It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity inherently discriminatory

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:05 PM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

God sure didn't love the phillisteans. I quite sue I slaughtered the spelling. He quite literally " told" the Israelites to commit genocide. Killed them, their children even there live stock. Or did god love them too?

The worshipers of Baal were wiped out in the OT. He told some guy (forget his name)to kill them all. He rounded them all up by pretending to have a ceremony honoring Baal and then wiped them all out. Of course, they were sacrificing their kids to demons and committing every sin imaginable.... So yeah, God hates some people. People who say "God loves everyone equally" are just fishing for donations and followers.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

ArtemisE

God sure didn't love the phillisteans. I quite sue I slaughtered the spelling. He quite literally " told" the Israelites to commit genocide. Killed them, their children even there live stock. Or did god love them too?

It always struck me - why does a supreme omnipotent all powerful entity need to employ the services of mortals at all to do anything?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

ArtemisE

It always struck me - why does a supreme omnipotent all powerful entity need to employ the services of mortals at all to do anything?

The correct question is why does He choose to. And it is a good question. Too in depth to be discussed here, though.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Ubber logical. Wasn't there a whole campaign against the phillisteans? Not one instance where they killed them. There were also a bunch of other cities the conquered not because of child sacrifice but because God told them they could have what would have been there ancestral home.i can't recall the city states names. But watched a few on battles BC.

P.s. If Jesus is god, doesn't that mean (assuming your a believer) that he did all the genocidiness? Just did it precoporial form?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by ketsuko

I never asked for or received forgiveness from my parents. They punished me and everybody got over it.

Now, can you answer my question?

So, you have to believe to seek forgiveness, and you can't be saved without God's forgiveness for your wrongs.

How is forgiveness from God obtained? What is it that we need to be forgiven from?

Well then you had a very different upbringing than I did.

But I think I've gone around on this subject with you before. I think there are several basic lists of things God warned us against. The 10 Comandments, the Sermon on the Mount, the Golden Rule, the 7 Deadly Sins ... those are good places to start although the 7 deadly sins are more character flaws that lead to excesses that can lead you into trouble. They represent a basic lack of control over one's self.

And I also explained that when you wrong someone you need to ask their forgiveness, but since you were warned against wronging others by God first, you also need his forgiveness. All you really need to do, is believe and ask for forgiveness. For Christians, it's belief in Christ that leads to belief in God. Pretty simple really. Prayer is all that is required along with a sincere desire to not do wrong again (attitude of repentance).

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

Yes Jesus wiped out entire nations. He even sends people to Hell.

However, Jesus is God's Son and was tortured to death so that you and I would have a chance at salvation.

To understand why things are the way they are, you have to understand that as a result of free will, angels rebelled after being mislead by Satan, and Satan tempted man to rebel against God. Man did rebel. God sees the suffering in the world and the violence and hates it. He knows, objectively, what causes it. He operates with perfect justice and perfect understanding, something that we are incapable of. We can only understand so much, but know that you are in Satan's world and your choice is between the world and God. You will choose one or the other. It is an either or choice. God left the world in the hands of Satan, and calls Satan the god of this world. The Jews were the chosen people in the OT.
edit on 20-2-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Shouldn't at least the philistine children be save able? It's not a 3 year olds fault his parents worshipped Baal.

So your justification for the slaughter of babies at gods request is that they were sacrificing babies too.

Hehe " hey there sacrificing 2% of there children to Baal." Let's kill
100% of there children.

I think people who believe have a hard time looking at the bibles stories logically, your starting from Jesus loves everyone and if God did/said it then it must be the moral thing to do. I think if you were to read the bible without your upbringing. There's noway anyone would wanna buy in.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

It is hard to know exactly why God lets bad things happen to children. However, He is in control of their eternal fate. If raised as worshipers of demons, their fate would have been Hell and they would have perpetuated the worst evil imaginable. Is it possible that the eternal lives of those children were saved?

I am not God, and do not know all of the answers, but logically speaking - this world is completely #ed up and many people suffer their entire lives. It is Satan's world. We chose a lie over the Truth, and we reap what we sow. The nature of reality and existence is a puzzling thing.

One thing I do know is that God sees everything objectively and with perfect judgment, something we are incapable of. I have experienced things in life that have shown me this.

Someone in my family convinced me what the Word has in it is false from my teenage years. Only when I read it as an adult did I know the truth. It takes much contemplation. Any time you hear or read the Word of God and do not understand it, the deceiver snatches the good seed that was planted. You have to seek to find, and you have to want to know the real Truth. But first, you have to leave your pride behind.

edit on 20-2-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: typo

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
YES...

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   

The whole thing with Baal and calling him BaalZebub (Lord of the Flies) is just typical propaganda. Any pagan god instantly became a demon.

I think it has also been argued fairly conclusively that the reputation of the Caananites (i.e that they were sacrificing children etc) given to them by the Romans was also, by and large simply propaganda. The Romans were at war with Carthage - and they suffered a major defeat. The first casualty in war is truth, and you need your people to hate the enemy so you demonise them.
edit on RAmerica/Chicago28uThu, 20 Feb 2014 21:59:03 -06002-0600fCST09 by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing because: I just like to see the edit message at the end of every post

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   

bbracken677
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Ha! ok...then...hmmm

All liberals are racists!

