It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Camp Hero (as in Montauk Project) Satellite Image

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I went searching for Camp Hero as I used to live nearby and had heard all the Montauk Project stuff and thought it would be cool to check out. Definately a weird place. Still waiting for some FOIA requests about it to come back (after 6 months! all I asked was, what goes on there today, if anything... guess they're busy in the FOIA offices at the pentagon).

Anyway, I sure wish I had a satellite map at the time before I went hunting for it, would have saved me and my friend some time. But for those who care to take a peek, keyhole has some good imagery of it at:

Lat: 41.062282
Long: -71.873868

you can see the radar dome, oddly located access roads, secondary buildings, the coastal pillboxes, all kinds of stuff. i'd post this on the keyhole bbs, but i'm only using the trial version so far! and to think none of this is even listed as government property on any official map!

EDIT: for those who don't know, keyhole is a sat-imagery app google bought recently. this is not an ad or endorsement of the app, but it is an easy way to find a cool satellite image of camp hero. and no, i can't paste the image, because keyhole doesnt let you export.

EDIT: took a screenshot:

If anyone has any more imagery of this site please feel free to post!

-koji K.

[edit on 23-11-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Cool man, I've always like sattelite imagery. Do they have pic of other days, as there has always been spectulation that the dish moves from time to time. I would like to go up there at some point. -Muzz

posted on Nov, 24 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Go to William one Sac's website. He and another former mod (who's banned now) went into Camp Hero on numerous excursions.

www.subversiveelement.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2004 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Awesome picture, here's a few more:

One-meter image of the same area from April 08, 1994:

from terraserver

A little closer on the dish:

from Keyhole

General area in case anyone else wants to look (I almost made myself sick trying to fly around in Keyhole).

also Keyhole

Link to a 16 meter image of the general area, it's somewhat pointless as you can't really make much out.
archive.spaceimaging.com...

EDIT - format and grammarization

[edit on 11/29/04 by para]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I finally got my FOIA request back. Basically, it's 40 pages of information about how and when they moved personnel out of Camp Hero in the late 80s and 90s. Not much new or suspicious info in the documents, I'm afraid. Until 1980, it was manned by the 21st Air Division. The documents were classified under CINCAD OPLAN 3150, and declassified in 2000 following a review. They are excerpts from the "History of the Twenty-First NORAD/ADCOM Region Air Division, 1 July 1980 - 30 September 1980. They were classified "SECRET" and are now unclassified. I will try to post them once I get them scanned. The cease operations date for Montauk was "directly dependent upon the Suffolk, NY, FAA site activation projected for 1 June 1980," which would imply that whatever was going on officially at Camp Hero was subsumed by this FAA facility.

I also have a neat, detailed map of the Camp Hero facility I found, oddly enough, at a golf course nearby. This is odd, since on official maps, the base does not exist and is considered public grounds.

-koji K.

[edit on 22-9-2005 by koji_K]

[edit on 22-9-2005 by koji_K]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Cool. The second photo seems to be a definate geometric symbol to view from above. Sorry, if that seems weird but in my business (hobby) we look for the different.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I Noticed u like the satellite stuff, so i come bearing gifts! search google with the search name "Google Earth" and theres a program there which has a complete globe which can zoom in on any part of the world, with varying degrees of accuracy (no point in having loads of bandwidth spare for a forest eh?
) anyway. Area 51 is visible on ther, and i could even see my home pretty well so its very good! well worth a look! broadbands strongly advised however, enjoy!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by koji_K

thats srange they said personnel were moved out in the late 80's and 90's all the research i have found said the base was shut down in 1969 weird,

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by ronin2510
reply to post by koji_K

thats srange they said personnel were moved out in the late 80's and 90's all the research i have found said the base was shut down in 1969 weird,

Offically the base closed they said in the late 60's. But the guys claimed too that there where still armed guards in the 70's protecting the base.

But they claim today its just underground, so they do not need gurads, but if you go there there still is security personal on a public park, very weird.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I agree it is weird, i found a very interesting article on dans hampton.com dated may 8th 2009 about the dish moving heres the web add www.danshamptons.com... check it out very interesting,let me know what you think.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: koji_K

Did you ever post these documents? I'm late to the game and just found this thread, but I'd be very interested in reading what they have to say, as I was about to put in a similar FOIA myself.

top topics

join