It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What will happen if gays are allowed to marry?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

I dont know whats worse now, trying to deal with catholics and there guilt trips or trying to deal people who dont want to accept the reality of the truth and rely on the media and Wikipedia to educate them. Its like a dentist will say fluoride is your friend and you should get as much as possible. Yet there are cold hard scientific proof fluoride lowers your IQ and causes many illnesses. And if you remember the tooth paste tubes from the 80s in Australia, there use to be a warning on the back "contains fluoride do not swallow"

edit on 26-2-2014 by Abavs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

Depends on the source material.

There are plenty of reputable academic sources given in both articles to support the substance of the material.

Go on I dare you, read the articles and research the validity and reputation of the references provided.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

Gurl, you forget corrupting the Youth of America, Destroying the Constitution, and ushering in the Apocalypse

Okcuuur!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Abavs
reply to post by Rosha

Interesting post

Let's disect what you have said

"Gay marriage is not a privilege its a equal right. No taxes for gay people would be a privilege."

Dead on target with that one.
We are not asking for more than anyone else, just the same

This is going off topic for a second. (As Henery Kissinger said) "There is a need for a new world order" "The new world order has many characteristics at play" now if we take the new world order guied lines from the Georgia Tablet stone, it clearly states we need a dramatic population decrease as the world is over populated. What better way then to have multiple contiguous agendas at play say over a 20 - 30 year period in sexuality, mental and physical health, eugenics, social engineering

Now we are talking the UN agenda 21 again. So, if you say that sexuality has been altered by said agenda, what is the vehicle? Science is fairly unclear on what the actual answer is, but the scales are slowly tipping toward nature, not nurture being the main factor in what makes a person gay.

Now this is just a open theory I may be compleatly wrong. I do how ever find its really strange that there has been a big gay boom since 2000.

Define boom for me, I am interested to hear what you mean here. I interpret what you mean in two different ways;

a) a rise in the physical number of gay people. Which I would need to see an accurate source to verify your claim. If it's an agenda 21 thing then it should be easy to verify as the perpertrators would be congratulating their success.

b) a rise in the awareness of gay people. This would roughly coincide with the rise of the multiculturalism in society and homosexuality is just another facet of it.

Not to mention its only taken us since the dawn of human existence to about 2008 for gayness to be socialy accepted in society.

Now this is bit of a porky I am afraid. Look at ancient Greece and Rome. They have many references to homosexuality including the infamous hercules wrestling diomedes statue. Modesty alert; Don't google it if you are offended by male and gay nudity.

Gay marriage (the pagan kind) was also around then as well. New Zealand decriminalised homosexuality in the 1980's and other countries through the 70's 80's and even as late as the 90's did the same.

Why now what has changed, why all of a sudden a acceptance and from the catholic religion why have they had a change in mind especially when they use to announce it as a one of the biggest sins there is.

The catholic religion has not accepted it, it has softened it's stance. i.e. This new Pope has taken the enlightened positio that it's not our fault that we are gay and that we should be given an attitude of acceptance not rejection because of it. He himself said 'I am not God, so who am I to Judge?' It mirrors Jesus when he said 'let he who is without sin cast the first stone'

The whole concept of homosexuality being as big as say murder is a societal thing. In reality it falls into the 'adultery' category which for some reason is sort of swept under the carpet as being bad, but not that bad if you are straight and married.

Then there is the double jeopardy aspect of homosexuality and Christianity. We are sinners because we are adulterers. We are technically adulterers because we have sexual relations outside marriage. Our monogamous relationships are unrecognised, so therefore even when we do adhere to the model of marriage, we are still not good enough and therefore still adulterers.

As for the salvation aspect and the church's stance, that has not changed.

There is always an agenda at play for some bigger hidden agenda.

I'm still not seeing it. The Agenda 21 argument bears the most merit, but I need proof. Proof of a rise in % to population above the generally accepted 10% and proof that the world population growth is slowing / going backwards.

edit on 26-2-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I mentioned it before but in case some missed it. Roman Christians passed a law in 342 AD to ban gay marriage. So both homosexuality and gay marriage were in not so ancient Rome as well.
edit on 26-2-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

im sorry but Wikipedia and reality are two different things.

When you read an entry in Wikipedia you might notice numbers[1] like that or like this[2]. Click them. They are the sources. You can look into them and find out where the information came from. Pretty impressive, eh?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Darth_Prime
reply to post by Rosha

Gurl, you forget corrupting the Youth of America, Destroying the Constitution, and ushering in the Apocalypse

Okcuuur!

Hm....is that all?

Could be worse..I could be a Kansas legislator.

