Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

What will happen if gays are allowed to marry?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

Show me finger wave!

People tend to be blind to the fact that we are still Human it doesn't make me any less because of my Sexuality, but instead of seeing it as Human Rights Issues it turns into the "Liberal Gay Agenda"

or the "Gays Taking away our freedoms by forcing theirs" etc.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
I mentioned it before but in case some missed it. Roman Christians passed a law in 342 AD to ban gay marriage. So both homosexuality and gay marriage were in not so ancient Rome as well.
edit on 26-2-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

They also had a law in the Curia that if you stood to make a point , and were caught lying or couldn't make your point, your tackle was snipped off....publicly.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

I aint abusing anyone. I have no issue. Im just saying what if there were contributing factors we were not aware of ? Secondly you dont know me or my sexuality there for trying to say im a homophobe whould be pointless while not knowing witch way I swing.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Darth_Prime
reply to post by Rosha

Show me finger wave!

People tend to be blind to the fact that we are still Human it doesn't make me any less because of my Sexuality, but instead of seeing it as Human Rights Issues it turns into the "Liberal Gay Agenda"

or the "Gays Taking away our freedoms by forcing theirs" etc.
Exactly. We are human. To be human is to have the freedom to express and love with the soul and express with the heart.

And make mistakes.
edit on 28-2-2014 by Abavs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

As they say, to err is human. And we're all human, even us gay folk
edit on 28-2-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

markosity1973

So let me repeat, like you, maybe for the last time.

Your argument that JUST BECAUSE The American psychiatric society declassified homosexuality as a mental illness, is completely rubbish to me. What to I care what they say about this, when my point is that they are part of problem, and not in any way solution. Your argument destroys YOU in this way:

If The American psychiatric society again classified homosexuality as a mental illness, YOU WOULD NOT ACCEPT IT. So as you see, I used your argument, not mine. Mine argument is still unused, and it is that I do not care that they think. Gay is mental illness whatever doctor or pharma or politicians say they say.

Argument 2:
Again, argument that is not acceptable. So, as you already know, we have strong - mental disciplined people, and mentally weak people here in the world. So, nothing will affect everybody the same. Your argument that all would become gay assumes that all people are equally mentally weak to be manipulated on the same level. They are not.

You do not have argument number 2. You just want to present like you have few unanswered arguments. I do not see any point here in what you "argumented".

Argument 3.

You now show you are afraid to play my games, but Im not afraid to play yours. If i was in the hipotethical world I proposed, then YES YES YES to all questions. It is NOT AN OPTION. It is world where all follow some proposed rule.

We are NOT argumenting about will all in the world become gays or not. We are looking at consequences of what WOULD that rule do if we live in proposed world.

Your problem is still THE SAME. Your argument creates consequences that is self destructing. You want to change rule, and your rule creates WORSE WORLD TO WEAR.

You cannot respond how your rule creates better world. Im arguing that your rule create worse world to wear. My marriage rules do not create contradictions. Your rule does. It is self-destructing.

Argument 4.

You again, do not have any argument in witch you contradict mine, but you raise some serious flaws.

You are saying, that my views are because im heterosexual. I find this worrying in your perspective. Because i talk as a man, or woman, it is the same. But you want to explain how you are SPECIAL type of man? So Im man heterosexual - thats why my views cant be true, and you are special man - gay?

You we found you man literally.

This is game over.

You do not need to understand this, but there are some of us who do.

You are arguing that heterosexual points of view cant be right.

That's big rubbish.

You are manipulated. Gay community is full of lies.
edit on 2-3-2014 by poweref because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by poweref

Can i ask why i am a Mental Illness in your mind though?

without repeating anything you may have read to toss away any subjective bias, why do You believe i am a Mental Illness, or is it only because you were told to think that?

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by poweref

So we should ignore the position from people who's profession it is to determine psychiatric illness, but instead believe yours just because you say it's so.

Interesting.
edit on 2-3-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by poweref

So. Since you are obviously such an expert in these things;

What are your qualifications?

Where did you get your degree in psychiatry?

Where are your peer reviewed published works that debunk current accepted views?

posted on Mar, 3 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by poweref

Open that closet door dude and come out
you will be much happier in the long run.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Darth_Prime
reply to post by poweref

Can i ask why i am a Mental Illness in your mind though?

without repeating anything you may have read to toss away any subjective bias, why do You believe i am a Mental Illness, or is it only because you were told to think that?

Sure. For this purpose, we will ignore tons of scientific data about mental illnesses in gay community, since I already explained how scientific data can be manipulated.

So you are man/woman. Yes? Lets say that for all others we might create better rules.

So as a man, your only life purpose is to be happy, to produce happiness. Anyway, all through there is nothing bad in wanting to be happy, there are situations that can make us happy and others sad. We do not want to be immoral, and gain on others misery.

So what do you as a man really want? You can want whatever you like, but some of your wishes are not good in nature. They may appear good on surface, but when examined in depth they create problems to others, and problems to society.

So I claim, that mental illness is form of intention, that hurt society or others, for their gains. Gay society does not want to accept that their way of living is harmful to the best practice of living we know today. They do not care. They want children no matter what scientists say.

