It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goverment Researchers To Be Placed in U.S. Newsrooms.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I find it equally disturbing and amusing that some would like this program adopted, based on political ideology.

Amusing because if another political ideology were in power, they'd be screaming from the rooftops.

What we have to do is understand that this is bad regardless of who is in power.

This is bad regardless of ideology.

This is bad.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This is not the first time that the FCC has been in the news rooms, and offices of the media that we all enjoy. At one time, in the USA, they were present to ensure that nothing that would be considered vital to the war effort, to prevent any sort of news that could be used by the NAZI’s or the other groups could use as information against the USA. Later on the mandate of the censors were to prevent anything that could be considered immoral from being presented and aired.

Now we come to the modern day, where news moves at 24/7, is released at that amount and they want to put the FCC back into the newsrooms to ensure that the other side is represented and ultimately to investigate. It is going into the realm of censorship again, where they could threaten that if a person says one thing they will pull the license or fine the news corporation right there.

That is so disturbing about this, is that there is no explanation as to why, no reasoning given, just that they want to give it. What we should be even more disturbed about is that the mandate for this is not coming from the actual FCC, but is coming from the White House. It shows an eerie reminder of the Nixon administration and its enemy’s list, where there were news organizations and news casters that were on it, that Nixon wanted to have removed from their position, combined with the McCarthy witch hunts of yesteryear, where if you did not sign a loyalty oath, you were suspect if not black balled from any industry, if not the entire country, or ended up in prison. This cannot be allowed to happen, the freedom of the press must happen and should to keep the politicians in line and accountable to the public.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Exactly, something to be very worry about, we have an administration that is trying to hide something, either that or it actually taking the role of dictatorship regardless of what the independent media can inform to the tax payers voters.

Why? after a campaign of transparency now news are to be oppressed.

Using agencies to meet an agenda, just like the IRS was used already.

No matter what party a person is affiliated with, they have to understand that this is percussion and oppression anyway your put it

Another warning sign of things to come with the next administrations regardless of who will be in power, it seems that things in this nation are not getting any better.

edit on 20-2-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Ohh AMERICA AMERICIA Americana Amerika

The New Ministry Of Truth is coming in effect as it looks

Ministry of Truth
en.wikipedia.org...

In George Orwell's novel Nineteen Eighty-Four, the Ministry of Truth is Oceania's propaganda ministry. It is one of the four ministries that govern the nation. As with the other Ministries in the novel, the Ministry of Truth is a misnomer and in reality serves the opposite of its purported namesake: it is responsible for any necessary falsification of historical events. The book describes a willful fooling of posterity using doctored historical archives to show a government-approved version of events.
As well as administering truth, the ministry spreads a new language amongst the populace called Newspeak, in which, for example, "truth" is understood to mean statements like 2 + 2 = 5 when the situation warrants.

The Government Dabs The NSA and CIA in Branches of the System
Ask The Former Governor Jesse Ventura

Ohh This Sound Like the Control Like North Korea Soon they will say we have to leave the TV and Radio on in certain time in certain Locations and it will be illegal to turn it off nor turn the Volume Down just like North Korea ..

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I think that if handled responsibly I think this is a good idea.

Finally some oversight in news.

All it was was entertainment and propaganda. Now someone is watching and taking notes.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

I wish it was just a bullying tactic but I am afraid that this out right oppression, you can deal with a bully, because majority rule, but when is a power using oppression that is close to what dictators do, you know we are in big trouble, we have a constitution that very soon could not apply to executive decisions , in history we have learned that oppressing the free media is how governments become dictatorships, but the new dictators will not be one sovereign supreme leader anymore, but look what is happening in the US, for the last few decades the two ruling party in the nation with their recycle trash politicians has taken over any opposition, you either have dumb or dumber and as long as people get a choice of two clowns they think is democracy at its finest.

Not so, both parties are catering to each other, the laws that one party enact open the door for more take over and bigger government from the next.

Is a trend and people are too busy fighting over stupidity this days about who is better party than who to even taking notice it.

edit on 20-2-2014 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

Is an agenda alright, concocted from decades ago, but why it has taken this long? because back in the days people use to have backbone and used to hold government responsible, it takes time to used propaganda to brain wash new generations, one generation at a time until is not longer opposition.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by skuly

I wonder if the TV show 'Newsroom' will portray this development.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

beezzer

What is going to happen? I'm watching "Game of Thrones" and my "smart tv" will just switch to MSNBC because I didn't receive my daily allowance of "information"?

