It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Free Game-Pilot Your Own Rover and Explore an Alien Planet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I got upgraded with audio to analyze the non-ambient sounds rumored to be there.
Yeah, this is slow moving, but it is still interesting.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by shadow watcher

I now have 6 merit badges, new rover, 6 species discovered plus 1 audio recording of a life form!

I really don't have much time to spend in front of the computer so this game is perfect for me.

You can also schedule two moves at a time if you want, it sort of speeds it up some if you only check in once a day.

edit on 24-2-2014 by tanda7 because: eta

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Same here. two sites at a shot usually takes eight hours or more. Those crazy satelite turnaround times, eh?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I signed up but have not tried yet. I see other people got the ....

i don't trust the extrasolar program. lots of history there. let's just say i have good reason to look a little deeper. i'm monitoring their database, so i know you were rejected. i have access to their voicemails and messaging, but their intrusion detection system firewalled me out of the rover control application. plus, there's no way i could apply with my own identity. i need a clean account and ip address. access that looks legitimate. here's the deal. i give you a backdoor account, get you a rover. you become my eyes and ears on the inside. i set up a backdoor link to get you rolling. a dummy account with an aced entrance test and signed nda.

I was accepted however at the bottom of my acceptance was this add on.....

i just wanted to make sure you got my previous email. i'm sorry if i came off too strongly, but... i have a long history with xri and i really need your help. as you can see from the message, i managed to get you into extrasolar through a back door

e mails.

Strange, makes me not want to try it out.....
edit on 25-2-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Got some more audio recordings. Found some interesting life forms too.
I haven't been able to decript the message yet. Slow moving across the island as usual.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Tanda Did your rover locate the ruinsyet?
I find that I keep backtracking. After planning two location commands, I wind up going back over the area after a new discovery.
The rover could have traveled the perimeter of the island with the distance I have already made.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Yeah I got some photos of the ruins. They are between the third and fourth ridge-lines on the northwest peninsula. After seeing the photos, mission control has determined a warning message was left by someone/thing.

Now have 2 photos of motobionts and 23 photobionts. Plus they gave me a new map with some things flagged, I'm off to check those out now.

Have you noticed how pushy and impatient Kryp can get if you don't do his bidding fast enough?

Taking photos in the hills is tricky too. Wasted plenty of shots trying to master that.

edit on 5-3-2014 by tanda7 because: sp

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Have you noticed how pushy and impatient Kryp can get if you don't do his bidding fast enough?
Oh yes. He got mad because I already had to sites plotted out in another area.

Taking photos in the hills is tricky too. Wasted plenty of shots trying to master that.
I got one pic where it was a close up of the ridge. Useless.
Then there's the submissions that look fine until you upload them, then suddenly I need to get closer to identify.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
DarkBlade, have you taken the plundge yet?
It's worth a look at the least.

btw. I still have 3 invites, but I don't think they are needed.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

btw. I still have 3 invites, but I don't think they are needed.

I sent out the invites just to get that merit badge. I was hoping if I got enough of them I would unlock something.
I also got one person to join to see if that changed anything. Still just have the 6 merit badges, but I'm trying to do things to get another surprise one like that one I got for three photobiots in one photo.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Nope, not yet,
it got lost in the daily grind.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Gahh! I drove my rover off a cliff by accident!
The map said it was a restricted area, so I stopped short of it, but it somehow got pulled in.
I snapped a shot and got a recording before it died.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Ouch! that sucks.
Are they gonna give you a new one?

I tried to cross that red line once. I guess it's a good thing I tried it on level ground.

Did you find Robert Turing's Rover? I've been looking for that thing for days. The only thing I can figure is it must be moving around a lot.

Hope they give you a new rover so you don't have to start over!

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Try immediately west of Arc de Triomphe.
I was circling the 'fingers' for quite a while.
I don't have any panoramic imaging left, so it was rough going.

Have you been hearing from Kryptex?

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

now all the rovers are apparently taken? wtf kinda game is this?

i suggest the mods delete this post, as it is totally irrelevant now.

and yeah im mad.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

Read more of the thread, that's part of the game.
Keep checking your email and junk email folder.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 05:52 PM
link   
You'll get there.
Kryptex88 knows of your interest.

posted on Mar, 25 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MorpheusUSA

i got the same email from some account named "kryptex"

i dont like this site at all. first you get rejected, then get some weird email not connected to the game site, from some creepy unkown source, claiming to not trust the site, but they want you to trust them.

i dont fkin think so mate.

posted on Mar, 26 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

Check your PM.
It's a decent game.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join