It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kiev, Ukraine Update from RT

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I decided to do some research on what is going on in Kiev. It looks as if there are some extreme right-wing opposition groups that are participating in the rioting with hand guns and shooting other protesters and police officers - they are not normal opposition, but are members of such nationalistic groups as "Fatherland" and the "Right Sector," some of which support the actions of the NAZIs during WWII.

What this means is, the people being wounded by gunshots are being wounded by one faction of opposition rioters, according to the RT. The West has provided no counter-evidence I am aware of, and I am posting pictures of rioters with guns.

The police are, however, armed with "non-lethal" weapons.

Corpses on the streets, burning police trucks and military-clad rioters beating law enforcement officers to death with clubs. This collection of visuals proves the words ‘peaceful protests’ are inapplicable to Kiev.

Dressed in camouflage and toting firearms, the radicals have high-jacked peaceful protests in the Ukrainian capital. They represent the far-right wing of the Ukrainian opposition and have a leadership of their own. These young people, the majority of which have come to the Ukrainian capital from western regions of the country, follow the ultra-right ideology of nationalistic organizations such as Fatherland, UNA-UNSO and the Right Sector.

It looks like Biden and the West (including the EU) are under the impression that the gunshot wounds have been inflicted by Ukrainian government forces.

Biden urged Yanukovich to pull back law enforcement confronting rioters, and reiterated “the urgency of immediate dialogue with opposition leaders” and the need to “address protesters’ legitimate grievances.”

But even if any agreement between the Ukrainian opposition and the government is reached, the official leaders of the opposition are extremely unlikely to persuade the insurgent nationalists to lay down arms, stop mutiny and return to the poverty-stricken western regions of Ukraine.

However, I believe the RT when they say that if the riot police pull back, it will give the real armed forces belonging to the right-wing Nationalists a chance to advance. I remember other situations where the U.S. refused to listen to Ukraine and Russia when they were explaining how they have to deal with terrorist threats.

On the other hand, poverty-stricken western regions? Anyway -

An anti-government protester, armed with a rifle, hides behind a barricade - RT.

An anti-government protester, armed with a pistol, hides behind a tree and takes aim - RT.

Here are some links.

Images from Kiev - RT

Live Video Feed from Kiev - RT

U.S. Blames Ukrainian Government for Crisis - RT
edit on 19amWed, 19 Feb 2014 06:24:21 -0600kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Western powers warned Yanukovich against trying to smash the demonstrations, urging him to turn back to the European Union and the prospect of an IMF-supported economic recovery, while Russia accused them of meddling.

I'll leave this portion here, taken from Reuters www.reuters.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
That rifle the guy's holding? its an airgun. Only lethal if you're a squirrel and less than 20 yards away.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Good post...Ive been following much of this and didnt know about some of the groups in play...ive been keeping the live feed on in the background all day....i hear booms constantly....

I bet stock in balaclava's is on the rise haha

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
OH Just great...

With Putin hoping that they can just keep it from going full civil war for a few more days, Ukraine continues to slide towards a dismal result. This morning sees the next level of escalation in the break-away Western region:

*UKRAINE'S SECURITY SERVICE SAYS WEAPONS CACHE STOLEN: INTERFAX
*UKRAINE SECURITY SERVICE SAYS PROTESTERS SEIZED 1,500 GUNS
*UKRAINE SERVICE SAYS PROTESTERS SEIZED 100,000 ROUNDS OF AMMO
*UKRAINE SERVICE SAYS PROTESTERS GUILTY OF `TERRORIST ACTS'
And with that, the 'excuse' the military needed to get involved as Interfax reports the Ukraine's SBU starts "Anti-terrorist" operation in the Western region of Ivano-Frankvisk. With 25 dead and 241 injured, according to the AP, we suspect these numbers are sadly just the start.

www.zerohedge.com...

How convenient. Someone is steering up the pot... and poking the bear.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Hard to fight those with weapons without them yourself. I figure Putin will wait and see if the Local PTB can handle the situation. If they look like they are gonna lose I figure he will move the Red Army (or whatever they call them these days) into the country and reestablish order via cracking heads, arrest, and tanks... the old Russian way. I am very glad I am not there !

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Please add comments to the existing thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join