It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen if gays are allowed to marry?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by poweref

Hmmm, when I participate in Christian threads, I hear complaints from atheists about this site being pro religion and they want religious threads banned. It tends to be an antagonistic tactic people use when they come across a thread that is fill of like minded thinkers that a member strongly disagrees with.

I think you will find ATS is an unbiased medium beyond it's standard terms and conditions that apply to every single member. If gay threads offend you, don't participate. Why make yourself unhappy over something that's none of your business anyway?

As for all of your other opinions on homosexuality, you are entitled to your own opinion, such is the gift that comes with freedom. However, you may at times (as do all of us) find that your opinion is out of step with everyone else. So long as those opinions are within the sites terms and conditions, then you should not be offended, as no two people will ever agree on every single thing ever.

There is lots of evidence that i have posted in thread after thread that refutes every single thing you have to say about homosexuality, but I'm not going to waste my time putting it all here because I'm pretty sure you don't want to listen and learn anyway.

I hope that life is kind to you and you find fulfillment in whatever you choose to do, but please understand we gay people are here through no fault of our own and we will continue down the path toward societal acceptance. We do this so the coming generations won't have to suffer the horrific consequences of just being ourselves that some of us have endured

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

i mean we are not all Seahorses now are we?

But some of us can dream!

edit on 22-2-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by Curious69

But calling it a red herring is again just typical

It is a red herring. It's not my issue if you don't understand that.

Please argue against the notion that being gay is a

No. I didn't bring up this. I never said I was interested in it. It's not on topic. It's your rant and demand. I was merely addressing one aspect of your post. Such is my freedom.

its a biological flaw of some kind wich cant be cured.

Im happy to let you live a free quiet life knowing that you wont spawn a second generation from your gene pool.

Just playing devils advocate. Couldn't care less, eh? lol!… Your true colors are showing.

As I said already I am bisexual. That and gay people can and do reproduce. You need to hit the books, son.

All easy non answers to my questions. are you politician?
And gays can reproduce now? very interresting! i guess its all "natural"
edit on 22-2-2014 by Curious69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   

A debate has two sides, this is true.

The whole argument point in this particular debate is that nothing bad is going to happen if we legalize gay marriage. As a gay person, I believe that my existence has been marginalized for far too long. Its not something that started with my generation, but we have fought for our acceptance in society and our goal is simply to be accepted as part of the natural diversity of humanity.

I see no need for any basic shift in morality. A man will still love a woman, children well still need a safe environment to grow up in, bestiality will still be wrong etc etc.

All we are promoting is two loving adults having the same rights as everyone else to the term marriage and all the associated pros and cons that come with it.
edit on 22-2-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

All easy non answers to my questions. are you politician?

I just checked. 3 unanswered questions were posed to you from me prior to me not answering yours.

*scribbles something about hypocrisy in his notebook*

And gays can reproduce now? very interresting!

Not now. Always. Gay people still have reproductive organs, and they use them for reproduction.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Well i cant respond im thread drifting? so forget about this forum im out. damn hippocrites.
You can delete my account, this forum is not for discussion i guess.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

link   

Curious69
reply to post by n00bUK

link   

Curious69

Curious69
reply to post by n00bUK

So # you ATS!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Farewell and safe travels.

reply to post by markosity1973

I see no need for any basic shift in morality.

Exactly. Neither do I. I think some people need to be shown how moral principles they believe in apply here, but I don't think that's a shift. Just extending its application.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Exactly. I think the biggest fear that everyone has is the fear of the unknown, which is what the OP's little pie chart seeks to address in a brilliant blend of humor and actual fact.

People tend to forget that we gay people are already here and we always have been. I'm not for selling my sexuality as a lifestyle alternative to a wife and kids. Nor am I here to bring down the overall morality of society.

What I am here for its to say "hey, i'm part of a group of people who wants to participate in the same things everyone else has the right to"

In allowing gay marriage, I believe it will enable people like myself and others who are like minded to stand up and in the gay community and set an example fire the next generation to aspire to. Permanent and socially accepted relationships that are equally valued is our goal. This is so that gay folk can get on with living life instead of feeling like that they are trapped on a hedonistic merry go round where we live like there is no tomorrow because society doesn't want us around.

edit on 22-2-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Thx for trolling and drowning my posts, and then report me You sad mofo.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Curious69

thebtheb

Curious69

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by robobbob

8) number of homosexual/bisexuals will increase

So people can be persuaded into a different orientation?

You're a person. Then you can be persuaded into homosexuality/bisexuality.

What's your breaking point? How convincing does the gay person need to be to convert you?

