It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen if gays are allowed to marry?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

religious idiots will blow a gasket

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

Anyone can call themselves "married." I've been "married" for 15 years as far as anyone in my society is concerned. It being government approved ™ wouldnt change how my peers, coworkers, strangers, whoever view us. Running through the DMV-esque hoops of officiating our love wouldnt validate any more. In fact it would detract heavily from our relationship. Nothings more romantic than paying a fee to Uncle Sam together for some I suppose.

All those other things are matters of probate and/or policy of end of life facilities. Easily gotten around without a government approved ™ union.
edit on 19-2-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

The heavens would split open, spewing forth fire and brimstone and damnation to all of mankind for....................................

.........................or then again.......maybe not........

As long as people's actions do not cause physical harm to others, who cares what anyone chooses to get up to?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I really don't understand the big deal being made out of gays being 'allowed' to marry.

Who cares?

And as has been pointed out, why should gays get away scot free, heterosexuals have to endure and suffer marriage so why shouldn't homosexuals?

An observation; seems like everyone who has commented in this thread can't see an issue with gay marriage - makes you wonder where all this supposed opposition to it is?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Nothing would happen....you can like it or not like it, either way it does not change anything. I don't really like the idea much but who am I to keep someone from being happy spending their life with a person they love? The list of "problems" we have in America has gay marriage way down on the list for me.

Divorce lawyers would have a whole new group of people to represent and if you married someone of your gender that is the same size you instantly double the size of your wardrobe!

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

thisguyrighthere
reply to post by Rosha

Anyone can call themselves "married." I've been "married" for 15 years as far as anyone in my society is concerned. It being government approved ™ wouldnt change how my peers, coworkers, strangers, whoever view us. Running through the DMV-esque hoops of officiating our love wouldnt validate any more. In fact it would detract heavily from our relationship. Nothings more romantic than paying a fee to Uncle Sam together for some I suppose.

All those other things are matters of probate and/or policy of end of life facilities. Easily gotten around without a government approved ™ union.
edit on 19-2-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

Not here to argue, done enough of this today...just to say this is your perspective and its not mine.
I dont want to live my life 'getting around' stuff like a criminal. and dont want these 'get arounds' to be an excuse government or people use, to deny me my basic human rights.

nite

Ro

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
As a side note:

Certain States in AMerica are teaching about gay/transgendered sex & Life style.. even down to cross dressing.

Saw it in the news the other day, that state in question hadn't sought parental permission.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:41 AM
link   
What will happen if gays are allowed to get married?

Well, the vast majority of us will sigh with relief and say "Thank god, now we can spend our time doing other things".

But then there will be a small group of people that are outraged! Unfortunately, that small group of people has a lot of money and are embedded into the American political system. They will use that money and influence to put pressure on politicians, mainly Christian Conservatives, and we will see them try to make gay marriage illegal once again.

That's what I think will happen.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

The same ideologues arguing against same sex marriage argued against interracial marriage. As always, they lie and exaggerate about the future results to try and get you to conform to their meme, which really has nothing to do with biological life or what's best for people.

Doesn't stop people from ignoring history and trying anew. Ever wonder why conservatives don't just give up? 100% of the time, they fail to stop the changes and the dire predictions are wrong.

It's the memes --they are alive.

What is a meme?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Kangaruex4Ewe
What will happen? They too, will come to know the joys of:

Divorce
Alimony
Marriage Penalty Tax
In-laws you can't get rid of easily
Having to remember another date... or else

You know... the same things that happen when straight people marry.

Hey! Don't be so negative. That's only like 50% of straight marriages! There is a solid 1/4 that just grow to despise each other.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'm actually starting to pity them....

Whose turn to do the dishes, cook, laundry. Which ones worse, leaving socks on the floor, toothpaste tube squished the wrong way. Leaving the toilet seat up....ummm wait.

