What will happen if gays are allowed to marry?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
+20 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Since my thread got deleted last week, I'll keep my opinions to my self and just sharer this picture instead

This doesn't belong in the joke section neither, so don't be putting it there please.

Anybody else agree with the picture, or care to explain why the picture is wrong?

+17 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

n00bUK
What will happen if gay people are allowed to marry?

They`ll become just as miserably confined as all other married people.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Skyfloating

n00bUK
What will happen if gay people are allowed to marry?

They`ll become just as miserably confined as all other married people.
edit on 2014 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

Yeah, that
Everybody deserves a chance to be miserable!

I jest, I jest. Everybody deserves to share the legal perks & privileges of marriage with the person they devote themselves to. Not any more complicated than that when you take the religious BS out of it.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Ha!

Brilliant and precise.

If people love each other, who the hell is society or religion to criminalize them? Isn't love what life is all about?

Two people in love is a personal thing to those two people, everyone else should just respect their choice and leave them be.

+25 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Allowed?

That's what's wrong with the world. Too many people believe some oligarchs must "allow" them their freedom.

Government acknowledgement of marriage, straight, gay, plural, one way or the other is antithetical to liberty for all.

Allow. That word should make everyone hot and angry. But it doesnt, does it? And for that reason we'll be asking for permission for the rest of our lives.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Well put op.
Doubt your gonna change any minds among the fundamentalist religious types, but it is clear and concise.

+15 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Nothing will happen

People will be people and enjoy each others company doing whatever they want together as a couple.

True love doesn't have a gender preference.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The only downside to gay marriage is that divorce lawyers will get even richer when things go wrong

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Tbh who gives a f*ck about ppl gettin married its gonna happen its human nature deal with it

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
What will happen? They too, will come to know the joys of:

Divorce
Alimony
Marriage Penalty Tax
In-laws you can't get rid of easily
Having to remember another date... or else

You know... the same things that happen when straight people marry.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I agree completely with the allowed part.
But I think when the average person thinks about them being allowed, it brings to mind the benefits that go along with that marriage, health insurance, death benefits, ect. At least I did.

But then again, I think all the extras are why anyone HAS to be married now. No matter what their orientation. And that is all thanks to corporate greed. It shouldn't take a piece of paper for anyone's commitment to another person to be valid.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Power of attorney, death bed visitation rights, veterans pension, be a parent ( in some places)

ty for posting this. ♥

I like this list too

Ro
edit on 19-2-2014 by Rosha because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

They will suffer like the rest of us.

edit: Dang kangaru beat me to it haha
edit on 19-2-2014 by cosmicexplorer because: (no reason given)
edit on 19-2-2014 by cosmicexplorer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I am still unable to grasp how anyone can justify making gay marriage illegal. I'm a Canadian, so it's legal out here. My sister is gay and married. It doesn't matter if your prophet or messiah says that it is wrong, or that you interpret it that way. Not everyone abides by the laws of your religion.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

Ha, that's really funny.

Hopefully more children will get good homes. Freedom and the pursuit of happiness is what it comes down to..

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by chiefsmom

And that's all this has ever been about, isnt it? Just money. Taxes where the government is concerned and benefits where the private sector is concerned.

All this moral nonsense is just the corporacratic government playing useful idiots against each other.

So who comes out the hero in the end? The government. It wont be the people who demanded coverage for their partners or that the tax code be cleaned up. It'll be the government that comes out the hero for making minor adjustments to policy while retaining regulatory control over the personal relationships of the people.

Every time there is an issue at hand that could potentially free the people just a little bit the government steps in to grab control of it, maintain or even increase its presence in our daily lives, and stand up on the podium to accept the accolades for a job well done.

All along, from the first couple walking into a town office only to be told they had to fill out a form and submit a fee, this process should have gotten a giant F and a U. But it didnt because people love being told what to do. They love it when the government creates little bureaucracies for them to work through. It makes them feel special to be licensed, permitted and allowed.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I'm all for it. Equality. I dont understand why people get so pissed about this subject. How does it effect you? Just saying. Let gays marry gays and lesbians marry lesbians.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Thats about right.

People want to get married, regardless of gender, it's their business, nobody else's.

Plus they always have the best food and have plenty free booze.

Quick edit:
Will it cause a zombie holocaust? I don't want anything that causes the dead to rise up
edit on 19-2-2014 by sunnyade because: (no reason given)

link   

What will happen if gays are allowed to marry

Since it effects me exactly ZERO percent, I say do as you would be done by and love - not hate.

From a personal perspective, I would most likely suffer from liver failure due to all the bucks parties and hens nights I would be involved in.

Free booze, awesome clothes and drama.

edit on 19-2-2014 by Sublimecraft because:

link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Marriage is also about social and personal validation and being able to care for those you love in life and at the end of life, with integrity legal protection and respect. Its not just about the money issues, and even where it is, that usually boils down to protection not profit for most people considering it.

imo, ymmv etc etc..

Ro

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join