It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea’s Kim Jong-un forced mothers to drown newborn babies: U.N. report

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   
** That's the title of the article.
It refers to ethnic cleansing taking place in North Korea. (read the entire article)

The UN has released a new report on life inside North Korea. The situation is so bad for the average person in North Korea that Kim Jong-un has been warned by the UN that he could be tried for crimes against humanity at the International Criminal Court in The Hague. At this time, North Korean leadership is protected by China.

Washington Times

North Korea forces women to undergo abortions and young mothers to drown their newborn babies, and has starved and executed hundreds of thousands of detainees at secret prison camps — atrocities that the chairman of a U.N. panel that documented the abuses compares to those of Nazi Germany.

“The gravity, scale and nature of these violations reveal a state that does not have any parallel in the contemporary world,” the U.N. Commission on Inquiry said in a 372-page report released Monday on North Korea’s atrocities. These crimes are ongoing because “the policies, institutions and patterns of impunity that lie at their heart remain in place.”

In an unprecedented act, commission Chairman Michael Kirby wrote to North Korean leader Kim Jong-un warning that he could be tried for crimes against humanity at the International Criminal Court in The Hague.

The report documents crimes against humanity, including “extermination, murder, enslavement, torture, imprisonment, rape, forced abortions and other sexual violence, persecution on political, religious, racial and gender grounds, the forcible transfer of populations, the enforced disappearance of persons and the inhumane act of knowingly causing prolonged starvation.”

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

While I'm sure some demonizing is going on against N.K., I don't doubt the majority of what I hear. Kim is a psycho, just like the rest of his family before him. It's not about "the people", it's "all about ME".

And what's drowning a few infants for Dear Leader right? Sheesh! If there's one country America should invade, it's this one.

Thanks for the sharing OP.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
The one country in the entire world that is so messed up that the UN or NATO might actually not be able to mess it up more.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
The whole report is available in PDF

The future of DPRK is looking.....

The madness on this planet is unending and the future for all of us is uncertain, as always.

It took a while to read the above report and it has filled me with depression, so a word of warning if you read it

+4 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
N Korea doesn't have oil nor is it in any kind of vicinity of Israel, so there's no invasion masked with humanitarian causes on the agenda any time soon.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I don't understand how in this day and age humans can still be so barbaric. How can anyone who calls himself a human being do such things to another human being? It boggles my mind the lack of compassion and love.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
For once the lack of oil is not the issue. It's all about relevance.

The UN is an impotent body at present but if it is to gain relevance it will act.

The report implicates China so their veto will be a non-issue. Sanctions against China are possible hence the frenzied dumping of the dollar and Brussels buying. The EU can not support the Dollar so action will have to be swift.

Here come the drums....

I really hope my assessment is wrong, probably just coloured by the mood inspired by the report. I have a truly dreadful feeling.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Lil kim needs thrown to the wolves *literally

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Yeah, and Saddam was throwing babies out of incubators !!!......Same old BS, and if you fall for it again then shame on you.
edit on 19-2-2014 by ken10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Terrible...

What can the UN possibly do? They threaten them with sanctions, and threaten to try "Dear Leader" for war crimes, but will that deter them, or stop them? No...

If they try to bring "Dear Leader" in to be tried, will he come willingly? If he doesn't come willingly what are they going to do? Does he even recognize the UN's authority? I doubt it...

Sadly, there is nothing they can do to better the situation that doesn't call for some type of military action, but we know that's not going to happen because NK possess the mighty trump card, which are nuclear weapons.

Lose lose situation no matter how you slice it, but I hope some miracle happens where the people of NK are subject to such abuse.

Oh by the way, how they are trumping this up "as the most dire humanitarian crises in the contemporary world", I guess the UN turns a blind eye to some of the genocide and human rights abuse going on in certain parts of Africa for decades now, or maybe Africa is not considered apart of the "contemporary world"

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I don't think we have to do anything. Watched a frontline show a few weeks ago and it's clear the citizens are starting to push back in a big way. I'm on my iPhone so I can't link the show but it's certainly worth watching.

