It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Christianity inherently discriminatory

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

There's no flaw in the argument to point out. You know this is very unlogical if that's the way it is, but if that's not the way it is the where's the foundation of Christianity?

It shouldn't matter if I said debate or discussion. It's all semantics. A rose by any other name you know.

That at least on its face value a jacked up belief of Christianity. that's completely against society as a whole. Atleast any society we would want.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtemisE

No one ever said God tortures babies for all of eternity other than you. How old are you?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

No one ever said God tortures babies for all of eternity other than you. How old are you?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

ArtemisE

Talking about the children being innocent and going to heaven. You've contradicted that with previous posts. The only way to heaven is thru Jesus. Also arnt we all born sinners? Plus there's the whole ignorance is no excuse thing. So the logic is that all the children of any race or creed that died without ever even hearing of the Hebrew god or Jesus. We're cast into the pit of fire to be tortured for all eternity!

That's a hell of a spin on the abortion issue! God doesn't just kill babies... He kills them then torments them for all eternity!!!

And I'm not just referring to the children of baals followers.. Literally billions of innocents not lucky enough to be born before the free flow of information. God has in some cases demanded there deaths, and in all cases cast them into the pit of fire!

Why would anyone glorify such a diety! I mead he makes hitler look like a slacker.
edit on 21-2-2014 by ArtemisE because: (no reason given)

This post is about as mean spirited as any I have seen here....almost.

I will not mention the ignorance involved. This is definitely not the post of a progressive mind.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I think Judaism is more discriminating when it considers all non jews are animals ,that can be killed ,raped ,cheated ,lied to, etc,and its not a sin ! followed by Islam which is another intolerant religion, Christians [true Christians ] Cannot do those things to their fellow man ,they are still people and human beings .There is no such thing as Hell ,which was the Valley of Gehenna which an illustration used to symbolise everlasting destruction .Why would a Just God punish someone forever for 60 0r 80 years on earth, for eternity ?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I'm 32. I'm pretty sure ,according to main stream Christianity , that if you don't know Jesus when you die you go to hell.

I'm pretty sure some where it says that ignorence is no excuse. Meaning that those who never heard of god, still go to hell.

There are babies that die in infancy that are born to all religions. So how do they not burn in hell? Where's the "disclaimer" saying babies get a free pass.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bbracken677

Please tell me how it works then? I'm not being sarcastic. I was born southern baptist and this is what they teach. Of course I'm following the teachings to there logical conclusion.

Seems to me it's a very offensive concept that I'm sure seems ridiculous to any decent human being..... But it's cannon!

Call me crazy but if it's offensive then Christianity should fix or rethink it, not get mad at those who point it out.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wombatta

Well played. See the thought that Christianity has misinterpreted the bibles teachings and it's just yahoos spouting garbage makes sense.... Not you guys..... The priests and preachers that teach it.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

ArtemisE

I'm 32. I'm pretty sure ,according to main stream Christianity , that if you don't know Jesus when you die you go to hell.

I'm pretty sure some where it says that ignorence is no excuse. Meaning that those who never heard of god, still go to hell.

There are babies that die in infancy that are born to all religions. So how do they not burn in hell? Where's the "disclaimer" saying babies get a free pass.

But the righteousness that is by faith says: "Do not say in your heart, 'Who will ascend into heaven?'" (that is, to bring Christ down)
"or 'Who will descend into the deep?'" (that is, to bring Christ up from the dead). biblehub.com...

We can not know who goes where. God explicitly says this repeatedly. God is the only judge.

I don't know if you are being sarcastic or if no one ever taught you, or if no one ever taught you correctly, but reading for yourself will clear up a lot of what you don't understand. First you have to want to know, and you have to ask God to show you the truth. Without doing that, you will never understand anything.

A "disclaimer" is unnecessary because reality is not subjective and the fate of souls is not your business. If you had a personal relationship with God, you would not worry about legalistic thoughts because God is not bound to rules.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Yes.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Right here...

Matthew 19:14
But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

And Hell doesn't exist... at least not as Christians believe it does

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Matthew 19:14
New International Version (NIV)
14 Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”

www.biblegateway.com...:14

There is a lot in the Bible showing that children are innocent in God's eyes. He tells us to become like children.