Have you ever heard of peer pressure? When something becomes the norm or the most loud and outspoken group suddenly becomes
to be the gay community, im sure it can make some people jump on that culture just to fit in.
Besides MANY MANY actors and musicians are open gay, and make every gesture available to make sure that you know.
Those "Stars" are your royalty and you look up to them and want to be like them, so its very possible that a non homo can become one
just by curiosity and the need to fit in a popular grouping.
People can get weak and do wierd things, like jump off a bridge.

Fact: 99.9999999% of heterosexual people will NEVER be disuaded from being straight. In the vague possibility that anyone could be, then yes, that person could probably also be persuaded to jump off a bridge, or join a religious cult, or a whole host of other things, thus I would say that person's problem would have little to do with homosexuality, and more to do with having other, far worse problems. I mean, simply by your reasoning, most gay people shouldn't even BE gay, since they were surrounded by straight people, straight peers, and were CERTAINLY feeling pressure to conform, yet they were gay despite all this. Therefore, it's pretty well impossible that any striaght person will ever become gay. That is a ridiculous notion, and you really need to see that. At least you're being honest though about what you think - you really ARE afraid that people will become gay just because others are allowed to be. I thought people who believed that were an urban legend.

No im not afraid of the possibility! i dont really care if you are gay or not, im just reacting to gay assumptions. and you are right my reasoning that non gays could be peer pressured to be gay are flawed. but not impossible.
So how many hundred years do you think that we need to confront your gay parades, you sad insecure you.

Pffff, you sad insecure you? Look in mirrors much?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Darth_Prime
reply to post by poweref

Why isn't Heterosexuality a Mental Illness? Because Nature told you? Religion Told you? you must be quite the person to condemn all of us Homosexuals as nothing but Mental Disorders, i mean you must rank high in the Humanity department..

I don't recall anyone arguing the point that men should have the children? i mean we are not all Seahorses now are we? i also don't know how Gay Marriage will lead to technology to Men having Children...

Hell on Earth.. Yasss hunty Death by Rainbows!!

It is clearly, only logical tought. Heterosexuality is main reason why we talk today. Nature did not told us to do it, we are created for that purpose, to reproduce like everything else. You do not need religion or science do conclude this by yourself. Homosexuality can be learned, you can be manipulated by mass media, movies. Put 1000 kids with heterosexuals, and only like 0.5% will become homosexuals. The same way put 1000 kids with homosexuals, and you will get A LOT MORE than 0.5% newly freshly created gay community.

Im glad we agree at this point. But to see my point, you only need to look at what peoples want. You can guess that there are literally tens of thousands of mans, that dream and imagine that they give birth to baby. With 6 billion people, thats even low number. So they fight for their rights, because they know now technology can give them what they want.

And that leads us to people that want to have for example horns, tails, 3 legs or 4 arms. Where that leads us? Everybody figth for their right to be "free"?

edit on 23-2-2014 by poweref because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I don't get it. What's the big circle for? It looks like a graph but it don't really come out that way.

Also they forgot that if gay people get married. God's going to get pissed off and destroy the world. This seems pretty significant and I'm surprised they left it out.

I know you say it don't belong in the joke forum, but maybe you're wrong.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

okyouwin

Also they forgot that if gay people get married. God's going to get pissed off and destroy the world. This seems pretty significant and I'm surprised they left it out.

If you think a bunch of gay people getting married is the only thing on this planet that upsets God to the point he is gonna zap the planet with his death ray or whatever, you need a reality check. The 90% minimum of the world that is straight creates enough mayhem of their own to offend him I think you will find.
edit on 23-2-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Curious69

Well i cant respond im thread drifting? so forget about this forum im out. damn hippocrites.
You can delete my account, this forum is not for discussion i guess.

Is this a cyber-mental-break-down?

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

poweref

Im glad we agree at this point. But to see my point, you only need to look at what peoples want. You can guess that there are literally tens of thousands of mans, that dream and imagine that they give birth to baby. With 6 billion people, thats even low number. So they fight for their rights, because they know now technology can give them what they want.

What on earth do you mean by this? How is this even related to gay marriage? Do you honestly think that becaue gay men want to get married, the next step is that they are going to try and defy nature by getting pregnant? I'm beginning to think it is you who has the mental illness now.

And that leads us to people that want to have for example horns, tails, 3 legs or 4 arms. Where that leads us? Everybody figth for their right to be "free"?

It's at this point you lose all credibility. What you are talking about is birth deformities here and what they have to do with gay marriage is beyond me.

Maybe you are talking genetic engineering of the human species. Once again, what does this have to do with gay marriage? The connection you are attempting to make is absurd as suggesting that if we allow cats and dogs to have passports that they will learn to talk in human language.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join