Since they started selling cellphones the people have started hacking them in figuring out there was a lot more going on in the world.

Be interested to hear some responses from china and Russia

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I don't think we have to do anything. Watched a frontline show a few weeks ago and it's clear the citizens are starting to push back in a big way. I'm on my iPhone so I can't link the show but it's certainly worth watching.

Since they started selling cellphones the people have started hacking them in figuring out there was a lot more going on in the world.

Be interested to hear some responses from china and Russia

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

That is one place I hope the citizens sit back, do little or nothing to get themselves killed sooner, and wait for the outside to work around to helping. It may take a generation more. Who knows.... I'd like to have seen Kim already planted with a bullet to the brain pan but unfortunately, we assassinate US Citizens with ease but won't touch a foreign leader, personally accountable for countless atrocities by his own hands or direct orders.

North Korea is, by my research, a minority of one left in the world though. A throw back to the days of the hard core communist regimes like East Germany and Cuba before it's moderated it's world view a bit over time. It's the only truly closed...TOTALLY closed..and brutally enforced dictatorship left in the modern world today. Myanmar isn't A LOT better, but they aren't the locked away cult of personality that the DPRK is under the Kim family. After all, how many nations HONEST TO GOD teach every citizen that their leader isn't simply divinely inspired...but *IS* divine in the literal sense? They do...and for lack of anything to counter it, they believe it, too.

The sooner Kim can catch a fatal case of 30 caliber lead poisoning, the better his people will be.

If they protest and push to try and end it though, Kim can and HAS done things already to make Tienanmen Square look like a minor public disturbance of the peace for how he'll insure "the little people" don't stand up to accomplish more than noise. I don't want to see more North Koreans die for nothing...and nothing can be done from their level. The DPRK will simply shoot them or send them to labor camps under the 3 Generation Rule they live by and enforce.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000

The sooner Kim can catch a fatal case of 30 caliber lead poisoning, the better his people will be.

Not just him but his whole staff of generals and advisors too.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Perhaps...but there is a big difference between Kim's staff of people and what you'd find in other nations. Kim's people are hand selected for loyalty, not ability. They are there by not being a threat to Kim himself, not by being overly capable and shining stars for their ability to function without Kim's direct leadership in their matters.

He has a retirement plan for those who have issues with that situation and it either seems to involve smokestacks or a very energetic feeding of the dogs. Either way, those able to lead and function without Kim don't do so for long in North Korea, as my understanding.

Whoever takes North Korea over when Kim is gone will have to flush his entire upper level of Government but because they are buffoons and yes men, not because they are threats in their own right, IMO.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

A baffon with a few loyal divions or a few WMD could cause a headache. You would likley get a civil war that will turn into a whole cluster F of epic proportion that will make syria look like a small local riot.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
All that need's saying!

Madeleine Albright, Secretary of State under President Bill Clinton, goes down in infamy not only for admitting that 500,000 innocent children were starved by sanctions on Iraq but also for admitting the atrocity while licking her lips.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Yes, we need to invade and install a central bank.

We should do that for any country that is not capitalist or does not follows American footsteps lol

The fact is... Kim is a leader and they have rules, those people follow him in the same trance as people here worship politician, it just that they label them differently.

If i were a country i would invade America to fix their gun laws, the healthcare, the poverty gap. See how that sounds lol?
edit on 2/19/2014 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by michaelmcclen

If it's not from PressTV or RT it's just Western Propaganda!

/Sarcasm

Seriously

I've no doubt horrible things are going on in North Korea and Yes, I'd love to see their people freed from this backwards Old Style Communistic Dinosaur of a system but I cant help get the feeling that the next thing we'll hear about is human sacrifice and Devil worship. Grain of salt taken.

However If true, The nightmare called North Korea just got a bit darker in scope. If that were even possible....

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
For anyone who have still doubt about North Korea i'm presenting free

Camp 14 - Total Control Zone

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join