It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen if gays are allowed to marry?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The true meaning of marriage... "This woman is my property for breeding"... Husband, from the word husbandry = cultivation, and breeding of crops and animals.
The problem with a lot of marriages Gay or Straight is that people rush into it too soon, it seems like a good idea at the time, and over a spell the magic wanes and you realize youve married an idiot.
As for gay being unnatural... for crying out loud, what does that make of the animal kingdom, plenty of species practice homosexuality...none of them bust their balls to earn money to give to a muppet who uses that to kill others in another country. which to me is way more unnatural.
Please, dont quote the bible for moral standards, that book has more plot holes and contradictions than most hollywood blockbusters.
A book endorsed by a cult that buggers innocent kids because it is so poorly written and twisted through interpretations through the century's that it makes no sense at all.
Personally I cant see the logic of someone wanting to get married via a system that condemns them... there must be a better and wholesome solution.
But mankind is too f**ked up with damaged ideals of provocation than searching for harmonious solutions.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This is my most favourite infographic of all. It CLEARLY illustrates how nothing at all would happen, and all of the pearl clutching in the world isn't going to change that.

One ought to be more concerned with their own life, rather than trying to dictate the validity of the rights of others.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   

edit on 20-2-2014 by dreamingawake because: adding more...

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I think any marriage should be a personal commitment to the person you love and no one, not government or religion should have any involvement with regards to the union. "Lifestyles of the rich and famous"...Two dogs got married! Granted, the union was set in motion by very wealthy Hollywood pet owners but the pooches were flown to an island and married. (I guess if you force me I'll find a link) Nothing changed when the canines swapped vows...Legally! If gay's were allowed to marry it would Pee off some but judging by the replies to this thread, I think there is way more tolerance to the idea leading me to wonder the source of the issue in the general flow of things. If I were gay or wanted to marry my pet, I'd just go out in the back forty and with consent of the two parties involved...PRESTO!...We're married! Granted, getting your bride cat's consent may be an issue but nothing an endless supply of Tuna wouldn't fix. If gays were allowed to marry (Presuming you've watched "The Bird Cage") I think you'd have happy productive gay couples playing the game of life like everyone else but they would now have the same rights as any other married couple and this I have no problem with. We have to get to a place where we can scream from the rooftop that all people are valid in the grand scheme of things....But I'm ramblin...

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Gay marriage is not a privilege, it's a fundamental right.

A privilege is something like "not", having to pay taxes...you know, just like the church doesn't have to.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Ironclad2000
reply to post by n00bUK

Gay marriage is not a privilege, it's a fundamental right.

A privilege is something like "not", having to pay taxes...you know, just like the church doesn't have to.

This is the thing, its been so wrapped up with bull# that when the government stick their #ing noses out, people will give them praises - Like 'allowing' them to marry shows how the political system is moving with the times. Yet in reality, it shows how backwards it is really because this should never be an argument. It involves two people, not the whole #ing state .

Thank you everybody for contributing, obviously its hard to reply to everybody sorry

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
It's been really heart-healing to hear most of the responses here...thank you Ats'ers...these past few days I've been toe to toe with some very challenging people, dealing with some incredibly difficult issues and uneducated people. If I hear the word 'allow' as regards other people claiming the rights to "allow" me my human rights one more time, I think I will literally scream. So it has been *very* good to see simple reason at work here, as hard as it has been to keep standing up and hard to not thump before thinking too. Coming here to see the response has also lifted my spirits, maybe there is hope after all.
I did find this ( link attached) in my travels, for anyone in the same position or anyone who really does want to deny ignorance.....it's an excellent article for self education for people who are gay as well . It's not about marriage which I hope wont get this post deleted, it is on another and more difficult issue being thrown around - the issue of homosexuality and pedophilia. This writer goes through each "scientific" study currently being banded about, looks at their methods, exposes their flaws, and makes very good sense to me...so in the spirit of educate yourself' before trying educate others..here it is : Facts about homosexuality and child molestation and I found it very good reading.

Again, ty...this thread has been a case of 'perfect timing' for one old hag anyway.

Ro
edit on 20-2-2014 by Rosha because: typos and clarity

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Just by calling any union something specifically different is a form of division.
It is all about choice.
Just because I like apples and oranges, even bananas I cant really be classed as an "apple eater" etc.
It is pretty much the same thing. Woman man whoever whatever.

It is very obvious that same genders become attracted to each other and this is because we are all half male/female.
When balanced there is not much difference between the two although it takes different polarities to create life.
Not everyone wants to create new life for their experience.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Stormdancer777
reply to post by Unity_99

I don't see how that makes you promiscuous, you can be faithful to a live in partner if you want to be.

