It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity inherently discriminatory

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   

windword
reply to post by Logarock

That was not a parable that I quoted, that was the Sermon on the Mount. Are you trying to tell me, that in this Bible story, Jesus was deliberately misleading the masses into thinking they would receive forgiveness as they forgave others?

edit on 21-2-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

No I am not saying that. Jesus was clear when He said that. What I am saying is that He told His disciples privately that He spoke in parables to intentionally blind or keep some blind as He didn't want them to come to a state of repentance. That's all I am saying.

One example is the parable of the talents. The blind see this as some sort of monetary investment deal. Those that can see understand this to be about something far removed from money. Money, talents, is being used in the parable as a tool to teach the abstract value of other things.

Another is the parable of the sower. The blind also see this as some sort of monetary exchange. Seeing that Jesus clearly explains later that this parable is about the word of God and the harvest is about the spiritual harvest that comes from that, its hard to understand why this has been made into a directive to give money to "seed" ministries. But this confusion is understood when we apply Jesus words about the blinding qualities of parables. The natural mind just jumps on anything that looks like a proposition for personal wealth gain. Preachers preach it that way and dumb sheep toss money at them thinking that God must then give them back rewards in monetary value. Jesus however was talking about casting spiritual seed and the harvest will be the spiritual growth and development of others.

These ministries that teach that the vine is pruned according to the fruit it produces i.e. how much money you send in is a major understanding of a parable in a state of blindness. The blind get caught in the net but those that can see slip through. The blind get caught in the net of natural understanding. Those that teach it this way expose themselves as the usurpers of the vineyard to their own gain. The true sheep can see who gets captured by the natural, elemental properties of a parable.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Logarock

Akragon
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

Dude there are soo many problems with the whole concept of hell, not to mention it does not mesh with a loving creator...

Now if one believes in the OT god I can completely see how that person can believe in hell...

Though if one believes in a loving merciful God, hell is just incompatible...

There is no "reality" to hell... Its a myth used though out the ages to scare people into conversion...

The church plays on our innate fear of the unknown...

Dude, you like to quote Jesus. He said some things about hell, judgment and destruction.

Again this is just another example of you putting out totally false information. You are a disinfo agent.

Yeah... im a disinfo agent of Satan

out to screw all Christians...

Gimme a break man...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

You`ll find flaws in the people representing everything,people are by their nature inherently flawed.I see a lot of good people representing Christianity who give of themselves immensely to help others,it`s a common thread that runs through most Christians in this country,and to label them as hateful,gay bashing people who are out of touch with modern times is not just despicable but completely untrue and those feeling free to slander Christians in all the hateful ways deemed acceptable by the gay rights agenda today are simply hypocrites who are not respecting the beliefs of a religion thousands of years old.Only bullies demand respect and capitulation from opposing viewpoints while at the same time feeling themselves to be too good to do so in return.
Morality is the foundation of civilization,to be moral is not a bad thing.It just so happens that Christianity being the pre-eminent religion in this country from which our moral beliefs originate has had a bullseye drawn on its back by progressives who see it as a roadblock in achieving their fundamentally flawed vision of the future.Do gays know that Muslim countries hang gays openly in the streets for being gay? Why not direct your anger there? Is it due to the pacifist nature of Christians in general, who will pray for your soul rather than just kill you outright as the Muslims I feel have shown themselves capable of doing?
Get this, I`m not even a Christian! I`m just some dude on the outside looking in, and I see a group of people pushing an agenda who show no understanding or respect for religious beliefs or the people raised to believe in them,using disparaging names to describe them and there religion,while at the same time demanding not just the right to practice homosexuality openly(which they have been able to do freely for decades)but also demanding the approval of Christians by demanding marriage in a church sanctioned by a god who clearly states that marriage is intended for a man and a woman as a way to pro-create.A court marriage isnt good enough,gotta rub there faces in it too.Its a basic tenement in Christian scripture handed down by there god and they are not going to change anything no matter the two faced demands of 3% of the population.
If you demand respect or understanding from others be prepared to give it back,otherwise you are just giving lip service.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Text It's not the thought that there's a paradise awaiting the faithful. It's the fact that they think. " if you don't believe what I believe. You'll BURN.
reply to post by ArtemisE

Well, that depends upon what you believe. All Abrahamic denominations do not believe the same. There are some that believe all people who ever existed will be blessed with eternal life and then there are some that believe that those who are not worthy will be punished just for a little while and then allowed eternal bliss. Then there are some that believe if you don't join my club then you are to be an outcast. You have three mainline Abrahamic divisions which are Jews. Christians, and Muslims and all three claim to be the right path. Now you and I both know that someone is really wrong in all of this but which ones are wrong can not be proven. Maybe all three are wrong I don't really know and I don't think they know either.