Kansas refuses service

grr

Ro

edit on 26-2-2014 by Rosha because: gremlins

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Abavs
reply to post by Rosha

"Gay marriage is not a privilege its a equal right. No taxes for gay people would be a privilege." Now that I got that quote off my chest for a agenda to work there many factors that must come into play. This is going off topic for a second. (As Henery Kissinger said) "There is a need for a new world order" "The new world order has many characteristics at play" now if we take the new world order guied lines from the Georgia Tablet stone, it clearly states we need a dramatic population decrease as the world is over populated. What better way then to have multiple contiguous agendas at play say over a 20 - 30 year period in sexuality, mental and physical health, eugenics, social engineering. Now this is just a open theory I may be compleatly wrong. I do how ever find its really strange that there has been a big gay boom since 2000. Not to mention its only taken us since the dawn of human existence to about 2008 for gayness to be socialy accepted in society.
Why now what has changed, why all of a sudden a acceptance and from the catholic religion why have they had a change in mind especially when they use to announce it as a one of the biggest sins there is.

There is always an agenda at play for some bigger hidden agenda.

yah yah blah blah blah yadda yadda.....circular arguments that could go on for literally eons without change and ppl are still dying, still being judged to death.

So just stop for a second and tell me this...person to person...human to human...

What would you do if you woke up tomorrow and suddenly people who are gay ruled everywhere and owned and controlled absolutely everything.....just as heterosexual people do in the main now...really envisage it for a second.

How would YOU feel and what would YOU want, if say, by your natural heterosexuality alone, NO other reason...you were being ostracized, punished, moralized on and about, were hunted like an animal, denied services, politically muted, socially regulated and had your human rights removed.

How would being treated this way make you view yourself and the world, and how, just for being your natural self, would being judged as an entire being for who you sleep and choose to make a life with, make you feel?

No crap here... no agenda... just please be honest...how would you feel? What would you do?

Ro

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
There seems to be some confusion on the new popes stance.

It's not really any 'softer'.

He still believes homosexuality is a sin. He still believes there are dire consequences if it goes unrepentant. He's merely saying don't judge it yourself, that's for god to do.

He also thinks gay marriage is against god's plan, will destroy heterosexual families, and that gay people ruin the lives of children they raise. Source

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosha

We can't be telling them all our Secrets Now

we save that for the Gay Agenda Meetings

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

Oh yeah,

When's the next one?

What silly hat do I wear this month?

What's on the agenda? Is it still 'Death to the straight masses by sequin'?

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

Okcurrr!

This Months meeting will be held in Arizona , Get your best Lace Front it is going to be Sickening!

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

I dont need to answer your questions as my opinions conflict with yours. All I need to do is address different factors and you guys do the rest. The bottom line is this is a discussion. Not a debate on trying to convince you on a debatable truth. At the end of the day I still rest peacefully. If I wanted to convert you id go looking for documental proof from the past 60 years. But what will that achieve ? "O look at me I spent 5 hours of my life getting proof so I could proove one gay man wrong." As I said this is a discussion, if you dont like what you read. Thats got nothing to do with me. Dont let it stop you from sleeping peacefully. If you are a gay man, act like a man not a wingeing woman. If you are a lesbien act like a woman not like a man. There is nothing more gross then a gender confused society. And if I were and alien looking in on earth and saw man behaving like woman and woman behaving like man I would be like WTF.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Abavs

I dont need to answer your questions as my opinions conflict with yours. All I need to do is address different factors and you guys do the rest. The bottom line is this is a discussion. Not a debate on trying to convince you on a debatable truth. At the end of the day I still rest peacefully. If I wanted to convert you id go looking for documental proof from the past 60 years. But what will that achieve ? "O look at me I spent 5 hours of my life getting proof so I could proove one gay man wrong." As I said this is a discussion, if you dont like what you read. Thats got nothing to do with me. Dont let it stop you from sleeping peacefully. If you are a gay man, act like a man not a wingeing woman. If you are a lesbien act like a woman not like a man. There is nothing more gross then a gender confused society. And if I were and alien looking in on earth and saw man behaving like woman and woman behaving like man I would be like WTF.

Really want to call a spade a spade.... then what a p*ssweak cop out this is!

If it were just about feelings then fine..you go do as you say and sod off good life good luck to you....but it isn't just about feelings...this is about real peoples lives, real human beings - just like you - who are literally being KILLED because of this human ignorance, this sickening, immoral and abusive bigotry and political ' when its suits me to be royally outraged I will be" hypocritical social double speak.

People are being refused the right exercise their most basic of human rights and people are suffering under this submission of too many to psuedo-religious hate.