All conservatives are racists!

All religions are racists!

lol

Is that better? muahahahaha

If there is such a thing as an ATS badge, I'm pretty sure you just earned it.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

OptimusSubprime

John 3:16 "For God so loved the World...". That means that He loves EVERYONE in the World. He doesn't hate people... He hates our sin.

So instead of saving everyone he loves he builds a place called hell that the majority will end up going to. Sounds like love to me!

God doesn't hate the sinner, he hates the sin, that's why he throws the sinner into eternal torture and lets sin run rampant on the world full of his beloved children. Sounds a bit backwards to me personally.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ReturnofTheSonOfNothing

Yep history is recorded by the winner.

Oh and freewillanomoy, thanks for all your posts!! You've put a lot of time and thought into it. And I appreciate it!

If the children of the philistines were captured and raised by Jews it's doubtful they would have remained baals minions.
Also since the bible is clear. There's no heaven without Jesus. That means Jesus ordered the murder and immortal torture of the children of all the tribes of men the Israelites slaughtered.

Freewillanomally, I would prefer if we addressed the logic of it all. There would be no need for any religious threads if well he's god so everything he does is right was a fair counter point.

I'd really like to debate the issue like we're looking at the chess board from the side. If you we were both agnostic. Instead of me an atheist and you a Christian. As if we were both open to religion being true or false neither is committed to a side.

Please reply you've been an excellent addition to the thread.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yea if there is a god logic and reason weren't his strong suits. Hehe

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   

I'm not going to debate, but I am open to discussion. If your goal is to promote thought and look for the truth, I am all for that.

Much of the problem comes from not knowing what would have happened and imagining in your own mind what would have happened, or creating your own idea of what God is like. If you want to know the truth of your situation, just ask God. He hears you. You should choose your words carefully, and not use too many of them. Don't let other humans influence you. Your relationship with God is between you and Him. I know that translations of the Bible are flawed, and that people have added to and taken away from the Word to suit their own wants. God warned that it would happen.

You see so many people doing the things God warned about. Giving to be seen giving, and praying when around humans for show. God tells us to do things in secret. Your relationship with Him is secret.

The best advice I can give you is to stop trusting your perceptions and stop thinking like a human. The correct answer, in God's eyes, is to hate this world and to choose Him over this world(who is not of this world).

On the topic of the Baal worshipers, like I said, there is no way to know what would have happened had things went this way or that way. I do know that if my choice was between death as a child or eternal suffering, I would have chosen death as a child. We know that many things are passed down genetically. There are many who believe, and I am one of them, that part of the reason for the Flood was the genetic corruption that resulted from demons leaving their estate (which is another set of dimensions), entering ours, and having children with human women. Those children turned into great leaders and hunters, but were evil and brought terror on the world. They are called Nephilim and are described in the Book of Enoch, who was a righteous man who walked with God. It is one of the oldest books we have from ancient times. I believe that God's will and judgment are perfect, and that submitting to Him in all things is the right choice if peace is what I desire above all else, and it is. Human thought and human perceptions always mislead, but thinking like God and disregarding your perceptions in this world can set you on the path to peace. God tells us to seek peace and truth, and to leave this world behind. I do believe that the parts of the Word that teach us to think like Him are intact in the Bible.

I can not approach things as an agnostic would, because God has revealed his presence to me and even sent angels to save my life on more than one occasion (physically save me from death). I love Him too much to be able to see things from that perspective. Many of my friends died young, and as the Scripture says, that does not mean I am better than them because I lived. But God did take mercy on me and my family, who still need me. I still struggle though, and have not attained righteousness. I believe that through Him it is possible, though. Conversely to how the angels who fell chose of their own free will to abandon God when He had given them righteousness, I was born in sin and choose of my own free will to submit to God even though I had no choice about being born in sin. Even if I do not attain righteousness, I do believe that choice will count for something in His eyes. But I do believe righteousness is attainable.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yea if there is a god logic and reason weren't his strong suits. Hehe

His logic is perfect. His creations were given free will, and the world fell. As a result, we are living in a fallen, dying, and decaying world. The god that you hear many people talking about is not God, but is who God referred to as the god of this world. This world is in the hands of the god of this world, Satan.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   

But the children of baals got death and eternal torment?

This is gonna sound confrontational but I gotta.... so are the other. Races of man inferior by blood to Jews in gods eyes?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I find it astonishing how humans can think they know the mind of God.

Seems a bit arrogant. And you can't use the Bible because men wrote the Bible. Old testament didn't work so they took the easy way out and wrote the New Testament, threw out a bunch of books and the men eventually decided on the KJV. and now call it the holy word of God.

hubpages.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

P.s. I'm not saying you think other races are less then you. Or Jews are better or what ever. I'm just saying if Jews were just born better then that's the logical conclusion.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Well said.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join