It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity inherently discriminatory

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

ArtemisE

Hey ATS peeps,

With the law they tried to pass in Kansas failing, I gotta ask. Is Christianity inherently discrimitory?

I'm not just talking about the gay thing. There are more then a few who think the focus on homosexuality over other sins is misinterpreting the text anyway.

My main point is.

Is the concept that if you don't believe in Christ,Then your soul is doomed to be tortured for all eternity, discriminatory? I'm my humble opinion this is why Christianity catches so much flak.

It's not the thought that there's a paradise awaiting the faithful. It's the fact that they think. " if you don't believe what I believe. You'll BURN.

If you look into history. It's at best questionable weather hell was originally intended as a place for all the unbelievers to be punished. Or weather it was a creation of dark age clergy who found more people would sign on if they preached " you'll burn in hell forever" then "you'll get to go to heaven if you do".

What do y'all think?

Regards,
AE

Hey ATS peeps, with the civil war in Syria in full swing, the rebels are massacring Christians and their churches simply for not being Muslim.

I'm not talking just about Syria, I'm also talking about places like Egypt and Iran too. Is Islam inherently discriminate towards non Muslims? Over 50 Churches were burned in Egypt in a matter of days during their revolution, and Christians in Syria are being asked how they want to die before being executed, while their Women are raped and their churches pillaged and burned. All because they believe in a different man than they do.

What do y'all think?

Regards,
chuck258

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

The ironic thing is that many of the worst parts of modern christianity aren't even really in christianity, like American exceptionalism, corporatism, environmental destruction, contempt for other countries,

Do you really believe what you wrote?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by chuck258

What do y'all think?

I think all religion, especially the 3 Abrahamic branches are evil to the core, and need to be banished from planet earth, along with their miserable, jealous, vengeful and wrathful god.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Raivan31

Indigent
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Buddhism is not a religion? They don't send you to hell for not believing in The fat one, i think

No you just have to keep being re-incarnated until you get it right..... That's there version 'Hell' or 'Failure'
But, being buddist they put a positive spin on by saying that you get another chance to improve yourself...

People really need to research the ancient roots of Buddhism.

Buddhist were conquers too.

There is a Buddhist hell, demons and end of days.
en.wikipedia.org...
www.travelchinaguide.com...

buddhism.about.com...

In his "Sermon of the Seven Suns" in the Pali Canon, the Buddha describes the ultimate fate of the world in an apocalypse that will be characterized by the consequent appearance of seven suns in the sky, each causing progressive ruin till the Earth is destroyed:

All things are impermanent, all aspects of existence are unstable and non-eternal. Beings will become so weary and disgusted with the constituent things that they will seek emancipation from them more quickly. There will come a season, O monks when, after hundreds of thousands of years, rains will cease. All seedlings, all vegetation, all plants, grasses and trees will dry up and cease to be...There comes another season after a great lapse of time when a second sun will appear. Now all brooks and ponds will dry up, vanish, cease to be.
—Aňguttara-Nikăya, VII, 6.2 Pali Canon[58]

The canon goes on to describe the progressive destruction of each sun. A third sun will dry the mighty Ganges and other great rivers. A fourth will cause the great lakes to evaporate, and a fifth will dry the oceans. Finally:

Again after a vast period of time a sixth sun will appear, and it will bake the Earth even as a pot is baked by a potter. All the mountains will reek and send up clouds of smoke. After another great interval a seventh sun will appear and the Earth will blaze with fire until it becomes one mass of flame. The mountains will be consumed, a spark will be carried on the wind and go to the worlds of God....Thus, monks, all things will burn, perish and exist no more except those who have seen the path.
en.wikipedia.org...
The sermon completes with the planet engulfed by a vast inferno. The Pali Canon does not indicate when this will happen relative to Maitreya.[58]

edit on 092828p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

King James Bible
But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

edit on 092828p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
No they are not discriminatory.

“Come to me, ALL you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”

What Christ taught and how men twisted it is hard to comprehend.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

All things are impermanent, all aspects of existence are unstable and non-eternal. Beings will become so weary and disgusted with the constituent things that they will seek emancipation from them more quickly. There will come a season, O monks when, after hundreds of thousands of years, rains will cease. All seedlings, all vegetation, all plants, grasses and trees will dry up and cease to be...There comes another season after a great lapse of time when a second sun will appear. Now all brooks and ponds will dry up, vanish, cease to be.
—Aňguttara-Nikăya, VII, 6.2 Pali Canon[58]

The difference is that the logical and true prediction of the Buddha requires "hundreds of thousands of years" before the end, compared to Christians claiming, praying for and rejoicing, for "The end of the world is near!" for the last 2000 years!

