It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Capital One'......says it can show up at cardholders'....Homes,Workplaces!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
( READ,) the small print !
When you sign the contract, you agree to the terms.
And that term is in the contract.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

The reason they probably stopped door to door collections is because the collectors started to disappear.

I kinda feel for the folks going out there trying to collect these debts. When I was very young, I worked in property management, which often times entailed going to the person's home to try to collect rent monies. One day I made the near-fatal mistake of waking a man who worked nights and slept during the day (and we all knew he had a nasty temper to boot). I knocked on the door for what seemed like an eternity. Then, the door suddenly opened and I found myself staring down the barrel of a gun and the guy holding it looked very irate. Luckily, (and probably due in some part to the look of shock and utter terror on my very young face) the guy put the gun down and agreed to come into the office and pay his rent later that week. But I will never forget that feeling of having a gun pointed at my face simply for trying to do my crappy minimum wage job. I never went alone to do collections again after that - I always made one of the other girls in the office go with me.

Push people far enough up against the wall, and they will do crazy things. I hope these credit card debt collectors don't find that out the hard way when in all actuality, they are just trying to earn a paycheck to feed their families too, just like the rest of us. It's the folks at the top making these decisions, not the collectors themselves. And those fat cats at the top putting their employees in danger for profit should be ashamed of themselves.

Sad all around, if you ask me. Sad that everything in our world revolves around money

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I stick with debit or cash, but if I used credit, and a Capital One representative showed up at my door to harass me, it wouldn't end very well for them.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
This could just be a scare tactic.. If they ever did that to me they would get to leave on a gurney. Most of the people I know wouldn't even be That nice..

Anyone dumb enough to go to someone's home with threats and a loud voice is just asking for a serious beating.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus
Credit card companies use exorbitant fees, interest rates and tricky contract changes (like this thread is about) to control your financial life and make you a slave to debt.

The answer is very simple then.... do not use a credit card! No one forces you to get one, if you do get one then it is up to you to pay the interest, fees etc - if you do not agree with paying them then simply do not get a credit card!

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I'd love for them to stop by. I have a faulty latch on my front door that the pooch seams to keep busting through. Damn dog.

They really are the mob. I wish everyone would just flat out ditch credit cards all together.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join