It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen if gays are allowed to marry?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Oh dear, someone is being a debbie downer in this thread

To you and those that think like you I ask this;

I'm already with my guy, not many people interact with me socially, and we tend to stick to ourselves and a few close friends. We have no kids and have no intention if ever having any, so really how will me marrying him affect you when i'm already invisible to you?

I contribute to society in my own way and I only wish good things for everyone in their journey in this life.

Why then do you wish to deny me equality, when all I want to do is really not your business anyway? After all whether you are married our not doesn't affect me in any way so why would my martial status and the gender of my spouse affect you?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by robobbob

8) number of homosexual/bisexuals will increase

So people can be persuaded into a different orientation?

You're a person. Then you can be persuaded into homosexuality/bisexuality.

What's your breaking point? How convincing does the gay person need to be to convert you?

snickering....biting tongue very very hard....

more snickering.

Ro

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
My comment was deleted, so I will repeat again.

I understand that this forum is pro-gay, and that 80% of the people here are sheep's, but they think they are aware of some special things.

Gay marriage is sick because it is mental illness. It can be cured, and that fact is proven. But hey, you need to prove me wrong ha, not some real stuff evidence?

About gays having kids - thats even bigger disaster. Yes with technology man will give birth to babies, or they will use surogates.

But I ask you one important question. Is that really worth it?

Just because some selfish man, really insecure and unhappy, wants to work against nature and for example try to give birth to baby? So that is mental illness. I want to marry horse because im mentaly ill, or I fall in love with rock, or grandma, or my friend.

So there is no limit.
It is hell on earth.

lITERALLY HELL ON EARTH. eVERYBODY DO WHATEVER THEY LIKE. Im a man and i can give birth to babies, that means that i can do much much worse things that that. I can have horns, tail, I can have super ultra cool piercing, tatoos all over my body, i want to have 5 legs, 4 arms, i want one more eye.

Thats everything because I want, I love, I deserve. I, I, I, I must have the same right as anyone else!

I want that horns on my kids head!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by poweref

I understand that this forum is pro-gay

Oh there is plenty like you on ATS.

Gay marriage is sick because it is mental illness.

Homosexuality you mean? According to you, or who? Because the professional consensus from health organizations is that it's not.

It can be cured, and that fact is proven.

Source?

About gays having kids - thats even bigger disaster.

Ship has sailed. There are already plenty of people who were raised by gay parents and turned out as well as the next.

But I ask you one important question. Is that really worth it?

What? Starting a family? Most seem to cherish it.

Just because some selfish man, really insecure and unhappy,

Do you have a particular gay man in mind? Or do you proclaim to know all gay men are selfish, unhappy, and insecure?

wants to work against nature

Against nature? Homosexuality exists in nature. Not just in us but in other mammals.

or I fall in love with rock

Seems like a compatible match.

So there is no limit.

How about we limit it to consenting adults. The human kind.

I can have horns, tail, I can have super ultra cool piercing, tatoos all over my body, i want to have 5 legs, 4 arms, i want one more eye.

That does sound pretty awesome.
edit on 22-2-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy

I can have horns, tail, I can have super ultra cool piercing, tatoos all over my body, i want to have 5 legs, 4 arms, i want one more eye.

That does sound pretty awesome.

In short words, that's why is it mental illness to seek such things. You are unhappy and unsecure with who you are, so you create imaginary world where tech can give you what nature did not. Your only reason comes from selfish I. There is nothing from that, that will benefit any other living being. That action is self-centered only. Your whole world is just you.

So it is cool to have horns and tails, but that does not mean it is good. Consequences are indeed disastrous. Because some people wants rights, that will change whole reality, not just for them, but for all people. I just ask you is this really moral thing to ask for? You know that pedophiles will fight for their rights next. I mean, you can get kids permission you know? It is all about selfishness, and who has money to unnatural stuff.

So thats why your points makes no sense.
edit on 22-2-2014 by poweref because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

n00bUK
Since my thread got deleted last week, I'll keep my opinions to my self and just sharer this picture instead

This doesn't belong in the joke section neither, so don't be putting it there please.

Anybody else agree with the picture, or care to explain why the picture is wrong?

news.stv.tv...

Europe is SO ahead....
..USA needs to catch up..