Gay community claim that is perfectly normal for human being to experience JUST ONE SIDE. They claim man-woman experience is of the same value as man-man or woman-woman relationship. Also, they claim that they can raise new children the same way as heterosexual couples. But their life experience is only half full in compared to heterosexual couple. Sad future for world.

All that in times when we do not have any codex of moral living, where we can say this is good and this is bad. Thats why you need scientific evidence and are claiming your position is good. Since I am not authority to you, you simply deny logic and do what you like. And thats something like lying to yourself, and I would call this mental illness. Like, no I did not stole anything, even if I can clearly see myself stealing on camera.

Above all... top secret.

Any sexual pleasures, and sex related intentions are among the LOWEST things any can consciousness entity may want. We are so much more than machines to produce babies, or just sex machines for pure pleasures.

We are mind creatures. Consciousness beings. Thoughts.
From this perspective, any form of wanting gay relationship is clearly mental illness.
edit on 4-3-2014 by poweref because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Lucid Lunacy
reply to post by poweref

So we should ignore the position from people who's profession it is to determine psychiatric illness, but instead believe yours just because you say it's so.

Interesting.

Not mine, yours.

I challenged your ideas. I do not need scientists just to support my idea. I have my on idea, explained to you. It is up to you to think about consequences, and give counterarguments if you can.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

markosity1973
reply to post by poweref

So. Since you are obviously such an expert in these things;

What are your qualifications?

Where did you get your degree in psychiatry?

Where are your peer reviewed published works that debunk current accepted views?

I do not need qualifications. Qualifications can be manipulated. I fight with logic. Logic is simple, and it is everyone's weapon. Prove to me that Im saying how 2+2 is 5, and you win.

All people should think by themselves. We should not look only for qualifications, because that way we might not see even MUCH BETTER answer. Also, remember example when I said if qualification's supported ALL my conclusions, you would still not accept it. I really do not know why then you ask for it.

Since you wont accept my qualifications, and maybe I do not accept every yours, we must find better tool for debate.

And I cant think of any better than logic.

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by poweref

No T no Shade, but did i miss the part where you tell me why You think it's a Mental Illness?

all i got from that is us Homosexuals behave in a way that is harmful to Nature (Heterosexuals) and we are unfit to raise children

so, would that mean that Heterosexuals, or Natures Perfection that do harmful things to the world and are Unfit to raise Children Mental Illness to? so that would mean it's not just us Mental Gays right?

posted on Mar, 4 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

poweref

Okay, I've just deleted everything I just wrote in this post, because this is getting way too personal now.

Quite simply, in English we have a term for when you are just arguing for the sake of it without making sense or having any real evidence;

'Clutching at straws'

This is what you are doing now. It's been an interesting experiment talking to you. However, I was right all along when I posted this way back on page 8

I'm pretty sure you don't want to listen and learn anyway.

You don't need to participate in this thread any more. Your opinion has been voiced and we all know that you oppose gay marriage and you think we are all diseased. It's not going to stop any of us, because despite you fierce assertions, we are mentally strong. Far stronger than you would ever imagine.

There is no winner and there is no loser in this debate, there is just a stalemate. I am not seeking to open your mind any more and I am not going to change my mind or the way I live because of what you think.
edit on 4-3-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by poweref

I challenged your ideas. I do not need scientists just to support my idea. I have my on idea, explained to you. It is up to you to think about consequences, and give counterarguments if you can.

Actually you only replied to a small percentage of my posts. Certainly didn't reply to many critical questions. I appreciate you and I each have our own view. As we are entitled to. I gave many counterarguments. Please address mine fully first, then present more to me. It's only fair.

posted on Mar, 9 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

poweref
Any sexual pleasures, and sex related intentions are among the LOWEST things any can consciousness entity may want. We are so much more than machines to produce babies, or just sex machines for pure pleasures.

We are mind creatures. Consciousness beings. Thoughts.
From this perspective, any form of wanting gay relationship is clearly mental illness.
edit on 4-3-2014 by poweref because: (no reason given)

Hm right out of a new age gurus note pad.....It has nothing to do with the living reality of enlightenment and growth as Being which is about embracing and accepting WHOLE Self - as is, in fullness, not about running off into space with only self-selected bits of particulate matter filtered through a corrupt often injured psyche.

Any excuse for a good gay bash will do though right?

As for anyone else out here... it gets better!

Becca's tunage

big love

Ro
edit on 9-3-2014 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by poweref

Did you see the study where they got homophobic men and showed them male sexual images? well the none homophobs didn't get turned on but the homophobic ones did.
So just come out dude you will be happy and gay and free.

Guys just ignore him his breed will be gone soon enough and the world will be a gay (happy) place.
edit on 10-3-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
poweref
The ignorance is strong in this one

You have never really addressed anything anybody has actually said, you have backtracked since your first point basically saying the same thing without even acknowledging the persons questions.

If you don;t like the freedom gays are now having, close your eyes or something or turn away and ignore them because to be honest, the old frame of mind you have is getting left behind by the masses - Maybe its time to move on, eh?

We all have opinions, doesn't mean we're right mate.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by shauny

Europe is normaly way ahead of the USA, was on black rights and womens rights.

So much for land of the free

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join