It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Reasons Why Obama Should Be The One Eating His Words About The $831 Billion Stimulus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Four reasons why Obama should be the one eating his words.

In a speech marking the five-year anniversary of the so-called “stimulus plan,” Barack Obama said Tuesday that his plan has succeeded, his critics were proven wrong, and “have had to eat those words.”

Obama also claimed that his bailout of the auto industry and his “investment” [taxpayer dollars] in “green energy” initiatives have been major successes.

Major successes? More like major failures... The company that was invested in for solar panels was a failure, and it didn't take long... (Sorry I can't remember the name of the company). Tax money well spent...

“Anybody who had dire predictions for the auto industry and said, ‘We couldn’t do it. Manufacturers couldn’t bring jobs back to America.’ Every time they say that, they are proven wrong.

Anybody who says we can’t compete when it comes to clean energy technologies like solar and wind, they have had to eat those words.”

Eat your own words Obama, just once admit you're wrong and made mistakes...

Let’s do a bit of fact-checking, shall we?
1.The auto bailout cost American taxpayers $10 billion, which General Motors CEO Dan Akerson says GM should not have to pay back.

2.80% of Obama’s $20.5 billion government-insured Department of Energy green energy loans were funneled to Obama’s top campaign donors, such as George Kaiser, owner of the now defunct Solyndra.

3.According to data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), a record 91,808,000 people did not participate in the labor force in December.

4.While the unemployment rate for January fell to 6.6%, it was nearly 40% higher than Obama’s “stimulus” target of 4.8%. [Real unemployment, which includes those who have stopped looking for jobs, is much, much higher.]

*shakes head*

-SAP-
edit on 19-2-2014 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

The so-called stimulus was printing money so the corporates can maintain their profits. It's rank Fascism. In some cases, this money got diverted to smaller endeavors and in some cases individuals pilfered the cash and walked away rich. Ferrari had a banner year in 2013.

It all reeks of cronyism and corporate welfare. So you have what amounts to theft, fraud and racketeering. Maybe mistakes were made, maybe not. POTUS of any creed can't admit mistakes. The citizens themselves are to blame for this feature.

So on the partisan side of things, what could be worse than cronyism and corruption? Cronyism and corruption with one hand and scapegoating the poor with the other.

It's a morally bankrupt system and needs to be wiped clean. It's immoral and it's not even working. The two party system in the US is a charade.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

I understand all that. But the biggest thing for me is that this is tax payers dollars that are going to failures and billions of dollars being wasted. The deficit is crazy high and is only going to get worse...

Then taking tax payer dollars to bail out fat cat corps is just stupid. Sure jobs would be lost if companies file bankruptcy or close their doors, but that's business. How many small businesses close everyday who don't get bailed out?

Just a stupid failed system of government we have.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

SloAnPainful

Major successes? More like major failures...

Cloward-Piven.

It was/is successful.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Strategy for the poor? More like strategy for the rich.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I heard that lying bastard on the radio this morning, talking about how his EO regarding the trucking industry was going to save money and be good for the economy.

If there is a cost effective way to make trucks more fuel efficient, wouldn't the trucking companies have installed the technology already??? Yay, we get a govt mandate to spend more money that isn't there to begin with.... guess who pays? The consumer. We have a screw the consumer government.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   
While it is great fun to play the blame with partisan party politics, I mean every knows who the president is so he make a good figure head and acts as a scapegoat for both parties lawmakers. I think we would do much better to blame our corporate owned politicians and our broken system of bribery err umm lobbying for the state of our country.

Really we have the best Government the 1% can buy!

It's time to wake up and smell the coffee!
edit on 19-2-2014 by AlaskanDad because: No strike through so I used italics and bold to make my point.

edit on 19-2-2014 by AlaskanDad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AlaskanDad

I'm blaming him simply because he's responsible for it. If you commit a crime you are responsible and should take the blame. This is no different in my opinion.

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Like I said it is fun to blame the President, but they are just taking the blame for following their owners / those who own the lobbyist orders. Both parties lawmakers are creating these problems if not why did our economy crash under Bush and why was no one charged with the crime of torture? Because both parties know how the President is their scapegoat or sacrificial lamb, leaving the congress critters with much less hate focused on them.

Campaign finance reform is a much better place to put your energy if you want to see a meaningful change in our Government. imho

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Anybody who says we can’t compete when it comes to clean energy technologies like solar and wind, they have had to eat those words.”

That was damn right hiliarious considering:

The Chinese auto conglomerate Wanxiang Group has bought electric automaker Fisker Automotive, marking the second time they snatched up a failed green firm that received taxpayer dollars. Read more: dailycaller.com...

dailycaller.com...

And Obama didn't 'save' the auto industry he save the UAW union.

That doesn't know the first thing about being 'compettitive'.

Lot more reasons Obama should eat his own words, but hey we know he doesn't acknowledge his massive shortcomings.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
How can you hold Obama responsible for anything he says? He only reads the teleprompter. He doesn't write the words,,,

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

...and he doesn't even read it that well...

-SAP-

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

Anyone who bought into this or still does is a fool. If they really wanted to help out the American people we would have seen a massive rise in infrastructure projects like putting all the electric cables underground or upgrading the transportation system.

It is all a lie......All of it. Both sides left and right are fools. I wonder how many people will finally see the truth when the dollar finally goes away.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

SubTruth

If they really wanted to help out the American people we would have seen a massive rise in infrastructure projects like putting all the electric cables underground or upgrading the transportation system.

That is still Keynesian Economics, and has failed everywhere it was tried.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Anyone who bought into this or still does is a fool. If they really wanted to help out the American people we would have seen a massive rise in infrastructure projects like putting all the electric cables underground or upgrading the transportation system.

I am so sick of hearing that.

Why ?

To bail out the unions again?

Pretty damn hard to find construction outfits that aren't heavily unionized, and that especially rings true for 'government' projects.

Not everyone in this country is a construction worker.

Besides I wonder if people ever noticed that wise the rise of social engineering programs 'infrastructure' has fell by the way side.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out there is not enough money to go around, and something had to give.

People wanted stuff like 'free heath care' ,' 'Free education' , 'Free homes' which takes money from 'infrastructure'.

And where does the money come from ?

Rob from people in other states who will never see any benefit what so ever?

Where the most concentrated populations will see the most benefit, and leave the lesser area's left blowing in the wind.

I don't know how many times I have to say this, but infrastructure are local,state issues.

They always have been.

That is why property taxes,toll road taxes, gas taxes, and lotteries is suppose to pay for, but they aren't they are paying for other things some people deemed to be 'more important'.

People need to learn they can't have everything they want.
edit on 19-2-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

neo96And Obama didn't 'save' the auto industry he save the UAW union.

To be fair the UAW would sooner let American auto industry fold than lose their position, so in a way he did save the industry.

new topics

top topics

join