Hell does exist but there are not a lot of specifics on it, just general descriptions, but one specific we have is that if you are sent there to await the Lake of Fire (2nd death), you will be in want of just one drop of water to cool your tongue.

But, you are free to believe what you want. It won't change reality.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Dude there are soo many problems with the whole concept of hell, not to mention it does not mesh with a loving creator...

Now if one believes in the OT god I can completely see how that person can believe in hell...

Though if one believes in a loving merciful God, hell is just incompatible...

There is no "reality" to hell... Its a myth used though out the ages to scare people into conversion...

The church plays on our innate fear of the unknown...

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I'd say that counts as a disclaimer. Not in a bad way, in a good way! Unless he was only talking to Jewish children or something and I'm not saying he was..... Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Hell is real.

Anyways, there are known known, known unknowns, and unknown unknown. You should worry about the unknown unknowns, because you don't know what you don't know, and what you do know isn't much.

Maybe you should try asking God, who is real, instead of pretending everything is man made conceptualization of ideas. God is not limited to words on paper. He inspired them.

The church, idk which church. There is more than one man made church. Since you said "the church," you can only be referring to God's church, which is the only church there is one of - and has no label.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   

You are being legalistic in thought. He is talking about the innocence of children. He tells us to become like children, and tells us that the least among us is the greatest. He does not need to give a disclaimer.

You should develop a personal relationship with God. You wouldn't worry about things like this if you had one.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:12 AM
link   

FreeWillAnomaly
reply to post by Akragon

Hell is real.

Anyways, there are known known, known unknowns, and unknown unknown. You should worry about the unknown unknowns, because you don't know what you don't know, and what you do know isn't much.

Maybe you should try asking God, who is real, instead of pretending everything is man made conceptualization of ideas. God is not limited to words on paper. He inspired them.

The church, idk which church. There is more than one man made church. Since you said "the church," you can only be referring to God's church, which is the only church there is one of - and has no label.

Sigh.... oh boy

Hell isn't real... You can say its real as much as you like, it doesn't change the fact that its a myth created by the church to promote fear, which is used as a conversion tactic...

And by church, I meant Christianity in general... OF which there are many different flavors...

And by the way I know God isn't limited to words on paper... Christianity is the religion that limited God to a book...

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   

I'm sorry I find it foolish to give my self to anyone without answering these type questions first. I wouldn't follow a diety first then find out he's not worth following. I'd rather make sure his moral center is something worth achieving.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

ArtemisE

I hope that the following information can bring peace and hope to your heart and soul.

The Catechism offers also the "hope that there is a way of salvation for children who have died without baptism" (CCC 1261). We can rest assured that whatever plan God has established for infants who die without baptism, it is more just, more merciful, and more loving than whatever we may imagine, not less.

Just so you know that the Magisterium does not teach that only Catholics can go to heaven. Catholics do NOT believe that formal membership in the Catholic Church is an absolute requirement for salvation.

Overall if people live a good life, full of charity and acts of kindness, then God will forgive them for a lack of faith.

Referencing excerpts from the Catechism of the Catholic Church (aka CCC)

CCC: 843 The Catholic Church recognizes in other religions that search, among shadows and images, for the God who is unknown yet near since he gives life and breath and all things and wants all men to be saved. Thus, the Church considers all goodness and truth found in these religions as "a preparation for the Gospel and given by him who enlightens all men that they may at length have life."

CCC: 847 This affirmation is not aimed at those who, through no fault of their own, do not know Christ and his Church: Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Akragon

Dude there are soo many problems with the whole concept of hell, not to mention it does not mesh with a loving creator...

Now if one believes in the OT god I can completely see how that person can believe in hell...

Though if one believes in a loving merciful God, hell is just incompatible...

There is no "reality" to hell... Its a myth used though out the ages to scare people into conversion...

The church plays on our innate fear of the unknown...

Dude, you like to quote Jesus. He said some things about hell, judgment and destruction.

Again this is just another example of you putting out totally false information. You are a disinfo agent.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join