It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen if gays are allowed to marry?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
(post by poweref removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   

poweref
That is sick. It is mental illness. It is the same as you marry your grandpa, or grandma. Or dog, or cat.

Man and wife = marriage.

Thats for those super uber stupid that may forget how nature really works, and how we came to be.

Says who though...where are you getting this definition of marriage? Editing to add that most people are heterosexual and that our species will propagate despite gay marriage. So that's not really a worry. So if there are a few of us out of the Billions of people on earth that are gay or would like the same rights as heterosexual couples, who are we to judge and say no you are not worthwhile.
edit on 19-2-2014 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Why start a thread on a subject matter that has been happening all over the world? I don't see anything happening around the world except in Russia where gay bashing has heavily increased when the anti-gay law was passed.

The question is, will other countries follow the lead of Russia Federation in making anti-gay laws? Probably not many, but the gay pride movement has been increasing its power over time.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
A topic as this should never have to be debated, and voted on and include politicians and religious leaders. as Humans we deserve Equal Rights. it shouldn't be everyone except the Homosexuals because Gay marriage is "Evil" or "Sinful" it's not a "Religious Debate" or a "Liberal Versus Conservative" debate. It's a Human Rights Issue that should be Free to everyone

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

poweref
That is sick. It is mental illness. It is the same as you marry your grandpa, or grandma. Or dog, or cat.

Man and wife = marriage.

Thats for those super uber stupid that may forget how nature really works, and how we came to be.

Homosexuality is not the same as incest or bestiality how can people even make this comparison?

Man and woman = marriage not man and wife. If she is a wife then she is already married do you support bigamy?

Homosexuality happens in nature anyone that has had dogs or cats has seen this.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Gays will get married, that's what will happen. Who cares. The rest of humanity shouldn't have to share a single person/groups vision of marriage.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

n00bUK
Since my thread got deleted last week, I'll keep my opinions to my self and just sharer this picture instead

This doesn't belong in the joke section neither, so don't be putting it there please.

Anybody else agree with the picture, or care to explain why the picture is wrong?

I couldnt care if care gay people are allowed to get married. Maybe they should be. I dont give a damn.

The only thing i strongly disagree with is teaching children how to have gay sex. Wrong on all levels. Gay sex is not for kids. And should not let kids be exposed to it. Wrong!!

Like PUTIN said....."leave the kids out of it"
edit on 19-2-2014 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

That's the best laugh I have had today!!, all because it is (sometimes) true!

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by poweref

Last I checked the way nature works in most cases it the males have sex with as many females as possible while the females take care of the offspring. No marriage required. Is that how you actually want society to function? Because I'm sure you won't find many males complaining with you. Or by "nature" do you actually mean what the Bible tells you to believe?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Xcalibur254

Last I checked the way nature works in most cases it the males have sex with as many females as possible while the females take care of the offspring.

Not really. In nature promiscuity by both genders is the norm. Female birds for instance will jump from mate to mate mate over and over.

Raising the children varies wildly across species. Some fathers take all the burden, some mothers, some species share, others leave the offspring to fend for themselves and in tough times will kill and eat them.

Monogamy is an aberration in nature.

If we were to really behave as "nature intended" we'd see as much variety among humans as we do among other species. Some would be promiscuous or abandon their offspring while others would be monogamous and carefully raise their children.

Come to think of it, nothing would really change.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

If gays are allowed to marry they will become just as unhappy as many straight couples and the divorce rates for the USA will increase causing more divorce lawyers to become more wealthy. Other than that, nothing.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Ever since gays were allowed to marry in Britain we've had weather! And some football teams have beaten better football teams. And people have continued to eat chicken tikka massala. And some of my socks have gone missing ......

:O

I actually don't agree with gay marriage any more than I agree with a lot of hetrosexual marriage - it no longer has any more meaning than getting a henna tattoo or a fiscus plant or going to Ibiza for a week. But that's a whole different kettle of very big worms .....

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Xcalibur254
reply to post by poweref

Last I checked the way nature works in most cases it the males have sex with as many females as possible while the females take care of the offspring. No marriage required. Is that how you actually want society to function? Because I'm sure you won't find many males complaining with you. Or by "nature" do you actually mean what the Bible tells you to believe?

Perfect point.

To the carnal nature of man (in unison with how nature works) man would attempt to have sex with as many women as possible and the women would take care of the offspring on their own.

The Creator of mankind, had to institute marriage in order to change this way of naturally thinking into one capable of building a society based upon. The marriage union is spiritual, it exists outside of our natural thinking.

I would never claim to define that which was instituted by Almighty God; I subject my thoughts to God's will; never the thoughts of another individual mind.