Carefull or you will end up in the re education camps there are likley planning

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

macman

Thanks 0bama voters. And thank you Progressives.

You need to thank Bush and Clinton voters too.

Theres alot of blame to go around.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I find it equally disturbing and amusing that some would like this program adopted, based on political ideology.

These are the people who honestly seem to believe that because Progressive or Liberal ideology is dominant now, it always will be into the future. Somehow believing the media bias when they claim the right is dead or the right has no chance. Hmm.. I've heard that before, haven't you? In fact, about both parties at various times, too. It's never proven true and our system always..always..swings back the other way eventually.

Minders in the newsroom won't go away with the next Bush type for world view. They'll stay and get stronger if anything....but political expediency overrides common sense and long term thinking in so many these days, it's giving "TPTB" everything they want, as a gift on a platter. We're actually ASKING for what they should have to fight to achieve.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Freedom hadn't existed in the world as people have come to know it, prior to the United States. At least not within a time frame meaningful to recall for the people then. That's simple historical fact for how the power structures of the ruling class in other global powers functioned, at that point in history.

come on Wrabbit you know history better than that.

The USA was hardly a becon of freedom even when it was first founded *cough* slavery *cough* Yeah it led in some ways and lagged behind badly in others. Id say 1865-1918 was likely the USA shinning time.
edit on 20-2-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

I do know history and some days, I'm just not in the mood to even half way play along with the bashing of my nation. This just happens to be one where I'm not in the mood. Even a little bit.

By no means has my feeling about it's leadership changed...but the country is, has been and damn anything to the contrary, still IS one of the best in the world for the character and quality of the people. Notice, of course, those people comprise those from all over the world, so it's not even nationalist per say, but noting there is nothing particular negative about the people or character of America...just the jackwagons running it. That goes back a few leaders, at least.

By the way.... The slave trade was practiced in various forms and to various levels by almost *ALL* European powers during the mass colonization. None of the major powers, including your own, have any place ..even a WEE LITTLE ONE...to say America had any corner on enslaving human beings as beasts of burden or worse. Who do you think Americans learned it from? (sigh)

Blame is a game with chairs enough for all to have a seat and belly up for a cup.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I wasn’t trying to bash just point out even from the beginning the goverment played fast and loose with the constitution and was hardly whiter than white and was pretty much down and dirty with the rest of the civilised world. And as I said it was ahead in some areas and lagged in other areas. IE it was one of the first to give voteing powers to the common man but also one of the last to abolsih slavery. As you said Europe cant say it was better that america I agree, but America cant really say the same either, both were pretty much up to there necks. But Europe never coined the document that said "All men are created equal" and thats the queation here mate, the goverment was ignoreing your own ideals right from the word go.

I did note the 1864-1914 was a shining moment. Ok it wasn’t innocent in that time frame but to me did progress leaps and bounds over Europe.

Wasnt a attack on the people but more a observation of the goverment.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

crazyewok

macman

Thanks 0bama voters. And thank you Progressives.

You need to thank Bush and Clinton voters too.

Theres alot of blame to go around.

And Bush and Clinton weren't on the ballot the last 2 election cycles.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

It's true America has never lived up to the shining example of perfection of it's stated ideals. At no point. The closest we ever really came, for a fleeting moment in time, was likely where George Washington openly turned down Presidency for life or the new American King's position to simply serve his time and return home. A classy example to set as the first.

When we look at the short comings of the very human founders, it's probably worth asking what we're comparing it to for measure, outside living up to our own goals? King George was as far from ideal on the other side as it got, at least to our thinking... France was tolerable but in the middle of it's own serious issues at the time and the rest of Europe was in various stages of colonization or competing to achieve it across 2 continents, in addition to North America (which was largely lost with America's founding for Europe...though another try for Mexico was made almost coinciding with the American civil war, as it happens).