Being the hidden alternative life style group out there, without conventional credo's, or expectations, such as marriage, such as monogomy, alters ones perspective enormously. If you have to live hiding who you are from family and friends and employees, in order to live equal to others, then you really don't value the norms around you, all these normal checks and balances that most live under, fly open. Because you are living this black market life in a society that is so corrupt it treats its own like this, its own family and in the open they are subject to hate and death and scarsity and punishments and beatings and put downs, world wide. So the world is wrong. And that means all that challenges normal ethics is right to them, and in spades. Its normal pyschology. This is what your teen, even if they're not gay, but if they are put down continually and harmed repeatedly due to some physical condition, will reject in spades the world around them. But if they're fairly cerebral, they may simply be alternative philosopher and even grow their light more after alot of pain. Some may commit suicide however, and any parent who isn't paying attention to their childrens self esteem and if their core being damaged, shame on them. Though again, its not always possible to notice some of what is happening under the hood, so certainly some isn't parents fault. There are cases where some really neglect the inner beings of their children however.

In this case, unlike the handicapped child, who normally, not always, has family understanding, many gays have none. They have to live a lie.

When they reject societal values, such as marriage, monogamy, relationships, its in spades. And yet they have their own groups, that understand each other and accept each other, much like some of the druggy groups in my town, that some we knew, were involved in that were toxic in family and home relationships, they would sell out their own family but be loyal to the end for these thugs because they all accepted and understood each other.

Acceptance, belonging and understanding is powerful influence.

They live on the fringe, no marriage possible, no commitments of long term, in the open, not living a lie, possible, at least for many.

So amongst their own groups, they tend to reject monogamy and live free-er.

This to me is basic psychology, and was born knowning pyschology. I was never homophobic, though the natural response to having someone making a pass at me was very homophobic, have to say. We are hardwired to not be open our own sex doing that overall, but at the same time, I do understand what is going on for many of them.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   

What will happen if gays are allowed to marry?

They'll be happy. Until some aren't and they get a divorce.
Religious folks will be unhappy. But life will go on and they'll have to deal with it.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

That's actually a pretty honest and accurate summation.

As for the divorce thing, until heterosexual marriages manage a100% success rate, I don't think that the straight community had any right to take the high moral ground on that issue either.

I know there are plenty of vultures sitting out there waiting for the first round of gay divorces so they can condemn gay marriage as a failed dream.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
If the gays are allowed to get married then all we have to look forward to are sunrises, sunsets, and more sunrises... Oh, and s### loads of rainbows...

edit on 20-2-2014 by PollyPeptide because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
nothing absolutley nothing except it will keep more people in jobs

we have more to worry about than a couple of happy gay people out there

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Unity_99

Stormdancer777
reply to post by Unity_99

I don't see how that makes you promiscuous, you can be faithful to a live in partner if you want to be.

Being the hidden alternative life style group out there, without conventional credo's, or expectations, such as marriage, such as monogomy, alters ones perspective enormously. If you have to live hiding who you are from family and friends and employees, in order to live equal to others, then you really don't value the norms around you, all these normal checks and balances that most live under, fly open. Because you are living this black market life in a society that is so corrupt it treats its own like this, its own family and in the open they are subject to hate and death and scarsity and punishments and beatings and put downs, world wide. So the world is wrong. And that means all that challenges normal ethics is right to them, and in spades. Its normal pyschology. This is what your teen, even if they're not gay, but if they are put down continually and harmed repeatedly due to some physical condition, will reject in spades the world around them. But if they're fairly cerebral, they may simply be alternative philosopher and even grow their light more after alot of pain. Some may commit suicide however, and any parent who isn't paying attention to their childrens self esteem and if their core being damaged, shame on them. Though again, its not always possible to notice some of what is happening under the hood, so certainly some isn't parents fault. There are cases where some really neglect the inner beings of their children however.

In this case, unlike the handicapped child, who normally, not always, has family understanding, many gays have none. They have to live a lie.

When they reject societal values, such as marriage, monogamy, relationships, its in spades. And yet they have their own groups, that understand each other and accept each other, much like some of the druggy groups in my town, that some we knew, were involved in that were toxic in family and home relationships, they would sell out their own family but be loyal to the end for these thugs because they all accepted and understood each other.

Acceptance, belonging and understanding is powerful influence.

They live on the fringe, no marriage possible, no commitments of long term, in the open, not living a lie, possible, at least for many.

So amongst their own groups, they tend to reject monogamy and live free-er.

This to me is basic psychology, and was born knowning pyschology. I was never homophobic, though the natural response to having someone making a pass at me was very homophobic, have to say. We are hardwired to not be open our own sex doing that overall, but at the same time, I do understand what is going on for many of them.

I'm gay, and I agree with some of this to a point, but certainly not all of it. First of all, I wouldn't look at it as "living on the fringes" or totally outcast. I've never felt that way and I've never hidden it. And I've never had any problems with anyone around me rejecting me etc., not in family, friends, jobs or life. So to me, it's not so much outcast, it's more the idea that you grow up with the idea that you're outside of the general rules, the general rules being getting married and having kids. You're already doing something that most people don't do and wouldn't do by being gay, so you make your own rules. There is NO manual like everyone else grows up with.

