It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen if gays are allowed to marry?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Arrr long story short. Freedom of speech. I dont approve of gay marriage. If god wanted gays and lesbians he wouldn't of botherd of creating the human race.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by poweref

It is clearly, only logical tought. Heterosexuality is main reason why we talk today. Nature did not told us to do it, we are created for that purpose, to reproduce like everything else.

All evidence points to homosexuality being innate and not something that is taught. Concern over dwindling populations is unfounded. In fact, the population is projected to increase so much within the next 100 years we might even have too many people on Earth [6-16 billion is the projection]. Check out my older thread:

Acceptance of homosexuality leads to excitinction

Homosexuality can be learned

I'm am still waiting on you linking a source for your claim it's proven homosexuality can be "cured". If I ask for a source for this claim as well would it be futile?

you can be manipulated by mass media, movies.

So why are you, and the rest of the anti-gay group, not manipulated? Do you not watch the media and movies?

Put 1000 kids with heterosexuals, and only like 0.5% will become homosexuals.

You realize of course that most homosexuals had straight parents and straight siblings, correct?

You can guess that there are literally tens of thousands of mans, that dream and imagine that they give birth to baby.

You mean straight and gay men dreaming they were women? Not following.

So they fight for their rights, because they know now technology can give them what they want.

FIrst off why are you isolating men? Lesbians are also homosexual. Anyways, yeah people use technology to aid in reproduction. So? Are you arguing the use of technology is inherently bad? I would find that amusing since you would be doing so from a computer. The pinnacle of technology.

And that leads us to people that want to have for example horns

It's good enough for Harry Potter, it's good enough for me.

Everybody figth for their right to be "free"?

How dare they.
edit on 23-2-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Abavs
reply to post by n00bUK

Arrr long story short. Freedom of speech. I dont approve of gay marriage. If god wanted gays and lesbians he wouldn't of botherd of creating the human race.

Arr short story expanded, can you please show me exactly where in the bible it says God created the human race, but didnt want gays.

Oh that's right, it doesn't. It Just says that he created Adam and poor old Adam looked lonely and needed a helper so he took a rib from him and created eve. (BTW it's a medical fact that it's a myth that women have one more rib than men)

Here, read for yourself;

18 The LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” 19 Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals. But for Adam no suitable helper was found. 21 So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

The story goes on to say that because Eve was created from Adam's flesh that's why she is called Woman and that is why she must marry a man. It says nothing about men marrying men and women marrying women.

In fact the first mention of homosexuality comes along later in the bible, suggesting that if we follow the creation line of thinking, gayness was a little 'surprise' God hadn't thought of.

edit on 23-2-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:38 AM
link   

markosity1973

Abavs
reply to post by n00bUK

Arr short story expanded, can you please show me exactly where in the bible it says God created the human race, but didnt want gays.

Oh that's right, it doesn't. It Just says that he created Adam and poor old Adam looked lonely and needed a helper so he took a rib from him and created eve. (BTW it's a medical fact that it's a myth that women have one more rib than men)

Here, read for yourself;

18 The LORD God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.” 19 Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. 20 So the man gave names to all the livestock, the birds in the sky and all the wild animals. But for Adam no suitable helper was found. 21 So the LORD God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the LORD God made a woman from the rib he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.

The story goes on to say that because Eve was created from Adam's flesh that's why she is called Woman and that is why she must marry a man. It says nothing about men marrying men and women marrying women.

In fact the first mention of homosexuality comes along later in the bible, suggesting that if we follow the creation line of thinking, gayness was a little 'surprise' God hadn't thought of.

edit on 23-2-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

Well if god had created two adams. We would not be here today. Imagine that, to adams in the garden of edan. Even thoe I do not submit myself to the religious BS of the churches. At the end of the day. It takes a negative + a positive to make a balanced equation. A baby negative or positive. Look at every species of animal, insect, and what not. There is always a male and female or a mafrodite if you are a snail. If god wanted men to populate with other man then there would be no sence in there being a female species. And the males would not look the way they do with there position of there bits. Listion I can argue all night as I have spent the past decade understanding gays and questioning and reserching how they fit into gods plan. They dont. Full stop. You can argue with me all you want, the bottom line is They dont. For any species to move forward there needs to be a male and female. "Males thing with there dic" witch is a physical attribute. females think with there heart. Witch is an emotional attribute. When the two come together you have balanced the equation of negitive and positive. 2 negatives dont balanced the equation nor do 2 positives

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

God created gay people if god created all reality.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Abavs

God created gay people if god created all reality.
I agree that god created gay people but not in the way most people think. Its like saying god created mental illness. Hormone manipulation through chemical imbalancedment created gay people. Its not a gay persons fault that they are gay.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

Its not a gay persons fault that they are gay.

Agreed.

Are you suggesting they should be punished for something that is not their fault?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Abavs

Its not a gay persons fault that they are gay.

Agreed.