I know you're not one to bash America...but it does get old at times that almost without regard to the subject, if it can possibly connect in any way at all, a negative American reference or some degree of blame will be brought up, or it seems that way. If I or others with a solid knowledge of the true diverse nature of blame for the ugliness of history were to take a similar tack with England, France, Spain or others...as right as it may be for many circumstances...it wouldn't be right as a focus.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

macman

And Bush and Clinton weren't on the ballot the last 2 election cycles.

Not but you cant afford to have a 3 secound memory.

What about the next election cycles? If you forget bush and next round vote republican your not going to get a turnaround are you? You will just get a continuation the same way Obama continued with Bushs policys.

You need to rember BOTH parts are scum and find a 3rd option.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I didn't vote for Bush or 0bama......or Romney.

The preaching isn't necessary for me.

I have a memory like that animal with the long trunk........can't recall...

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

It's true America has never lived up to the shining example of perfection of it's stated ideals. At no point. The closest we ever really came, for a fleeting moment in time, was likely where George Washington openly turned down Presidency for life or the new American King's position to simply serve his time and return home. A classy example to set as the first.

When we look at the short comings of the very human founders, it's probably worth asking what we're comparing it to for measure, outside living up to our own goals?

There you have I think. Its not the people or anything wrong with your founders, just the fact that government always eventually gets corrupted. Thats not a slight on America, just unfortunately Human nature.

As for the rest and I’m not trying to turn this into USA verse UK or Europe, but just for historical debate now:

Wrabbit2000
King George was as far from ideal on the other side as it got, at least to our thinking...

I think thats the mistake, UK wasn’t a absolute monarchy we are a democracy with a parliament. Problem was that Democracy was only for England. so yeah the people got representation, but only if those people were English! Still almost all the major decisions came from the British parliament, our monarch hasn’t held any significant power since we beheaded Charles I for being a douche bag.

But to be honest that would have been little comfort for the American colonists as weather it was King giving the commands or a English parliament they still didn’t have a say. And I cant blame em for being a bit annoyed at that.

Wrabbit2000

France was tolerable but in the middle of it's own serious issues at the time

I dunno, France was a absolute monarchy and I would have said was more tyrannical than the UK was. It was on its very last legs as the monarchy only lasted another 2 decades before SHTF.

Wrabbit2000
and the rest of Europe was in various stages of colonization or competing to achieve it across 2 continents, in addition to North America (which was largely lost with America's founding for Europe...though another try for Mexico was made almost coinciding with the American civil war, as it happens).

Yeah mexico....was a bit sticky.

Wrabbit2000
I know you're not one to bash America...but it does get old at times that almost without regard to the subject, if it can possibly connect in any way at all, a negative American reference or some degree of blame will be brought up, or it seems that way. If I or others with a solid knowledge of the true diverse nature of blame for the ugliness of history were to take a similar tack with England, France, Spain or others...as right as it may be for many circumstances...it wouldn't be right as a focus.

As I said I was highlighting a point the US Government had been playing loose with the constitution from the beginning.

Unfortunately this is a negative US thread form the get go so so a negative American reference is hard to avoid.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

We'll agree to disagree and figure we lived very different periods of time during the 1980's in America. Our perspectives are night/day radically different, to say the very least. Almost as if we were different generations all together, but I'm sure you did live through those years, right?

We can all have different takes on the same events though, and as noted, we couldn't possibly be further apart on politics. Particularly that span of years for recent American politics. To each their own.

Actually, no I didn't. I'm only 24. You are talking to someone with an outside perspective who is piecing together why freedom has been subverted to the degree it has. I leave perceptions and appearances out of it, because they always deceive. History shows this to be true at every last turn up to present day. Every time.

I'm just a guy trying to figure out why certain things are happening. Like congressmen buying yachts for their kids birthday parties while combat vets live poor and drink themselves to death and their family members work all day for less than a living wage and then come home to be brainwashed by rich people on TV using psychologically subversive tactics. I'm trying to figure out why we have the largest prison population in the world, the highest rate of drug use, the most rich people, and the strangest mentalities that just do not make sense. It's like every type of person that people are labeled as has been engineered by rich people. It's almost like we are viewed as pawns in a chess game. That's why I stopped playing checkers. I don't think politics really have anything to do with it. Politics are all for show. Nothing real to be found in politics.
edit on 20-2-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join