It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8th Banker Dead

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I searched for a forum started on the total number of bankers, but only saw up to six. So feel free to lead me to another one if I'm wrong.

I came across a link that is showing eight dead bankers.

Bankers Dead

Here is a list from the website I linked. I am not sure how reliable this website is, but I saw it on a few other pages as well.

String of suspicious deaths:

1 – William Broeksmit, 58-year-old former senior executive at Deutsche Bank AG, was found dead in his home after an apparent suicide in South Kensington in central London, on January 26th.

2- Karl Slym, 51 year old Tata Motors managing director Karl Slym, was found dead on the fourth floor of the Shangri-La hotel in Bangkok on January 27th.

3 – Gabriel Magee, a 39-year-old JP Morgan employee, died after falling from the roof of the JP Morgan European headquarters in London on January 27th.

4 – Mike Dueker, 50-year-old chief economist of a US investment bank was found dead close to the Tacoma Narrows Bridge in Washington State.

5 – Richard Talley, the 57 year old founder of American Title Services in Centennial, Colorado, was found dead earlier this month after apparently shooting himself with a nail gun.

6 -Tim Dickenson, a U.K.-based communications director at Swiss Re AG, also died last month, however the circumstances surrounding his death are still unknown.

7 – Ryan Henry Crane, a 37 year old executive at JP Morgan died in an alleged suicide just a few weeks ago. No details have been released about his death aside from this small obituary announcement at the Stamford Daily Voice.

8 - Li Junjie, 33-year-old banker in Hong Kong jumped from the JP Morgan HQ in Hong Kong this week.

It just really wiggs me out that so many seemingly influential people are dying, mostly all from suicides.
I saw on a different site that the "nail gun" was a "staple gun", but the point still stands.

Maybe it is because I watch too much X-Files (is there a thing?), or maybe it is because I can critically think out of the box, but I just don't feel that this is natural or coincidental, that all these men are dying in such a short period of time. Just hardly over a month and 8 men dead.

What do you think?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by berbishchanish

They obviously knew too much or were talking to someone they shouldn't be. We will never know the truth sadly, but I have to hand it to the people that do these types of crimes. I mean they put in right in our faces so blatantly without any recourse, I mean it's astonishing to me.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I saw this too. I think the ATS tally is at 7. I wasn't sure if the Tata motors guy was considered a banker or not…

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

True. Thanks for the input

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Time to start a lottery?

Peace

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Lets look at this with some perspective from statistics. 0.223% of forty year old men will die this year. (source: life-span.findthebest.com/d/d/40) Now, I know most of the deaths were older or younger, but let's keep it really fast and dirty and go with that statistic for expected number of deaths.

JP Morgan, for example, employs 222,316 people. (That stats actually from 2009 - sorry it was the latest I could find.) So, we would expect - even if all 222,316 were the relatively young age of 40 - about 495 of them to die every year. Let's say only the top 3% are management/senior/executive level employees. That's 6,669 suit-types, and we'd expect to see 14 or 15 of them die in a year.

Unintentional injury is the leading cause of death for this age group. Suicide is the fourth leading cause of death. source: www.cdc.gov...

So the majority of the deaths would be unintentional injury or suicide.

I'm not presenting all of this because I am certain these reported deaths are meaningless. Not at all. I have no idea if these deaths mean something, or are part of a larger conspiracy. But I'm not convinced they are statistically significant. They are just getting pointed out, so they seem connected and they seem like part of something bigger. But there is a good chance, at least, that they are not.

Are these people connected in any way other than being "bank executives"... these are massive corporations we are talking about with huge employment pools, even at the top.

Anyway, that is just one perspective and I certainly don't claim to have any special knowledge of what might, or might not, be happening. I just wanted to throw out some numbers for perspective.

It does all seem creepy, the way it is being reported... I hope it isn't what people fear it might be.

edit on 19-2-2014 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

I think the death count from JP Morgan alone is three in less than a month's time. If we continued at this rate it would be over the statistical average.

Something to take into account though, is the increased rate of suicide by banker during a crash, etc. But that would increase speculation about whether or not there's more to it.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Maybe these bankers, true worshipers of money in temples built to usury, are beginning to see their hollow pursuit of imaginary wealth and the devastation that its wrought for what it really is. Maybe their conscience suddenly recognizing this epiphany, was crushed under the weight of such a huge realization. Maybe they perceived their true place in the grand scheme of the world, as part and parcel of a systemic corruptive force pervading humanity, and it was simply too much for these otherwise good people to bear the burden of.

In the absence of a mighty will, insanity or death are the only two choices when a conscience is so thoroughly crushed by such a realization.

But Im probably being far too idealistic and fanciful.

More likely they lost a big stock market bet or something.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I really see three possible scenarios.

1) They are guilty because they did something/saw something/know something or they are just sick of the life they are living.

2) They were murdered by someone who has an agenda. They were not needed, or TPTB could not risk some info getting out.

3) There is going to be a hard economic crash. Harder than what we've been seeing. Maybe they don't want to live through it. Maybe they are part of what will cause it. Maybe they are scared.

Anyway, there are no definite answers, but we can all speculate.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

boncho
I saw this too. I think the ATS tally is at 7. I wasn't sure if the Tata motors guy was considered a banker or not…

I'm going out on a limb and say there is a tie in. Slym left GM Motors in 2012 after 17 years. This would have placed him in line with the BAIL OUT of U.S. banks and Detroit auto's I.e. ford dodge Chevy. So the financial motive/investigation of fraudulent investors and ceo's of companies are starting to feel the noose tightening.