Are you suggesting they should be punished for something that is not their fault?
No. Why punish them. They are a human being and at the end of the day they have just as much right as you or me to be living. They deserve equal opportunity and equal acceptance in society just like people with mental illness or homless people.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Abavs
No. Why punish them. They are a human being and at the end of the day they have just as much right as you or me to be living. They deserve equal opportunity and equal acceptance in society just like people with mental illness or homless people.

This we agree upon. However, comparing us to mentally ill folk is an awkward comparison because we are neither ill nor impaired in any way that would stop us from leading a normal life. In fact, from my own personal experience, it is possible to live a very happy and fulfilled one.

All we want is acceptance and equal rights. You are entitled to your opinion on what God thinks, but we have to live out this life here on earth, not heaven.
edit on 24-2-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

Okay

But the consensus among the professionals in the health organizations don't agree it's a mental disease or mental disorder.

That's an empirical fact.

Are you stating this on professional knowledge yourself?

And if so, can you post it?

Or is it entirely scriptural in nature?

In which case I would still like to see it

edit on 24-2-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

"Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made." John 1:3

Now shfu once and for all about what "god thinks" pls, ironically I am not doubting Gods word here, religion is.

If you are going to throw a book at someone at least make sure they've not read it and you have.

I am a female regardless of whether I am gay or not. As a female I *can* reproduce, and I have and I did so and women *have* been doing so, without needing to screw a man for literally AGES now! Get over it! Its also not just about how you have the baby and hasn't been for a long time, its what you do as a parent that matters most to the life of a child. In that role you dont need particular or set sexual orientation...you do need a brain and a good heart, patience and the capacity to learn, guide and love....things that are not 'heterosexual' or 'homosexual' at all they are HUMAN qualities which, by the state of our worlds kids...is sorely lacking in ANY form.

edit on 24-2-2014 by Rosha because: sudden onset typonese

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Lucid, I chose you!

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by poweref

All evidence points to homosexuality being innate and not something that is taught. Concern over dwindling populations is unfounded. In fact, the population is projected to increase so much within the next 100 years we might even have too many people on Earth [6-16 billion is the projection].

Who says what? It is unproven fact that there exists pro-gay agenda, and that they will use any weapon, like in any war, like lie, to support their claims with "scientific researches". Well, while there is researches that says gay is not bad, there are still much more relevant and more serious researches that prove differently. And why is that kept outside of public eyes? Dunno, why is Hollywood pro-gay? It is agenda. From very top. Selfish oriented agenda that built enormous wealth and political power from this situation.

There are percentage of naturally born gay people, but thats constant. Problem is when that number raises, and when gay community wants to show how that number is much bigger. On surface there is all truth, but below surface, gay agenda is build on pure lie and deception.

I'm am still waiting on you linking a source for your claim it's proven homosexuality can be "cured". If I ask for a source for this claim as well would it be futile?

Google yourself, Im not walking link library. Got to many more important things to hold attention for, the last thing i keep record on are researches about how gay community is full of psychical and mental illness, and stuff like that. So I do not feel I need to prove anything. You are those type of guys that I can post anything and then you will again ignore problem and draw atentation to irrelevant things like - prove that to me. There is no proof my boy, there is only logic, life and life experience. If you are gown up man gay, your world is full of lies. You lie to yourself. Deep rooted lie - not surface lie. On surface you are really nice, bellow surface is unsecurity, then lies to yourself to keep you guarded.

So why are you, and the rest of the anti-gay group, not manipulated? Do you not watch the media and movies?

Sure I do. But I say that we should stop producing horror movies, violence movies. I would ban movies like Django - half or holywood movies are pure evil in its root. People lie that this is not evil, but on surface, they just have fun and adrenaline. So yes, I do not like movies that propagate things I think are not good, like violence or how gay should be equally accepted as heterosexuals.

You realize of course that most homosexuals had straight parents and straight siblings, correct?

Yes, I mentioned that there are percentage - constant. I also claim that gay community want to present that number much bigger than it really is.

You mean straight and gay men dreaming they were women? Not following.

No. They dream that they give birth to baby AS MAN. Yes they will go on some operations to implant whatever they need, but yes in the end they will give birth to babies. Because thats their "freedom".

FIrst off why are you isolating men? Lesbians are also homosexual. Anyways, yeah people use technology to aid in reproduction. So? Are you arguing the use of technology is inherently bad? I would find that amusing since you would be doing so from a computer. The pinnacle of technology.

Because gay agenda is mostly man rooted, man developed. You can argue that, but I do not see point. I do not think using SOME SORF OF TECHNOLOGY is bad. I just do not approve any method to be used, just because it is possible. Why? Because people want things that are not good, or cannot see all consequences.

How dare they.

Most likely, they do not care. Rooted in selfishness.
edit on 24-2-2014 by poweref because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

markosity1973
reply to post by poweref

Hmmm, when I participate in Christian threads, I hear complaints from atheists about this site being pro religion and they want religious threads banned. It tends to be an antagonistic tactic people use when they come across a thread that is fill of like minded thinkers that a member strongly disagrees with.