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Is Christianity inherently discriminatory

Being discriminatory is not inherently bad. Its only bad when its overdone and extended to race, sex, creed.

An example: I believe murder is wrong. Non-murder is right. So I discriminate against murderers by refusing to praise them, cater to them, do Business with them or let them run loose. Without discrimination you descend into extreme moral relativism where nothing is right or wrong and anyone can do as they choose. Thats why the best practice is:

"Anyone can do what they choose as long as it doesnt interfere with others". Hence being discriminatory against gays is pointless because their bedroom practice does not interfere with my life. A pedophile on the other hand, interferes with the life of a child, as does a murderer with the life of a person.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   

3NL1GHT3N3D1
Every religious sect is discriminatory in some form or fashion because they close themselves off from other people who aren't part of their "group". When you believe only you and a select few get saved while the vast majority go to hell forever, that develops a superiority complex because they believe they are somehow special because of what they believe. This isn't just limited to Christianity though, it extends out to other religions as well and even into politics.

Yes. I'd even expand that to all groups are exclusionary in some form. People cluster and associate with like minded people--it's part of the human condition. We see this not only in religion, but football fans, athiests, politics, hobbies, race and ethnic groups, etc.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

You jumped into a conversation where we were discussing Jesus and the Bible. Thank you for the perspective, though, of how the children of this world think. As usual, they base their thoughts on their perceptions instead of objective logic. It was still interesting to see it confirmed in the way you did.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

Much like you, dumb child.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf2

The Catholic church was not the original church nor was it ever the only church. Protestants and denominations, as you put it, are offshoots of Catholicism. They can be found in service every Sunday and getting drunk every Sabbath (Saturday). The Catholics changed the day they consider the Sabbath from the 7th to the 1st to incorporate paganism, along with countless holidays and feasts. 1st commandment - no false gods in front of god
2nd commandment - part of it says no images of angels/God/people in heaven... I have heard the bogus explanation that the prohibition was lifted because we are no longer going to fall into idol worship of the images.

Judging who goes up by canonizing saints..

The list goes on. Catholicism is not true Christianity.

I wanted to believe it was for a long time, but there are too many gaps in the logic of Catholics and the history presented by Catholics is simply propaganda in many cases.

God's Church is everywhere believers are. If I am discussing the Lord with coworkers at work, I am at Church and the Lord is present.
edit on 20-2-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Thank you for those links that is really interesting.

I really feel like most of the problems are that everything "is Lost in Translation".

In my mind I am merging everything though.
The Way of the Hall of All.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

This thread is NOT about Jesus and the Bible, (the Bible says anything you want it to, by the way), it's about the discriminatory practices of Christianity and Christians. Note, the title of the thread: "Is Christianity inherently discriminatory".

The OP broached the subject, they say, due to the recent attempt to legalize discrimination, based on religious views, in 5 US states!

You, in your posts, have proven positively, that Christians do indeed feel that they have the right to discriminate and that, according to you, "Jesus hates some people". That hate is easily seen, and is reflected, in your posts.

edit on 20-2-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

muzzleflash

Thank you for those links that is really interesting.

I really feel like most of the problems are that everything "is Lost in Translation".

In my mind I am merging everything though.
The Way of the Hall of All.

That was my whole purpose for going back through time, a personal journey to figure out what the truth really is.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Myself and another poster were discussing Jesus and the Bible when he jumped in and pretended we were not discussing that.

Anyways, yes God hates some people. I wasn't aware I was displaying hatred towards anyone, but people who base their thoughts on their perceptions always get it wrong anyways.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

So god must hate u too, since he put you with us sorry sinners.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

Still basing your thoughts on your perceptions. This is what God is referring to when he says "thinking like a human." If you base your thoughts on what you perceive in this world, the adversary will entangle your mind in a web of deceit.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   

God made man in his image. Got a problem with design, talk to the manufacture for a refund. Maybe you should ask God why he put you here with the neanderthals, homos and lesbo, or atheists. I think you must of committed a sin in the past life or something.

And no, a person like doesn't make me think human, it makes me think like angry madman, when people like you don't give a # about your life or others. And just wanna bitch and moan about God hating everything and never think of the future.

If a hypocrite like you goes to heaven, Hell will be blessing.
edit on 20-2-2014 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Specimen

You are thinking like a human right now. Your entire analysis of me is based on worldly perception. That is why you, and many who came before you, can not understand me and others like me. You expect people to have a need for control and you expect them to think like you.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

DAM right Human, Im Judging you.

Never Judge unless, ye be judge.

REPENT SINNER...REPENT!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join