In my view.
Live and let live for ANYONE against this..
Live your own life

Respects

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Maxatoria
The only downside to gay marriage is that divorce lawyers will get even richer when things go wrong

Statistics show Gay people stay together longer..

Google is AMAZING

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

markosity1973
Oh dear, someone is being a debbie downer in this thread

To you and those that think like you I ask this;

I'm already with my guy, not many people interact with me socially, and we tend to stick to ourselves and a few close friends. We have no kids and have no intention if ever having any, so really how will me marrying him affect you when i'm already invisible to you?

I contribute to society in my own way and I only wish good things for everyone in their journey in this life.

Why then do you wish to deny me equality, when all I want to do is really not your business anyway? After all whether you are married our not doesn't affect me in any way so why would my martial status and the gender of my spouse affect you?

This is all true. But this hornets nest of a post got started by a pro gay.
And the poster asked a question?
Are we discussing here or just padding each others backs?
I could have easely chosen to be on the pro gay side. but the posters pie chart was a provocation and badly presented,
so i opted to be on the arguing side here.

It seems like gays are fundamentalists, they only accept their own pseudo sceince explanations.
Example! Animals sometimes have "sex" with the same gender, so it must be natural to be gay, according to gay theory.
While it could be argued that only male animals do this,not females! and its more likely to be a dominating behavior than for sexual pleasure or passion/love.

Please gays show me a lesbian animal! or even a male animal penetrating another male animal?

And while this animal behaviour is accepted by gays and directly transferred to explain their own sexual behaviour.
Those same gay's fail to accept beastiality, or even answer when presented with a fair argument.
Example! If a dog humps my leg, I should be able to hump it back. It did the invitation and i just accepted its natural behaviour!

Please gays explain the difference!

In my daily life i interact with and accept gay's like any other i meet. They/you get the same amount of respect that i show heteros.
But for arguments sake i take the opposite stand, and like i pointed out in previous posts i find a solid amount of hippocracy among
gays, and the same could be said about heteros.
We are all human, and thus not flawless.
And im sorry that you and your spouse have to hide! But you must be very visually gay for people to know/care, or just have some insecurities
that only some doctor or time will cure.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious69

....But this hornets nest of a post got started by a pro gay.....

Its not about being 'pro gay' - I'm neither 'pro' nor 'anti' gay - its about treating people as equals and as human beings.
Its as simple as that, nothing hard about it at all.

Life will go on no matter what.
Regardless of anything people will still fall in love. Some will get married, some won't. Some of them will have children, some won't. Some will get divorced, some won't. The world will keep turning and you will continue to live your life completely unaffected by any of it.

Where's the big deal?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Freeborn

....But this hornets nest of a post got started by a pro gay.....

Its not about being 'pro gay' - I'm neither 'pro' nor 'anti' gay - its about treating people as equals and as human beings.
Its as simple as that, nothing hard about it at all.

Life will go on no matter what.
Regardless of anything people will still fall in love. Some will get married, some won't. Some of them will have children, some won't. Some will get divorced, some won't. The world will keep turning and you will continue to live your life completely unaffected by any of it.

Where's the big deal?

No big deal as i see it! Im just having a argument. Im neither pro or anti.
But the post was started,and it was not started by me! I ask again is this a bag padding forum or a discussion forum?
Is this agree or be silent? Whats even the point of this you think?
Oh and thanks for not answering my 2 easy questions! i know that tactic from somewhere.
edit on 22-2-2014 by Curious69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

But the post was started,and it was not started by me! I ask again is this a bag padding forum or a discussion forum?

So you're saying you are just playing Devils Advocate, or put another way just arguing for the sake of arguing?

Nothing wrong with that, I know I've done it before on here.....but I've been open and up front about it. (not that I'm saying you aren't being open, I'm just trying to establish your motivation, nothing sinister).

There's plenty of people here on ATS who'll argue the 'anti' gay propaganda out of sincere belief.

Seems to me far too many people just want to impose their own moral code and outlook on everyone else - something I will always try to oppose.
Live and let live may be a cliché but it sits well with me.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Freeborn

So you're saying you are just playing Devils Advocate, or put another way just arguing for the sake of arguing?

Nothing wrong with that, I know I've done it before on here.....but I've been open and up front about it. (not that I'm saying you aren't being open, I'm just trying to establish your motivation, nothing sinister).

There's plenty of people here on ATS who'll argue the 'anti' gay propaganda out of sincere belief.

