It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone been 'permanently abducted' or abducted for more than 2+weeks and returned?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by inquisitive1977

Critical Thinking and Rationality?

So, was there a ruling at the 2014 Symposium of Critical Thought and Rationality that made it entirely within reason to employ magical characters as a solution to any roadblock or lack of imagination to discover actual known attributions and culpable agents?

You don't know, therefore ... God
You don't know, therefore ... Aliens
You don't know, therefore ... Bigfoot
You don't know, therefore ... Fairies
You don't know, therefore ... Demons
You don't know, therefore ... ???

It's entirely okay to say "I don't know".
It, however, is not okay, to defer to magical characters for which there is no proof.

Thus, if you don't know, then, you don't know, or, the most likely explanation is the best explanation.

Why are people seeing the same things in these surrealistic experiences?
Why does everyone have falling dreams?
Why does everyone have flying dreams?
Why does everyone have nightmares, most usually as children during the developmental phases?
Why do many children have bouts of episodic sleep walking over the course of development?
Why do we all dream very similar things regardless culture, language, gender, and age?

Hint; It has nothing to do with aliens.

edit on 2/20/2014 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Text Purplereply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Ok. I will give you this; Memory, through stress, over time, shock, etc can be faulty & I'll be the 1st to admit that.
Also, looking through my old address book, I met a Dr. Kathleen Turner. lol! Just called her. She is still alive at 55. But the similarities between the 2 are astonishing.
Yes, my late Mom had the most rare form of Cancer there is & her last year of life was so hard, it was like her mind came & went. It hurt. Still.
I've had Cancer, 4 times already. 1st at age 11. Of the Thyroid. They could only surgically remove a small part for fear of knicking the Para Thyroid or medulla obglonta as I have a longish very tiny neck. I underwent 3 3 week rounds of radiation to destroy the rest. It was Hel.
Those rounds of radiation caused other Cancers.
One resulted in a Hysterectomy by age 28.
One, Pancreatic, I actually died for 5+ minutes.
The 2 others not too big of a deal.
My mind was indeed affected during the Pancreatic, but would have been anyway if I'd had just Pancreatitis.
I said and maintain, we did not even know we were gone 2 weeks so we couldn't really remember much.
My cousin is 4 years older than me, still lives but has undergone a few surgeries, chemo & radiation as well, the one was so detrimental, she's never been the same.
My Dad only had 2 minor Cancers in the grand scheme of things.
Would you think photos & papers would be good & strong enough? Evidence I mean?
If so, it may take 2 weeks maybe 3 max & I can provide them then.
There are 2 E.T's but not greys or reptilian or dog head or any typical ones.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Its not psychological, very very real stuff going on. People who have longer trips are most often not in the category of Travis where he remembers the events relatively clearly from waking in the long term storage containers, beehive type. I was told in an abduction, in which it was clear the "allowed" perception of what was happening, but still an altered state and alot that was not remembered. Just the "cover report" they let me keep on the files. They can insert any kind of cover report or memories they want. Was told/understood, they didn't do time at all. Then was told this day took 9 days to complete, and to write this down. When I woke up a minute later, went downstairs and my 19 year old son told me that the whole room had shook and he thought he was dropped off, it was like when he had missing time when he was up, an hour missing as he had turned the tv to the late night show he wanted at the right time, and then spun around and felt really disoriented and was facing the xbox instead and the game tv, and when he went to check if the show was starting, something else was on, and when he checked the time, it was an hour later. Both those occurrences involved memories for me. The one where I was told this day took 9 days to complete occurred after years of experiences, and after a sighting of a rose colored, twiggy grey. So I knew not to discount anything that night. Because the grey type being was right in front of my eyes for a few seconds before leaping, twisting around and vanishing.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Text Purplereply to post by InhaleExhale

As long as you are 100% sure of that, great.
I'm sticking with BOTH.
I do not care if you or anyone else believe otherwise.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by depleteduranium92

Well, Jimmy Hoffa is still MIA ! ?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by StormyStars

Who is Dr. Kathleen Turner ? ? ?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Text Purplereply to post by inquisitive1977

When it comes to religion for me, I'd say other, but, I'll say, " Amen Hallelujah! Oh Great Inquisitive1977! "

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Also on that litery of don't know, so its.....

Some of us do know, vividly and with acute awareness, its the rest that either seek to look past wars, starvation and corruption, or stay with blinders on. Simple enquiries you make yourself, at night, in sleep, and under the stars usually brings answers for many. At least in time, if they're being honest with themselves and striving to become more loving, forgiving, compassionate and aware, they'll get answers. That IS what life is all about, after all, why people are here, and to help to family. To improve and help others, thats it in a nutshell. And Family is up there, watching over.

And apparently to the one who is posting so strongly on issues they truly haven't experienced and don't know, nor do they in their logical critical thinking, go down the list of probabilities, and widen their concepts of probabilities by exposing themselves to quantum mechanics, physics and many theories.

But I also got a very strong message that the words just given to recover from working for the wrong group, basically, is all that will be given. Because apparently some haven't earned more and need to start working for the well being of others, and growing. This isn't something that is just handed out to people on a silver platter, people share for the good of those who are seeking and even somewhat aware that their own lives contain mysteries. But its not handed out to those who are on another side, and working for something else, and instead, thats all thats allowed to be said in the present company.
edit on 20-2-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Text Purplereply to post by balahala

Well one is a University Councilor, the other is a Psychology/Sociology Professor. Both are called Dr. 1 lives here in Canada & 1 lives in the USA

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Offtopic, but your post in the channeling thread do make sense - about contacting the wrong group.
I wonder if "the good aliens" also do the same - abduct etc etc.