But that's about as far as it goes. The rest has a lot to do with whether you're a male gay or a female gay. First of all, gays have always sought love and have always been attracted to relationships, like anyone would. They form unions. In fact, gays sought more unions/relationship than promiscuity decades ago than they do now, and certainly 100 or 150 years ago, they were even more apt to seek relationships above all else.

But even today, and in the 70s, the heyday of gay promiscuity, lesbians have never been nearly as promiscuous as gay men. Why? Because men are horny and much more insistent on having sex than females are. Yes, that's a sweeping generalization. Of course women are horny and want to have sex, but their nature is to wait it out more often, to not be as visually cued to have sex as men are, etc. So lesbians have always been more apt to be in relationships and avoid promiscuity. Gay males on the other hand have a male sex drive, so when you pair two or more of them, it's like a bunch of kids in a candy store. There's no one saying, "Oh wait, this is only the second date...."

Why are there only gay men bathhouses and no lesbian ones? Hell, why are there no straight bathhouses. And for anyone unfamiliar with the phenomenon, a gay bathhouse is where you goes, you pays yer money, you get a room or a locker, and you walk around in a towel searching for partners to have sex with. They DID try to open a straight bathhouse in my city about 15 years ago, so that men and women could do this same thing....They had to close it down after just a few months because...only men showed up!

There's really not much hiding going on these days, but still enough gay male promiscuity. It's quite easy actually: Men are pigs. The problem with this whole setup for gay males is that they DO want love, but it takes them awhile to find it sometimes because their own sex drives distract them.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

AndyMayhew
reply to post by n00bUK

Ever since gays were allowed to marry in Britain we've had weather! And some football teams have beaten better football teams. And people have continued to eat chicken tikka massala. And some of my socks have gone missing ......

:O

I actually don't agree with gay marriage any more than I agree with a lot of hetrosexual marriage - it no longer has any more meaning than getting a henna tattoo or a fiscus plant or going to Ibiza for a week. But that's a whole different kettle of very big worms .....

This is what I always say! When people ask me what I think of gay marriage, my answer is, "It's better to ask me what I think of ANY marriage!" Not a hell of a lot!

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   

ObservingYou
As a side note:

Certain States in AMerica are teaching about gay/transgendered sex & Life style.. even down to cross dressing.

Saw it in the news the other day, that state in question hadn't sought parental permission.

Yes, they're teaching ABOUT it, about what it is, why it happens, not "go out and do this yourself."

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Honestly I think there should be some yellow in that picture, and quite a bit. It will become a part of the sex ed course. If it's not allowed to be done quietly then a few "gays" will call it discrimination and demand equal representation in the course.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The Armageddon, of course....

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

1) as married couples, they will become qualified for more civil rights protections.
2) businesses will have to serve them whether they want to or not
3) eventually, churches will be forced to preform ceremonies
4) they will be allowed to adopt children
5) they will qualify for insurance, inheritance and benefits rights
6) there will be greater apathy, if not acceptance to that sexuality
7) breakdown of traditional families will accelerate
8) number of homosexual/bisexuals will increase
9) sexual barriers will breakdown, leading to general collapse of all moral codes. polygamy, pedophilia, bestiality will increase
hate away:
1 to 6 are a done deal in the UK. "zoophile" themed brothels are available in Germany.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by robobbob

1) as married couples, they will become qualified for more civil rights protections.
2) businesses will have to serve them whether they want to or not
3) eventually, churches will be forced to preform ceremonies
4) they will be allowed to adopt children
5) they will qualify for insurance, inheritance and benefits rights

Surely none of this is a bad thing?

6) there will be greater apathy, if not acceptance to that sexuality

Apathy is probably one of the biggest problems we have in society as a whole, not sure how this will make much difference.
7) breakdown of traditional families will accelerate

8) number of homosexual/bisexuals will increase

Why?
People ar either gay or they aren't, its not a lifestyle choice.

9) sexual barriers will breakdown, leading to general collapse of all moral codes. polygamy, pedophilia, bestiality will increase

People are far too hung up about sex, got no problem with sexual barriers breaking down.

There's a been a general decline in 'moral codes' for some time now. I think the causes run far deeper and are far more complicated than you seem to suggest. Some of it has been for the best, some of the 'decline' most certainly hasn't been for the best.

What's the problem with polygamy if all concerned are consenting adults?
How will legalising gay marriages directly influence that?

Society as a whole is far too lenient in its attitude to paedophilia. It is considered one of the most repugnant crimes by the vast majority of the general public. Can't see that ever being legalised or condoned in any legal capacity whatsoever.
Again, how will legal gay marriages affect that?

Bestiality.
That is a massive leap.

hate away:

You can see the irony in that, can't you?

1 to 6 are a done deal in the UK.

Is that really a problem?

"zoophile" themed brothels are available in Germany.

Germany is most definitely not the UK - can you honestly see the Mary Whitehouse brigade allowing such a thing to happen?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join