Going back to the true Christians Church of Jesus, tells a far different story than what these people claim today. Some Christian sects believe that there is a second death of the spirit in the end time and that this is when all the souls in hell will lose consciousness and be cast into the lake of fire. If that is true then a bad guy is not tormented forever. Then there are some that believe that you are punished for twelve months and then reinstated into their family. Then there are some that believe you are reincarnated to get it right and not really destroyed. So as you can see there are a lot of different ideas out there and that leaves the gate wide open for whatever you want to believe.

But out of all of this, you are right. Each little club of people are protective and do discriminate even within their own little club. You have the money people who run the church and get the attention and praise and then you got the little guy with the bad hairdo and torn suit who is the fall guy for whatever is their agenda. That is all over the religious spectrum without exception. If you have the right money you can even buy your way into paradise. Some religions can wave their magic wand and "walla" you have a ticket to the promised land.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Artemise and bbracken677,

Was reading your posts and wanted to offer something that may help you to understand more about little children and the mentally challenged who are innocent of sin. Even though we are all born in sin does not mean that all human life knowingly sins. There is a permissive will of God and a perfect will of God. All of us are now living in a permissive will of God.

It would take many pages to explain all the references of the little children who have died without the knowledge of God or Jesus but will try to give you some references. First you should consider the fact that the authors of Isaiah were not Jewish. They were the prophets that the Hebrews adopted and later written in their bible.

With that said, start with Isaiah 65:17-25 and Isaiah chapter 66 complete. Then read and digest Revelation chapters 21 and 22. Within that spectrum you will see that the child that has not reached an accountable age will be given life in the world to come. The following is the teaching that I received some seventy five years ago by a Christian rabbi.

Isaiah says that one day God will build a new heaven and earth. John verifies this in Revelation. Isaiah tells us that there will be children on this new earth and that these children will be restored humans who shall be given one hundred years to mature and given a chance for salvation. After their allotted one hundred years they are not allowed into the New Jerusalem city of God till they have been judged and given the credentials to enter the city. The city (New Jerusalem) is a guarded city of twelve gates and only those who have been judged are allowed to leave and enter the city at will. The children are nourished by the new earth through planting and harvest and their sickness controlled by the leaves of the trees of life.

I will leave the rest for you to study because time and space is not possible here at ATS. The aborted as well as affirmed child and the mentally handicapped will be given their chance in salvation and pass from mortality to immortality.

The New Jerusalem is the Kingdom of Heaven which Jesus preached to us and was given at His death. That is also in you bibles but long kept silent by most religionists. The Jewish rabbi who taught me is long dead and not being a member of any religion I am still amazed that Christian churches have not taught this to their people.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

That's another discriminatory thing in religions.

The concept that anyone not of god is evil and a knowing or unknowing agent of satan.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

It really is amazing the variety of different FUNAMENTAl beliefs amongst Christians. I
Bet if you were to poll them all. Most would swear the others are going to hell.

Cannot understand devoting your life and soul to something y'all have no real idea about.... You all think you do, but really there's only 2 options. Your all wrong or just one group is right.

Y'all don't see the craziness in that? In another aspect of life would you commit so much with so little consensus or evidence?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Oh and thanks to all who helped put this post on the home page!!!!

Especially freewillanomoy! You've been here the whole time. Sorry for not naming more people. I'm too lazy to go back and look.

I think this is my first to make the home page

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Hey, my mother in law isn't christian and got asked to leave my father in law's funeral room by the priest because of that. I was called a witch because I am not baptized. Welcome to my country, where inquisition is still working but in other ways.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   

*Anomaly

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Grimpachi

Can you add some context to these?

They are quite puzzling to be in such contrast to what people claim he was about.

Luke 19:27
"But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"

Luke 19:27 was a part of a parable about a king, and the parable is called "The Parable of the Ten Minas", So yes, that verse was taken out of context.

Matthew 5:17
“Do not think that I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfill."

If you would keep reading, you'd see that Jesus explains directly what "The Law" and "The Prophets" are:

Matthew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up The Law and The Prophets.

This message is repeated multiple times:

Galatians 5:14
For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Romans 13:8]
Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

ArtemisE
reply to post by Akragon

The concept that anyone not of god is evil and a knowing or unknowing agent of satan.