This kind of abuse demands reply, it demands action, demands YOU and people of your view DO stand accountable to your actions and words and do man up and justify why, what for and how come to those you would claim the right to beat down and sh*t on -or- stop claiming that right..once and for all.

What a coward...and how indicative that is of the weakness of your position that you're all too eager to try and build a case of why it is 'perfectly reasonable and godly' to cause others suffering but run at the first sign of discomfort yourself.

And for the record..I will ( as any other human has a right to) dress, act, speak, behave and live AS I DAMN WELL PLEASE in accordance with my needs my conscience and my wisdom and who the hell are you to expect or demand otherwise?? How full of yourself are you? THIS is the root of the problem! You think you've got some inherent RIGHT to dictate the lives of others..you DON'T! NEVER have!

How would you feel if I started saying ' sorry but you cant act that way, have that hair style, go to that shop, or speak in this or that way' ???????

You would be rightly FURIOUS!

Claim that right all you like..the answer will still be a square and firm "up yours bigot"

pfft

Ro

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Rosha

Abavs

Really want to call a spade a spade.... then what a p*ssweak cop out this is!

If it were just about feelings then fine..you go do as you say and sod off good life good luck to you....but it isn't just about feelings...this is about real peoples lives, real human beings - just like you - who are literally being KILLED because of this human ignorance, this sickening, immoral and abusive bigotry and political ' when its suits me to be royally outraged I will be" hypocritical social double speak.

People are being refused the right exercise their most basic of human rights and people are suffering under this submission of too many to psuedo-religious hate.

This kind of abuse demands reply, it demands action, demands YOU and people of your view DO stand accountable to your actions and words and do man up and justify why, what for and how come to those you would claim the right to beat down and sh*t on -or- stop claiming that right..once and for all.

What a coward...and how indicative that is of the weakness of your position that you're all too eager to try and build a case of why it is 'perfectly reasonable and godly' to cause others suffering but run at the first sign of discomfort yourself.

And for the record..I will ( as any other human has a right to) dress, act, speak, behave and live AS I DAMN WELL PLEASE in accordance with my needs my conscience and my wisdom and who the hell are you to expect or demand otherwise?? How full of yourself are you? THIS is the root of the problem! You think you've got some inherent RIGHT to dictate the lives of others..you DON'T! NEVER have!

How would you feel if I started saying ' sorry but you cant act that way, have that hair style, go to that shop, or speak in this or that way' ???????

You would be rightly FURIOUS!

Claim that right all you like..the answer will still be a square and firm "up yours bigot"

pfft

Ro

well go live how you dam well please. I am not stopping you.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

This topic you can have multiple views on. View A, everyone one has the right to live and choose the partner"

"View B, under Catholicism it is a abomination to be gay.

View C, every human has a responsibility to the human race to muliply.

View D, you have the right to live your life as you god dam please.

posted on Feb, 26 2014 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

Seriously what do you want from me ? I dont have all the answers.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

And if I were and alien looking in on earth and saw man behaving like woman and woman behaving like man I would be like WTF.

You speak for aliens now do you? I guess we should listen to your words. You must be very advanced.

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Abavs

Wow, that was like one of those fembot explosions on Austin Powers

If you're gonna provide an argument, you have to be able to back it up.

I'm just saying I've done my research, have you done yours?

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Abavs

well go live how you dam well please. I am not stopping you.

That's just the point...you ( and all who align with your view) ARE.
I dont have the luxury of walk away arguments not when yet another nation jails people like me for life or hunts us like animals..there is too much at stake. Whats more the entire world stood up, black white and brindle against the lie of apartheid in SA not that long ago....I fail to see how that is any different from the sexual apartheid occurring today.

You dont have to 'like' homosexuality or 'approve' of it, or even be friends or like people who are gay, no one is asking you to. You just need a conscience in order to stand up and speak out against what you must know in your gut is wrong. Abusing people for any reason is wrong, abusing them for simply being who they are, is somehow even worse than wrong. You must somewhere in that mind, know it as truth, that all humans are created equal, we bleed poop eat sleep and die just like you...and legislative and moral bias is always a pale second to that fact. We are one race, one species, the human race and species and so every single person alive even those you dont like, are inherently entitled to equal treatment and protection under law. That is the basis of the entire US constitution! This is not about just the US though, it is about global *human* rights vs a return to dark ages mentalities, social segregation and civil rights era insanity and the lynchings, mob rule, fearing lost time and wasted lives that comes with that devolution.

What do I want from you as in individual? Beyond some courage to think and challenge your own views and beliefs, I really dont know....maybe just to look in the mirror one day and ask yourself '"what if it was me"...." what if it were my son or daughter"

Like it not we are human too.....just like you.

Ro

edit on 27-2-2014 by Rosha because: gremlins

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join