Good thread.

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
gays will get married.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

amazing

If you're getting your moral guidance from the old testament, you're going down the wrong road. You can't cherry pick that stuff. If being gay is bad, then you have to believe in an eye for an eye and so on. right?

Sodomy is defined as bad (sin) in scripture. Orientation is not addressed specifically.

"Eye for an eye" is from Hammurabi's code not the old testament.

FWIW (though most likely very little based on your posting) Jesus Christ got his moral guidance from the Old Testament...

God Bless,

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
What will happen?

1. Gays will divorce.
2. We'll both be under asking permission of the Govt. for a legal contract of marriage. The Govt. shouldn't have the right to make me pay for a legal document to get married, and no gay should be looking at this thing like it's something to be desired.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Shadow Herder
Genetically same sex marriages are doomed from the start.

Since when did any marriage have anything to do with genetics? I was always under the impression it was mutual attraction and compatibility that made for a good marriage.

For many being gay is just being you and having sex with your partner. That gets old. Being gay for some is just sexual preference, what gets them 'off'.

Hmmm, tell that to my first boyfriend who has been with the guy he left me for for the last 20 years. Tell that to the couple I know that have been together for 40 years. Tell that to my Lesbian friend who has been with her partner for 8 years, tell that to me who has been with my partner for 8 years and have no intention of walking out over sexual boredom.

Sex waxes and wanes in steady gay relationships just like it does in straight ones. We don't spend out entire free time bonking our brains out or searching for the next guy to put on our list of conquests. This weekend I am taking the caravan away and going camping with my partner and our very spoiled cat for instance.

We do have regular interests you know...

traditional marriage goes beyond religion or tradition. Its genetically correct for a man and a women to become a union and the union is held together or worked towards not for show, or tax benefits but for the survival of the human race.

We have been over this argument in thread after thread after thread. What is your stance on infertile or old straight people marrying then? I think it is fair to say that the survival of the human race is under no threat whatsoever. In fact it could be argued that the human race is now starting to overpopulate the earth.

Who you fornicate with is your business. Personally I think people should keep there sexual preferences private. I dont care what gets you off.

So what you are basically saying is classic NIMBY syndrome (Not In My Back Yard) Thing is we gays are born and raised in your backyards. We come from perfectly normal families and we interact with them at family social gatherings.

You cant stop it, it always has been this way. Same sex has been around since the dawn of man, is it right? well no,

Who are you to pass judgement on if it is right or wrong? Walk a mile in my shoes and then tell me what you think.

Be yourself and not something you have seen

Coming out and having the courage to live the way you are is all about being yourself. Trust me, as a boy from a very conservative Catholic family raised in a rural district whom was extremely homophobic, being gay was not a choice or something I wanted to be for a start.
edit on 19-2-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   

ElohimJD

To the carnal nature of man (in unison with how nature works) man would attempt to have sex with as many women as possible and the women would take care of the offspring on their own.

The Creator of mankind, had to institute marriage in order to change this way of naturally thinking into one capable of building a society based upon. The marriage union is spiritual, it exists outside of our natural thinking.

In this argument you are making out that marriage is an order by God and that we have no choice in the matter i.e. we get married because we have to, not because we want to.

Gay people are looking for marriage because they want to be married. My brother married his beautiful wife because he wants to spend his life with her and start a family of his own.

Marriage is about free choice, not about being fenced in and being stopped from bonking the brains out of every attractive person you see. There are plenty of men who are behind the fence of marriage that still do that anyway........

I would never claim to define that which was instituted by Almighty God; I subject my thoughts to God's will; never the thoughts of another individual mind.

Gay marriages are the thought of many minds. If you read the bible you will see that God can be swayed by popular opinion. He gave the Israelites a king despite the fact he did not want to at the start because they badgered him so much for one for instance.

This is not a religious oriented thread, so I will not delve too deeply into the subject, but don't hide behind God's robe as an excuse to oppose gay marriage.
edit on 19-2-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by projectbane

The only thing i strongly disagree with is teaching children how to have gay sex. Wrong on all levels. Gay sex is not for kids. And should not let kids be exposed to it. Wrong!!

I would say teaching children how to have gay, hetero, or any variation thereof, is wrong…. I don't think straight sex is for kids either..

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Oh so to be happy together Gays have to take on the religious institution of marriage

So living defacto like the majority of people is not enough, they have to be religiously accepted

Roman Christians passed a law in the Theodosian Code in 342 AD to ban gay marriage. A marriage that was sanctioned by their own 'pagan' faith. So why did Christians have to mess with their religious institution of marriage?
edit on 19-2-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join