On topic, we are in a losing battle against the aliens, all because we lack 1 "common" thing, telepathy.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

Nice how you just throw in a bunch of things not being discussed whatsoever and you think it strengtgens your point. No one is saying I don't know therefor it has to be aliens.

In fact you are saying I dont know but refuse to accept the very real possibility thay many had actual experiences so it is imagonary. You are promoting the magical explanation, the only time many people hallucinate or imagine the same thing is if yhere is a widely understood idea that their subconscious can grasp.

There is absolutely no such thing as.shared hallucinations created out of nowhere. Unlesd you believe because you don't know people magically out of nowhere develop a random psychic connection with strangers in random places.

In fact even with welk known fantasies such as dragons and unicorns no one magically has th e same hallucinations and believes hey they are real and wwondering the earth right now.

You sound like one of the people that would have institutionalized women because of their monthly. The whole I dont know so they must be crazy.

Eye witnesses, especially multiple eye witnesses are still our gold standard for proof in court. With so many in so many places providing similar accounts you actually beliese your magical randomly developed psychic conbection is valid.

Yet actual critical thinking and REAL rational thought will lead you to other possibilities. There is absolutely NOTHING magical in the idea of aliens. Scientists around the world will tell you probabilities of us being the only life are so low as to be iconsequential. Randomly developed psychic connections leading to the same hallucinations before they becone widely know IS a magical idea with low chance of being trith.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   

By the way your quesyions at the end are laughable and in no way help your point. Falling dreams, we all know if we fall we can get hurt and most experienced it at some time. Fkying dreams really, we see birds flying everyday all over the world it is an easily understood fantasy. Nightmares, wekl EVERYONE has fears and our subconscious manifests that in some way.

Now if at some point random people around the world all create some completely new nightmaresh charecter with the same charecteristics, al la nightmare on elm street, you might have a point.

Right now you are saying I dont know and don't want to interupt my idea of normal so anyone saying any different is crazy.

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   

adarma

depleteduranium92
I know Travis Walton hold the record for the longest abduction (5 days), but I'm wondering if there are others who were infact taken by the aliens and have not been returned.
Yes , watch the TRUE account made into a film called , The Fourth Kind .

The Fourth Kind is hoax. The whole "based on true events" and "actual footage" was all a marketing tactic. Basically, bad weather and alcohol lead to the disappearance of ~20 people. Universal decided that would be too boring to make a film about, so they threw in aliens and promoted it under the guise of a "true story." All of the "real footage" was doctored, and laughably so.

Don't get me wrong, I like Milla Jovovich, and the film wasn't THAT bad, but it certainly doesn't have an inkling of truth to it. Universal got sued over the damn thing because the whole "true events" theme led to the townsfolk of Nome, Alaska, being harassed by phone calls from people trying to verify the events that took place in the movie. It's all fictional.

In case you want to look into it yourself:
First Source
Second Source
Third Source
Fourth Source

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:23 AM
link   
SNIP

One mystery worth exploring is the hundreds of people that have disappeared from National Parks. In many of the disappearances there are strange circumstances surrounding it, such as clothing taken off and left neatly folded, or their trail/scent suddenly ending without further trace, young toddlers found miles away from where they disappeared. Creepy!

Mod Note: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

edit on 2/21/2014 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

StormyStars
Text Purplereply to post by Chamberf=6

Sounded like you were placing all claimants in the same category.

And I'm not wrong am I? So why the act of innocent confusion?

Still waiting for you to come foreword yourself......

come forward myself?

What are you even talking about?

I've never been abducted nor have I claimed to be.

Innocent confusion about your post?

I was sincere in asking what it had to do with my post...

I had never heard your lengthy story before until you wrote it in this thread, and wasn't referring to you in my response, obviously, since I asked what it had to do with the case I mentioned.

BTW I don't think that "text purple " thing is quite working for you, since the only thing purple is "text purple".
edit on 2/21/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

balahala

Who is Dr. Kathleen Turner ? ? ?

An actress that I guess may have played a doctor once??

Since StormyStars had mentioned a couple times "I actually know Dr. Karla Turner" (I guess she meant "knew her", since she's dead.)
edit on 2/21/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:41 PM
link   

StormyStars

Sry. Felt choked. Haven't seen Dr. Karla Turner since February !4th !996. In Louisiana. I let her know that my final divorce certificate came that day.
She didn't look bad, or ill & didn't say so.
I didn't know she died

Us Science Professor types don't tend to keep up with many people very, though there are always exception, I'm not one of those. Sadly.
She still called me Baby Professor that day so she must have been lucid...
When did she pass on?

She passed on January 10, 1996.
edit on 2/21/2014 by EvilBat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
How presumptuous of you. I do know 2 women with the titles & names, " Dr. Kathleen Turner. I had been mistaken that it was Dr. KARLA Turner which I realized when I found &7 dug out my little address book. I also know a Kathleen Turner who teaches in Gillam Manitoba Canada only an hour West of Churchill where her son, Ted turner & his wife Kirsten live. Pfftt! I didn't say the actress as she does not hold any Doctorate as far as I know & honestly even forgot about the actress. Whom I do not know. So why are you such a large part of this thread if you haven't had an experience?reply to post by Chamberf=6

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I already corrected that error of mistaken identity. No need to prosecute me over it at this point.....
reply to post by EvilBat

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Does this Kathleen teach at the University?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join