Never mind.

edit on 19-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

edit on 19-2-2014 by magicrat because: (no reason given)

link   
I have been married for nearly 20 years, does anybody really think that will mean less to me if two men can get married? The way I have always viewed it is that gays were being denied the same rights as everyone else. Legal rights that is. Too many people view marriage has a religious contract, and in their eyes that may be true. But that does not change the fact that a preacher can marry you but it takes a judge to divorce you. that is a binding legal contract. Besides what can gays due to ruin the sanctity of marriage that heterosexuals haven't already done?

link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Sweetie I'm only mad that the chart wasn't the color we agreed on ( I SAID periwinkle!). You know I leave the seat up for you.

ETA Pick up your F$%*&ng socks you monster! The floor is not the basket. Breakfast at 7:00 lover.

edit on 1920140220141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ObservingYou

Teach kids to truly know, understand and respect themselves and you won't have an angry, disturbed adults.

Submit them to programming with various memes, such as religion or other tribalism, and you can take your chances. 20% of the time, the programming will fail and they will get messed up for decades or longer.

If religion is so great, why do you have to force indoctrinate kids anyway?

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   

InverseLookingGlass
reply to post by ObservingYou

Teach kids to truly know, understand and respect themselves and you won't have an angry, disturbed adults.

Agreed.

If religion is so great, why do you have to force indoctrinate kids anyway?

I dunno, we weren't discussing religion..

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Genetically same sex marriages are doomed from the start.

For many being gay is just being you and having sex with your partner. That gets old. Being gay for some is just sexual preference, what gets them 'off'.

traditional marriage goes beyond religion or tradition. Its genetically correct for a man and a women to become a union and the union is held together or worked towards not for show, or tax benefits but for the survival of the human race.

Who you fornicate with is your business. Personally I think people should keep there sexual preferences private. I dont care what gets you off.

You cant stop it, it always has been this way. Same sex has been around since the dawn of man, is it right? well no, but the human race is over populated so this could be natures way of slowing the reproduction rate.
Who knows.

Be yourself and not something you have seen.
edit on 19-2-2014 by Shadow Herder because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

lol,

What is funny was: I was going to type "gay people will get married" as my reply in jest to your OP question.

Then I saw the chart and you actual question, which is "do you agree with the chart" or "why do you not agree with it?"

I agree with the overall theme obviously from my desired response, however the choices in the chart are ridiculously worded to cause the response desired.

the real answer is that a percentage of our population will consider it a sign of the degeneration of society, and potential damage to the family unit building block of society. Others will embrace the change and view it as a progression in society and the opportunity for more families to take care of foster children. Still others will have a different unique response.

My point is the choices should not be either "they get married" or "WW3 breaks out"; surely readers can understand how ridiculous those choice are when compared to one another. So I agree in premise but disagree in the actual chart criteria in general.

Besides, the start of WW3 is not due to this action, their timings being so close to one another is purely coincidence...

God Bless,
edit on 19-2-2014 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Shadow Herder
For many being gay is just being you and having sex with your partner. That gets old. Being gay for some is just sexual preference, what gets them 'off'.

Being a heterosexual male I could vehemently argue the same thing about straight sex....

traditional marriage goes beyond religion or tradition. Its genetically correct for a man and a women to become a union and the union is held together or worked towards not for show, or tax benefits but for the survival of the human race.

No one here is denying what a "traditional marriage" should or shouldn't be but if one is denied the same rights simply based on their sexual preference then there is a problem and inequality and with regards to insurance, tax benefits etc all of which any other person would fight tooth and nail for if they were unjustly denied.

Who you fornicate with is your business. Personally I think people should keep there sexual preferences private. I dont care what gets you off.

The ring around someones finger silently signifies a commitment...
edit on 19-2-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Genetically same sex marriages are doomed from the start.

The success of a marriage doesn't have anything to do with offspring. There are plenty of men and women that get married and are infertile. They can go on to have very successful lasting relationships without children, or they can adopt, or they use a surrogate, or gather a group of gays to dance naked in the moonlight around a fire until another gay is born. Have to be careful the baby doesn't bite, lest you catch the gay.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join