So Slym took a shot with tata motors feeling perhaps he could escape the arm of the U.S. investigation. The argument with his wife probably probably just pushed him over the edge.

Edit. So that's 8. And looking at most of these except for li Junjie( that we know of yet )they were under investigation..
edit on 19-2-2014 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Stats are funny things, they can mean all or nothing. Aircraft for instance are deemed the safest form of transport per number of miles travelled, but they can't compete with road vehicles for the number of journeys undertaken.

In the case here you have a cluster of incidents, three or four of those involves one bank at different locales, all within a short time span.
This kind of thing is argueably outside of stats. In any case if there is/was a connection, the authorities might be on the case.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Maybe people could investigate rather than postulate, but that's not as easy is it?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Mamatus
Maybe people could investigate rather than postulate, but that's not as easy is it?

I agree with you..but as it seems. No one really knows what drives one to suicide. Only the person that feels helpless does. Sad as it is.

Edit. But now that there is a list of names and companies available. It helps to start doing better background searches.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

To keep my spirits up I am still sticking with the vigilante aspect .

hopefully a pattern emerges soon.

I just dont see all these money grubbing people having am epiphany moment and offing themselves

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Another_Nut

To keep my spirits up I am still sticking with the vigilante aspect .

hopefully a pattern emerges soon.

I just dont see all these money grubbing people having am epiphany moment and offing themselves

This is why I keep checking in on these...ASIAN TRIADS seem to be coming up amongst members here. I suppose they are good enough to make a murder look as a suicide.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

By the way thanks for getting the link and putting the names up. It helps me better when looking up the names and work history.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

berbishchanish
I really see three possible scenarios.

1) They are guilty because they did something/saw something/know something or they are just sick of the life they are living.

2) They were murdered by someone who has an agenda. They were not needed, or TPTB could not risk some info getting out.

3) There is going to be a hard economic crash. Harder than what we've been seeing. Maybe they don't want to live through it. Maybe they are part of what will cause it. Maybe they are scared.

Anyway, there are no definite answers, but we can all speculate.

There is always the conspiracy theory about a massive economic crash... Maybe we are seeing the beginnings of it. People who, if left in there positions, might have seen something unusual and challenged it. Possible they all have a small bit of the puzzle...

Has anyone been able to figure out if the bankers who are dead had any connections between them other than working in the financial sector?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Mamatus

Well there are 'things' going around, like big banks, big money grab at the time of the global financial crisis, money laundering, (their own?) drugs money laundering, four million homes foreclosures, lost savings and God knows how many jobs lost. If and when the dirt gets sorted out, (and there's not much doubt the GFC was a crooked deal) someone's going to have to pay.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
..just been thinking if a shadowy organization was trying to get 'their people' in a position of power then they might bump off the people at the top so their guys move up.

But even then its a bit of a risky plan doing so many in such a short space of time.

edit on 19-2-2014 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I too have been wondering what is going on that is so bad people would take their own life or be taken out and covered up.
I ran across this article that may shed some light on the situation.

Three former Barclays bank employees have now been charged with “conspiracy to defraud” in the continuing LIBOR scandal, bringing the total to 13 people charged in America and the U.K. It has been reported that three ex-ICAP brokers are next on the list for helping traders manipulate interest rates.
Three former Barclays bankers have been charged “in connection with the manipulation of Libor” interest rates, the Serious Fraud Office said.
The SFO alleges the three – Peter Charles Johnson, Jonathan James Mathew and Stylianos Contogoulas – "conspired to defraud between 1 June 2005 and 31 August 2007".
They will appear at Westminster Magistrates court at a date to be confirmed. (source)
LIBOR is an interbank benchmark used to set the interest rates on trillions in loans all over the world.

The investigation into LIBOR’s deliberate manipulation began in 2008, and it has come to light that traders at various banks all over the world have benefited financially from turning in false interest rate reports since.

Thus far, Barclays and other mega banks including JP Morgan Chase, Citigroup, UBS, Deutsche Bank and the Royal Bank of Scotland have been forced to pay billions in regard to rigging interest rates.

www.activistpost.com...
So a LIBOR scam, I had to look that up. Perhaps these guys are facing life imprisonment(does that happen to white collar criminals?), or maybe they would be dragged out into the streets by the citizens. What an opportunity to scrape a little off the top eh? Manipulating interest rates on trillions of dollars in loans, wow, why am I not surprised? Even a tweak of 100th a percent could be lucrative.

The Wall Street Journal is also reporting that authorities in the United States, United Kingdom and EU are currently investigating a group of traders from various banks for manipulating Euribor, the euro interbank interest rate, as well.

online.wsj.com... 2702304675504579388572390557500.html
I wonder if these criminals involved around the globe are doing this in unison, or are these isolated incidents drawing from the same source?

Barclays paid more than $450 million in 2012, as part of a settlement with U.S. and U.K. regulators. Other big banks have also paid hefty penalties for their role in the scandal, which so far has cost the industry about $6 billion.
The SFO had previously brought Libor-related charges against former UBS (UBS) and Citigroup (C, Fortune 500) banker Tom Hayes, along with Terry Farr and James Gilmour, who both worked for brokerage RP Martin. All three have pleaded not guilty.

Regulators and legal authorities continue to pursue other individuals and banks.
The European Commission said in December that it was still going after HSBC (HBCYF), Credit Agricole (CRARF), JP Morgan (JPMPRD) and ICAP. To top of page

money.cnn.com...

This is bad, but has it never been done before? Libor tweaking? Is it so monumental people would kill themselves? Is there more to the story and this unrelated? Many questions still for me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join