It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fractal Foundation Dot Org

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I learned about this website by reading about the speakers and topics for the upcoming Electric Universe conference: EU 2014 Conference: All About Evidence.

The speaker I'm referring to is Jonathan Wolfe, founder of the Fractal Foundation. Their mission:

We use the beauty of fractals to inspire interest in Science, Math and Art.

fractalfoundation.org...

Because fractals look like nature, I think many people love to simply look at them.

On their Video page:

Fractals are the pictures of Dynamic Systems – and we can learn a lot about them by watching them MOVE. Enjoy the animations below. Try to imagine you’re sitting in a planetarium, fully immersed, flying into the fractals. And if you really want to see them that way, come to a First Friday Fractals show!

fractalfoundation.org...

Here's the first video:

Uploaded on Nov 5, 2009

These geometric fractals show how simple shapes can combine and repeat to create the complex patterns of nature. And then they gracefully dissolve into dust...
Fractals designed by Jonathan Wolfe (FractalFoundation.org) and music by Daniel Wolfe of WolfeSongs.com

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
There is such awesome beauty and wonder within nature and our cosmos.

Recognizing the chaotic, fractal nature of our world can give us new insight, power, and wisdom. For example, by understanding the complex, chaotic dynamics of the atmosphere, a balloon pilot can “steer” a balloon to a desired location. By understanding that our ecosystems, our social systems, and our economic systems are interconnected, we can hope to avoid actions which may end up being detrimental to our long-term well-being.

fractalfoundation.org...
edit on 19-2-2014 by InTheLight because: added reference page

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

In the 90's I was using Fractint software, it was amazing to cycle colors through an algorithm you slightly modified. They also let you make your own products with it and keep all the profit, it was amazing for the time. I made tie dye t-shirts with fractals on them, and traveled the country with them as barter chips. Napa valley wine tastes best when paid for in fractals!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Here's a great YouTube with Arthur C. Clarke on fractals.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 8-4-2014 by Phantom423 because: wrong link

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom423

I like hearing the word "infinity" in that video.

I remember Nassim Haramein talking about the fact that physicists don't like dealing with infinity; in fact, they have an expression "nasty infinity." "Renormalization" is a way to get rid of infinity in physics. Haramein said he thought that was a cop-out. I agree.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom423

Clarke talked about the Planck length. But that is being challenged. A speaker at the EU 2014 Conference talked about Planck's law:

. . .Kirchhoff's law of thermal emission (formulated in 1860) is presented and demonstrated to be invalid. This law is crucial to our understanding of radiation within arbitrary cavities. Kirchhoff's law rests at the heart of condensed matter physics and astrophysics. Its collapse can be directly associated with 1) the loss of universality in Planck's law (Planck's constant and Boltzmann's constant are no longer universal in nature), 2) the collapse of the gaseous Sun as described in Standard Solar Models, and 3) the inability of the Big Bang to act as the source of the microwave background. . . .

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

Yes, good science continues to march on! Challenge everything, believe nothing without proof. Then challenge it again.
Good video - wasn't aware of this. Thanks for posting.

top topics

join