It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity inherently discriminatory

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

Only a Christian would think that.... LOL

So because I see things differently then Christianity teaches.... I couldn't have possibly read genesis or the gospels...

I seeeee..... LMAO!!

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Akragon

Only a Christian would think that.... LOL

So because I see things differently then Christianity teaches.... I couldn't have possibly read genesis or the gospels...

I seeeee..... LMAO!!

I never said that. I said anyone who has read both Genesis and a Gospel can see the hilariously blatant deception in the post.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Well I've been though the book 7 times... and each book by itself individually many times

And I read and study the gospels regularly... perhaps you could explain this deception to me

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Akragon
reply to post by yuppa

uhh... I follow Christs teachings... and I am not Christian

Christianity does not own the rights to Jesus... Though they believe they do

Never said we did. the NAME christian comes from Christ though. ANd if you follow his teachings technically you ARE one,BUT you do not subscribe to the Official church right?

God gave us all free will and He expected us to be wise enough to find our own paths. I do not need a minister telling me what to live by when i can comprehend it well enough myself.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Inherently discriminatory. It's a jealous god, that one.

If you believe all this nonsense - non-believers (many of whom are good, honest people trying to do positive things for society) go straight to hell, do not pass go. Meanwhile, serial killer Geoffrey Dhamer converted shortly before he died, so presumably he's sitting up there in the heavenly firmament at god's right hand happy as Larry.

Why on earth would you worship such a morally bankrupt being?

There is no heaven, nor hell. Our only time is here and now. Make the most of it ppl, because it will be over before you all know it. Life is precious, and it's not a practice-round for some simplistic notion of an afterlife..

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   

yuppa

Akragon
reply to post by yuppa

uhh... I follow Christs teachings... and I am not Christian

Christianity does not own the rights to Jesus... Though they believe they do

Never said we did. the NAME christian comes from Christ though. ANd if you follow his teachings technically you ARE one,BUT you do not subscribe to the Official church right?

God gave us all free will and He expected us to be wise enough to find our own paths. I do not need a minister telling me what to live by when i can comprehend it well enough myself.

Well being Christian doesn't mean you follow Jesus... It means you follow the bible...

Christianity is mostly based on teachings of the "Fathers" of the religion, Paul, and the OT....Along with whatever dogma the pastor/minister thinks might be good to "maintain" their flock...... not the actual gospels where Christs words are found...

And while I agree and follow what Jesus said, I have no need to label my beliefs... and I choose not to associate myself with that religion because of the "fruit" it produces... so to speak.

edit on 19-2-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yes, Jesus said disregard the Law and the Prophets because he came to abolish them.

Or wait, did he say the exact opposite of that?

Yeah, it was the *exact* opposite of that... Seems like He knew people like you would come around claiming to have read His Word 7 times while they are attempting an ancient deception.

Attempt at meaningless debate countdown:

edit on 19-2-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:35 PM
link   

mmmhmmm... He also said all that came before me were thieves and robbers...

And all the law and the prophets hang on two rules.... The OT God had 613 commandments...

Maybe you should take a look over those and see if you follow that so called god after all...

have fun with that by the way

theres nothing to debate either.... believe whatever you like...

matters not to me

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yes I follow the God who's Word can be found in much of the OT. The same God who sent Jesus, who Jesus said sent him, who sent the prophets, and who did not send the false Messiahs that Jesus warned about (like the ones running cults today). That is Father, and you are a fool.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

haha... yes you do follow that so called god

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Your words betray you...

remember ye silly Christian... God is love... OR at least that is the aspect of God that brings us to him...

You'll find nothing but Jealousy, Wrath, envy, and deceit with your so called god...

but again... believe whatever you like...

There is no love in your words... Your god is not my God

Good luck with that though... truly

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

1. You are not my brother, so there is no fear of judgment for my words.
2. You are right, my God is not your god.
3. I do not believe in luck, so I won't need it.

Death is around the corner and judgment awaits for all of us. You are a fool. I am not wise, but I know enough to know that I should fear the Father and that His Son is my only chance at salvation. Yes God is love. No wonder He chose to die for us at the hands of sinners instead of worshiping your god.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

Christianity is not discriminatory, but human beings are. If this law had not passed, then discrimination would have still been the result, except the discrimination would have been against private business owners and not homosexuals. The story in John 4 about the Samaritan woman and Jesus at the well is proof that Jesus, and by extension, Christianity is not discriminatory. At that time, Jews looked at Samaritans as second class citizens, however Jesus (a Jew) treated the Samaritan woman like anyone else, and even asked her for a drink of water, which was a major taboo back then. Jews were not allowed to drink or eat from the same dishes as Samaritans, and yet Jesus overlooked this man made law, because men are discriminatory, whereas Jesus is not... He loves everyone the same.
edit on 19-2-2014 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   

OptimusSubprime

He loves everyone the same.
edit on 19-2-2014 by OptimusSubprime because: (no reason given)

Most reoccurring lie ever told about Jesus. Impartial yes. Loves everyone the same? Not even close. He hates some people.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

FreeWillAnomaly
reply to post by Akragon

1. You are not my brother, so there is no fear of judgment for my words.
2. You are right, my God is not your god.
3. I do not believe in luck, so I won't need it.

Death is around the corner and judgment awaits for all of us. You are a fool. I am not wise, but I know enough to know that I should fear the Father and that His Son is my only chance at salvation. Yes God is love. No wonder He chose to die for us at the hands of sinners instead of worshiping your god.

And again I appreciate the shining example of why I will not Label myself Christian...

A bad tree can not produce good fruit...

thanks again... Look closely class...

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   

OptimusSubprime

If this law had not passed, then discrimination would have still been the result, except the discrimination would have been against private business owners and not homosexuals.

They're not private business owners they're public business owners, but, pfft. Let's ignore that.

I'd like to ask you a question. Assuming that you are opposed to unfair discrimination, how do you equitably resolve the multitude of situations in a State, county, city, each with its own individual facts and details, in which two citizens (each with a equal quality of "rights") are diametrically opposed in what they want? How do you resolve that equitably, fairly, judiciously, etc.?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Modern American fundamentalist Christianity is definitely discriminatory, among other things. It is chock full of problems.

The ironic thing is that many of the worst parts of modern christianity aren't even really in christianity, like American exceptionalism, corporatism, environmental destruction, contempt for other countries, etc.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

FreeWillAnomaly

Most reoccurring lie ever told about Jesus. Impartial yes. Loves everyone the same? Not even close. He hates some people.

yet just a couple posts back, on the same page even we have....

FreeWillAnomaly
Yes God is love.

Man, I don't think you even know what you believe nor do you understand what you're saying when you say it. You just throw out some tired old phrase all charged up with emotion and walk away feeling proud of yourself, blind to it all.

That's neat. You're fun to watch...

edit on 19-2-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

There is no emotion attached. Faith is an endeavor of the mind. You don't seem to understand that God defines reality and what love actually is. You don't. Nothing is subjective.

eta: OK, there is one emotion attached. Fear. Pride is definitely something to fear (another thing God hates), so hopefully you are wrong. The last thing I need is another sin adding to my potential sentence.
edit on 19-2-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I'm not going to argue with ya man. I don't wanna really wanna be responsible for shaking up your faith even if it is possible. I've had too many of these talks lately and I don't really care enough at this point.

But if you get a chance, take a few minutes and listen to a really cool tune for me. Really listen and just think about it for a second....It's really short and mellow too. If you want to that is....

The Big Electron

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

Carlin was very funny wrt worldly matters. The world blinded him to matters of the spirit.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join