It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen if gays are allowed to marry?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
It's a slippery slope. A dangerous one.

^to add some humor. Sad people actually think that way.
It doesn't really effect anyone except those directly involved in the marriage.

edit on 19-2-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The mass media would have to find something else to put up in peoples face.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Genetically same sex marriages are doomed from the start.

Gay people can and do procreate. Being gay doesn't magically make your reproductive organs cease to function. Surrogate mothers and insemination. Not doomed at all.

For many being gay is just being you and having sex with your partner.

We are talking about millions and millions of people. It's more than a little silly to presume you know what all their relationships are like...

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

edit on 19-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Quite honestly, I don't believe marriage should be recognized by the state at all. No "perks" or benefits for being "married" to anyone. If two people want to promise their love and lives to eachother, I'm all for it, great. Do it. Do we really *need* to have a ceremony but more importantly, that certificate? I call bull#, if people truly love eachother a piece of paper isn't going to change anything. But now the state recognizes the union and grants them benefits?? "Oh, no one loves you? No breaks for you! *snickers*"

In all seriousness I realize marriage won't be ignored by the government in this system, just my 2 cents.

**Edit** Wanted to add this, my stance was sparked by the utter nonsense of "gay marriage" and many other debates (usually race, sexuality, pro-life) being thrown in the publics faces by the media. My desire is to make these things a non-point, but it's likely some other nonsense would overwhelm the minds of the masses. "Transhuman vs Humans" who knows the potential there.

Diversion and division is all it is.
edit on 19-2-2014 by Artanis667 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Hopefully they will live happily ever after... no one would then bother these pointless issues and I will breed unicorns.
I mean, come on, who is really bothered about these issues? The powers that be, the idiots who think they hold your moral compass, the control freaks with no direction, that who.
Were in the 21st century for crying out loud, why cant they just let Gay people get on with their lives and live it like anybody else.
The problem is the high and mighty cant separate the issue of being gay and (in their judgmental opinion) unnatural sexual practices, and try to drive it away with their unhealthy social engineering.
As it has turned out in the last couple of years the holders of our moral compass has turned out to be nothing more than a cesspit of corruption, torch bearers of everything they say we shouldn't do....scum.
We shouldn't be talking about the issue of Gay marriage at this time in our evolution...it should be a normal part of life.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

SLAYER69

edit on 19-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

No point my friend. There will always be people that think the Sun orbits the Earth.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

The answer to your picture with a picture

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I'll pop back to the thread later as I'm still at work, thank you everybody for contributing. Its always nice to be reminded of why I visit these boards

Funny how its a very different picture to what the media are portraying when you actually ask the public.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Gay marriage has been legal in my state for over a year now, and so far, no rain of frogs, cats and dogs are not shacking up, and straight people get married.

Gay marriage has not destroyed the sanctity of anyone's 4th marriage, and has not interfered with anyones hetero extramarital affair.

So far, so good.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Oh so to be happy together Gays have to take on the religious institution of marriage

So living defacto like the majority of people is not enough, they have to be religiously accepted

Do whatever
Lets pretend that marriage has no value and gays dont want marriage
Does marriage have any value in this day and age....seriously.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

People will be happy to live there own lives, without the government dictating what they should do..

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
They will get divorced just like everyone else. With nothing to hold them together (children, societal pressure) once the blush is off the proverbial rose, they will probably have a higher divorce rate than heterosexuals.

The initial feeling of "love" that drives people to marry is driven by a chemical called phenylethylamine which is chemically similar to amphetamines. After a time one MUST become habituated to it and therefore "feel" less in love. By that time societal pressures keep many heterosexuals together and they end up going through the inevitable cycles of feeling and not feeling the effects of phenylethylamine. If one always had phenylethylamine cursing through thier veins, the end result would probably be an early death. ALL couples go through this cycle regardless of sexual orientation. However, there is little to no pressure for homosexuals to remain together once they have lost that lovin feeling.

Therefore, I predict a much much higher divorce rate.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I'll tell you what will happen. Christians and other practitioners of the outdated Abrahamic religions will become outraged and wail in grief.

The rest of us will live our lives normally and the world will be a better place.

If you're getting your moral guidance from the old testament, you're going down the wrong road. You can't cherry pick that stuff. If being gay is bad, then you have to believe in an eye for an eye and so on. right?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Good things overall. Gays will get married, they will also get divorced, but they will live with some degree of dignity instead of living overall sexually permissive and not healthy life choices, because they're forced into fringe and reactions.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

The odd thing here is,in our state when the legalized gay marriage, apparently they didn't hear about it, because very few got married.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I don't see how that makes you promiscuous, you can be faithful to a live in partner if you want to be.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I was in a waiting room a few years ago and overheard a man and woman talking and I was SHOCKED by what they said.......
" it is a revolution and the gays are the most qualified to take over the WORLD"
I thought about there conversation and the discovery that male gays brains have a certain section that is swelled in size that It makes me think that this is a medical condition CAUSED BY SOY being added to the food supply in large amounts.This causes a hormone imbalance in males. Coupled with the amount of power HOLLYWOOD gives the gay writers I can see this IS A WAR on strait and Christian people period.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
But, but, but.... if gay people can get married then what will the people at Fox News have to obsess about? Their heads will explode!
(Pause) YEAH!

(post by FirePiston removed for political trolling and baiting)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join