Seems to me far too many people just want to impose their own moral code and outlook on everyone else - something I will always try to oppose.
Live and let live may be a cliché but it sits well with me.

You got me right sir! Im simply playing the devils advocate here.
Earlier in my life i had a discust for the fysical aspect of two men being intimate,Now i could not care less.
But i find the gay community's Biological explanation to gayness to be flawed or at best of double standards, referring to my dog humping leg
and no lesbian animals argument.
I just find the argument and reasoning interresting!
And i do my very best to live by the "live and let live" codec wich is simple and beauty.
But the original post has no merit if its not open to discussion.
Its the posts that tries to draw a higher entity in to the equation that you should fight.
My questions are pure bio(logical).
Have a nice day.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by poweref

You are unhappy and unsecure with who you are, so you create imaginary world where tech can give you what nature did not. Your only reason comes from selfish I.

Like dyeing my hair various colors? Nature didn't give me that. Nature didn't give me a dental crown either.

There is nothing from that, that will benefit any other living being.

I didn't realize every single personal action had to benefit any other living being.

That action is self-centered only. Your whole world is just you.

Wanting everyone else to conform to how you think they should live their lives is selfish.

I just ask you is this really moral thing to ask for?

For equality? Yes.

I asked you a few questions. It's courteous to respond to at least some before asking more yourself.

You know that pedophiles will fight for their rights next.

Okay. If they do we as a society will deliberate on their argument. I cannot imagine the public mind being swayed on that one! You realize gay marriage is victimless right? Interracial marriage was fully legal in the States by 1967… did that lead to legalizing marriage to kids, goats, or trees?

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

And while this animal behaviour is accepted by gays and directly transferred to explain their own sexual behaviour.
Those same gay's fail to accept beastiality, or even answer when presented with a fair argument.
Example! If a dog humps my leg, I should be able to hump it back. It did the invitation and i just accepted its natural behaviour!

Red herring.

The opponents are constantly using the term 'unnatural'. As in not in nature!

So we return with examples of it being in nature via animals aka natural.

The question was not is everything natural good or acceptable. Therefore our response with it being natural should not be taken to mean we are saying everything in nature should be permissible for people to do.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Lucid Lunacy

Red herring.

The opponents are constantly using the term 'unnatural'. As in not in nature!

So we return with examples of it being in nature via animals aka natural.

The question was not is everything natural good or acceptable. Therefore our response with it being natural should not be taken to mean we are saying everything in nature should be permissible for people to do.

But its not even proveable in nature and you still use that argument time after time. and to dismiss the lesbian or bestiality argument
in the same breath is just Doublestandards being used.
But i do understand that you dont want to discuss it because you cant bring a good case, But calling it a red herring is again just typical
and your one line responses are getting a bit boring and predictable.
Please argue against the notion that being gay is a revolutionairy dead end and can be compared to be albino in the animal kingdom
its a biological flaw of some kind wich cant be cured.
Im happy to let you live a free quiet life knowing that you wont spawn a second generation from your gene pool.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by poweref

Why isn't Heterosexuality a Mental Illness? Because Nature told you? Religion Told you? you must be quite the person to condemn all of us Homosexuals as nothing but Mental Disorders, i mean you must rank high in the Humanity department..

I don't recall anyone arguing the point that men should have the children? i mean we are not all Seahorses now are we? i also don't know how Gay Marriage will lead to technology to Men having Children...

Hell on Earth.. Yasss hunty Death by Rainbows!!

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Clearly, the world as we know it, will cease to function. Just like the world ended when black people started playing baseball in the national league (we, I just watched "42"), and women got the vote, and of course, when the calendar went from 1999 to 2000.
So, run up your credit, start an affair, go kill your boss. It's all over.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

But calling it a red herring is again just typical

It is a red herring. It's not my issue if you don't understand that.

Please argue against the notion that being gay is a

No. I didn't bring up this. I never said I was interested in it. It's not on topic. It's your rant and demand. I was merely addressing one aspect of your post. Such is my freedom.

its a biological flaw of some kind wich cant be cured.

Im happy to let you live a free quiet life knowing that you wont spawn a second generation from your gene pool.

Just playing devils advocate. Couldn't care less, eh? lol!… Your true colors are showing.

As I said already I am bisexual. That and gay people can and do reproduce. You need to hit the books, son.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join