Akragon really doesn't understand enough but passes as some sort of authority. Now I say that simply from an academic ground. You on the other hand cant even pass off but sound like some freshman in college spouting lame talking points and basic anti christian rhetoric.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

Well that is confusing because I hardly ever read about Christians following that one. Are you sure that one wasn't thrown out as well. Just about every other religious thread has someone damning someone to hell or calling groups abhorrent. In the past months I have seen two states put forward bills that would allow Christians to discriminate against people based on faith.

There is to much back and forth reasoning in that religion IMO.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Grimpachi
reply to post by arpgme

Well that is confusing because I hardly ever read about Christians following that one. Are you sure that one wasn't thrown out as well. Just about every other religious thread has someone damning someone to hell or calling groups abhorrent. In the past months I have seen two states put forward bills that would allow Christians to discriminate against people based on faith.

See, that's the catch right there. How can you Love your neighbor as yourself, if you won't serve him in your business. That's not Christian. Well?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Logarock

ArtemisE
reply to post by Akragon

Akragon really doesn't understand enough but passes as some sort of authority. Now I say that simply from an academic ground. You on the other hand cant even pass off but sound like some freshman in college spouting lame talking points and basic anti christian rhetoric.

And as usual you do nothing but attack others.... and use words like "academic" to make yourself sound good...

Nothing ever changes with you...

attack first, back up your posts with nothing... assume everything

Good stuff bro

edit on 22-2-2014 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

Grimpachi
reply to post by arpgme

Well, I don't know of any other verses in the bible that says that you can fulfill God's Law by doing only one thing, except for these verses which refer specifically to treating others as yourself:

Matthew 7:12
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Romans 13:10
Love does no harm to a neighbor. Therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Romans 13:8
Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.

And I agree with you, it's interesting how the bible verses that tell you what to do to fulfill "God's Law" are the verses that aren't quoted. Some people like to use bible verses to judge others but the bible verses that tells you the direct path To Heaven are ignored.

Matthew 7:12-13
So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets. Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Akragon

Logarock

ArtemisE
reply to post by Akragon

And as usual you do nothing but attack others.... and use words like "academic" to make yourself sound good...

Good stuff bro

I am not attacking. I insist that this be understood. I am simply stating my opinion which may not be pleasant like some of the opinions expressed about Christianly on this page by the OP nonetheless.

And as to your above, this is how you come off. This is your game. You also like to attack and then when confronted fall back on poor pitiful me. Its clear to anyone that reads you carefully with an open mind that you are a hack and a troll.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

amazing

Grimpachi
reply to post by arpgme

See, that's the catch right there. How can you Love your neighbor as yourself, if you won't serve him in your business. That's not Christian. Well?

Its not Christian to ask someone to serve you if they don't want to either. Just speaking technically, your point is taken.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Logarock

Akragon

Logarock

ArtemisE
reply to post by Akragon

Good stuff bro

I am not attacking. I insist that this be understood. I am simply stating my opinion which may not be pleasant like some of the opinions expressed about Christianly on this page by the OP nonetheless.

And as to your above, this is how you come off. This is your game. You also like to attack and then when confronted fall back on poor pitiful me. Its clear to anyone that reads you carefully with an open mind that you are a hack and a troll.

And of course by insisting... it makes you correct right?

This is my game... how about a reference to my game?

I have 15k posts on this forum.... point out one where I attack anyone...

Anyone who reads my words carefully knows I point to one thing... the gospels...

You on the other hand attack anyone who disagrees with your opinion, you back up nothing... and you assume you know the motives of everyone on this forum that doesn't agree with you .... You call me a disinfo agent LOL

and as per your usual game.... You attack me call me a troll and a hack...

You're hilarious!! LMAO!!

I insist that anyone who reads this persons words to look back in his post history and see what hes really about....

YOU troll my posts just to attack me... then disappear like a fart in the wind when I back you into a corner....

Im actually shocked you haven't been banned by now... but time will tell

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Yes if you buy the definition of discrimination as given to you by the pulpit of mass media.

Yes when you buy the lie from the pulpit of mass media that the discernment of evil from good is "discrimination"

Yes when you buy the lie from the mass media pulpit that
Love is tolerance and tolerance is love and
Hate is intolerance and intolerance is hate

A society that does not discriminate against evil is a society guilty of evil and a society that will reap it's 'rewards'. History is the record of judgement. Learn from it - it teaches you a completely contrary message than the mass media pulpit.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join