dead the next morning. That wasn't mentioned in the few mainstream articles I browsed through, but which mentioned that he was actually seen coming down.

If someone really had orchestrated killings of these people or forced them to kill themselves by using some kind of leverage or if this someone had been programming their minds for a long time, then one of the remaining question is: did that someone - am I using the correct phrase here - push the envelope? Meaning.. was that someone behind only some of the deaths and not all of them? And what would be the actual reasons of him (and whoever he/she is operating with)? Maybe it is all about testing, who is able to guess or comtemplate which one of the deaths actually is unnatural and which one is natural? One killed himself with a nail gun. Maybe that was "a natural death" and the one which looked like a suicide actually wasn't a suicide. Now think about that..

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I find it interesting that the cause of death in all but 1 case (nailgun) just happens to be a method that's fairly easy to fake without leaving too much forensic evidence.

Gunshot to the head has to be done perfectly to avoid suspicion from the investigators. Wrist-cutting is also difficult to fake since the victim would likely panic and leave some evidence that it wasn't a suicide. Notice that none of the "suicides" have been accomplished with either means.

Suicide by fall: easiest to fake. Suicide by hanging: easy to fake without leaving evidence.

The supposed "suicide by nail-gun" is, by far, the most questionable case. The fact that there's a little variety to the "suicides" is completely logical if the people responsible don't want to raise too much suspicion.

posted on Mar, 13 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Another Trader Commits Suicide, Brings Total Recent Banker Deaths To 10

A Manhattan trader was killed Tuesday morning by a speeding Long Island Rail Road commuter train, marking at least the seventh suicide of a financial professional this year.

Edmund (Eddie) Reilly, 47, a trader at Midtown’s Vertical Group, jumped in front of an LIRR train at 6 a.m. near the Syosset train station. He was declared dead at the scene.

Reilly’s identity was confirmed by Salvatore Arena, an LIRR spokesperson, who said an investigation into the incident was continuing.

Passengers on the west-bound express train told MTA investigators they saw a man standing by the tracks before he jumped in front of the train, Arena said.

“Eddie was a great guy,” Rob Schaffer, a managing director at Vertical, told The Post in an email. “We are very upset and he will be deeply missed.”

The divorced father of three had rented a house around the corner from his ex-wife, Michelle Reilly, in East Norwich, NY.

One family friend, who said he spoke to the trader on Sunday, told The Post that Reilly “didn’t look good.”

And the list so far:

1 - William Broeksmit, 58-year-old former senior executive at Deutsche Bank AG, was found dead in his home after an apparent suicide in South Kensington in central London, on January 26th.

2 - Karl Slym, 51 year old Tata Motors managing director Karl Slym, was found dead on the fourth floor of the Shangri-La hotel in Bangkok on January 27th.

3 - Gabriel Magee, a 39-year-old JP Morgan employee, died after falling from the roof of the JP Morgan European headquarters in London on January 27th.

4 - Mike Dueker, 50-year-old chief economist of a US investment bank was found dead close to the Tacoma Narrows Bridge in Washington State.

5 - Richard Talley, the 57 year old founder of American Title Services in Centennial, Colorado, was found dead earlier this month after apparently shooting himself with a nail gun.

6 - Tim Dickenson, a U.K.-based communications director at Swiss Re AG, also died last month, however the circumstances surrounding his death are still unknown.

7 - Ryan Henry Crane, a 37 year old executive at JP Morgan died in an alleged suicide just a few weeks ago. No details have been released about his death aside from this small obituary announcement at the Stamford Daily Voice.

8 - Li Junjie, 33-year-old banker in Hong Kong jumped from the JP Morgan HQ in Hong Kong this week.

9 - James Stuart Jr, Former National Bank of Commerce CEO, found dead in Scottsdale, Ariz., the morning of Feb. 19. A family spokesman did not say whatcaused the death

10 - Edmund (Eddie) Reilly, 47, a trader at Midtown’s Vertical Group, commited suicide by jumping in front of LIRR train

www.zerohedge.com...

oy vey

top topics

<< 1   >>

join