You are right. Well it is for me hard to say is this pro Christian forum or not. I believe, you would find much more gay supporters, than Christian religion supporters here. Who knows, but to say in other words, I believe pro gay is today much more trend, then to be anything else like religion like.

So I do not have proof, but I bet, that if there is a pool here, there would be like 90% of people support gay marriages, and like only 50% would support this being as pro Christian forum. I believe my point still stands strong, in regards to your argument.

I think you will find ATS is an unbiased medium beyond it's standard terms and conditions that apply to every single member. If gay threads offend you, don't participate. Why make yourself unhappy over something that's none of your business anyway?

Urge to fix the world. Why they fight to change it?

As for all of your other opinions on homosexuality, you are entitled to your own opinion, such is the gift that comes with freedom. However, you may at times (as do all of us) find that your opinion is out of step with everyone else. So long as those opinions are within the sites terms and conditions, then you should not be offended, as no two people will ever agree on every single thing ever.

It is hard to agree on this point, since it is only one way to say 2+2 is not 4. To lie. I strongly believe, that we can believe in truth, and that it can be found between two different beings like you and me. We can agree on things, if we accept truth.

Your argument assumes that anyone can be right about anything. I simply say that is not truth.

There is lots of evidence that i have posted in thread after thread that refutes every single thing you have to say about homosexuality, but I'm not going to waste my time putting it all here because I'm pretty sure you don't want to listen and learn anyway.

I hope that life is kind to you and you find fulfillment in whatever you choose to do, but please understand we gay people are here through no fault of our own and we will continue down the path toward societal acceptance. We do this so the coming generations won't have to suffer the horrific consequences of just being ourselves that some of us have endured

That sounds like gay is something invented in 21. century. Gay is nothing new. World knows about you almost everything it needs through last couple of millenias.

You are not fighting for acceptance. You are accepted. Now, you are fighting for completely new rules. You want that man marry man, and woman marry woman. As my concern, it is the same as marrying dog or puppet. You wont produce offspring naturally, but with technology, even your plastic puppet will give birth.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by poweref

See this is were it needs to stop. Man to marry man and female to marry female.this can be accepted. See once you push this further. Men is to marry dog. Female is marry horse. She male to marry cat, gender confused mafrodite to marry its self. Before you know it marriage will no longer be a sacred bond issued by the church under the hand if god. It will be issued by the government like a license. And once thats been abused marriage will be no more and it will be a legal arrangement between two people / animal that they are obligated to fill or else get fined and sued for not living up to the obligation and criteria of there arrangements. Buy then animals will have human stds and people will have animal viruses through there body fluids that can be extremely fatal to humans.

edit on 24-2-2014 by Abavs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

Well I'm sure a sheep wouldn't give me the grief I get off our lass when I go out on the lash for a few days or forget our anniversary or something like that.
Divorce would be cheaper.
But then again, I'd have to cook me own tea and Sunday dinner.

Come on, you honestly don't believe that, do you?

A slight aside; Why is this in the Political Rivalry Forum now?

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Freeborn
reply to post by Abavs

Well I'm sure a sheep wouldn't give me the grief I get off our lass when I go out on the lash for a few days or forget our anniversary or something like that.
Divorce would be cheaper.
But then again, I'd have to cook me own tea and Sunday dinner.

Come on, you honestly don't believe that, do you?

A slight aside; Why is this in the Political Rivalry Forum now?
becuase the majority of gay people get married by someone appointed by the state. Or somewhere where there is someone who has the right to marry them. Up until a few years ago No Catholics priests would marry two people of the same sex in a catholic church with a full service and communion. Not to mention all the government crap you have to go through now just to get married in a church.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

Cause of the influence the different governments have on the vatican now. The governments would look abit hypocritical if it anounced equal rights and services to all but gay people can not get married. Nor have a kid.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

Whats really gonna spark up soon will be the taxing issue.
In Australia now you dont even have to be married. Just in a defacto relationship.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by poweref

It is unproven fact that there exists pro-gay agenda

Freudian slip?

Well, while there is researches that says gay is not bad, there are still much more relevant and more serious researches that prove differently.

Much more? So it should be easy to share a few sources with us.

There are percentage of naturally born gay people, but thats constant. Problem is when that number raises, and when gay community wants to show

So let me get this straight. The 'gay agenda' controls the government, yet gay marriage is only legal in 17 out of 50 States?

You didn't answer my question. If this 'gay agenda' converts people with movies and media then why are you not affected? Because you're cognizant of the process? If so that means you can give us a movie that converts people to a different orientation. Share one.

You are those type of guys that I can post anything and then you will again ignore problem and draw atentation to irrelevant things like - prove that to me.

You're right. I am one of those annoying types that asks for proof. You're one of those types that forms firm believes without it.

There is no proof my boy, there is only logic, life and life experience.

Oh I see. Well what about all the life experience in this thread that says you're wrong?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join