It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

full discovery channel documentary: "The Lost Tomb of Jesus"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   
watch the full documentary:
|||The Lost Tomb of Jesus|||

visit these links to find out more:

discovery channel

Latest Research on the Jerusalem Talpiot Tombs

jesus discovery: Jerusalem archaeology reveals birth of Christianity

Jacobovici defends his reputation in court

'Jesus Tomb' Controversy Rages as Archaeologists Explore Another 2,000-Year-Old Tomb

related archaeological discovery:

Ossuaries of First Christians

Jerusalem Burial Cave Reveals: Names, Testimonies of First Christians

Could the following cryptic passages possibly be alluding to the earthly remains of Jesus Christ?
Matthew 24:28
Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.

Luke 17:37
Then they asked him, “Where, Lord?” He said to them, “Where the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.”

If it's any consolation to Christians, you could view this as a sort of Jesus' long awaited second coming.

Luke 19:39-41
39 Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to him, “Teacher, order your disciples to stop.” 40 He answered, “I tell you, if these were silent, the stones would shout out.”-fulfilled prophecy?

edit on 18-2-2014 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
S&F Thanks for the information. It is interesting to say the least. I am pretty big into biblical prophecy and watching for "signs of the times". I will definitely be watching this.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Concerning those passages. When I looked them up the in Latin Vulgate they say eagles [aquila] and not vultures. That difference might be symbolically significant? Figured I'd mention it.

Wiki on aquila:
Aquila is the Latin and Romance languages word for eagle. Specifically, it may refer to:
Aquila (constellation), the astronomical constellation, The Eagle
Aquila (genus), a genus of birds including some eagles
Aquila (name), a given name or surname
Aquila (Roman), a Roman military standard

edit on 18-2-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

yup, that's because I used the nrsv

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by reject

Right but the Latin Vulgate is much closer to the original source as a translation than NRSV. So chances are more accurate. From what I can tell….the greek translations also use the word eagle. I would trust someone more qualified to verify this though.

Anyways. Thanks for video links.
edit on 18-2-2014 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:13 PM
link   

no, you're right...verbatim it is eagles
edit on 18-2-2014 by reject because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Do they literally mean eagles? OR could it be a code for Romans? Or a code for angels? That's just a side thought, as vultures and eagles are both scavengers.. Scorpio is not just a scorpion, but can become an eagle if higher awareness is sought. I think they meant "those with wings" haha, but I'm pretty far out there.. Anyway..

I'm not religious, but I think I met Jesus as a spirit. So for some reason I am drawn to Jesus, even when I mostly hate anything Christian.

This is a very Interesting Video. I'm a bit over 1 hour into it, and it's pretty amazing. They could have really found Jesus' tomb. Seems to have good evidence. Still watching..

Looking it up on IMDB I am finding that there is debate, and maybe at least one person was misquoted, but I have to delve into that.

"The Lost Tomb of Jesus-A Critical Look" is a 1 hour video from Ted Koppel, apparently a panel discussion, that disagrees with the documentary in this thread. So far I can not find a copy of it besides an unwatchable chinese, or korean or something version.
edit on 19-2-2014 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join