It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive: Islamist Terror Enclave Discovered in Texas

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

I did not imply that a person should take anything that anyone says at face value. I distrust the Federal government as much as any free-thinking man. Claims made in the OP article are supported by facts and reports, which we can be reasonably sure of. The article was released by a private organization, by the way.

And yes, the terrorist card has been overplayed by various government agencies and politicians to expand budgets and power at the expense of civil liberty. That doesn't necessarily mean there are no terror threats, and personally, I don't trust this Federal government to catch them all.
edit on 19-2-2014 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

OpenMindedRealist

I did not imply that a person should take anything that anyone says at face value. I distrust the Federal government as much as any free-thinking man. Claims made in the OP article are supported by facts and reports, which we can be reasonably sure of. The article was released by a private organization, by the way.

And yes, the terrorist card has been overplayed by various government agencies and politicians to expand budgets and power at the expense of civil liberty. That doesn't necessarily mean there are no terror threats, and personally, I don't trust this Federal government to catch them all.
edit on 19-2-2014 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

yes, i'm aware that the article was issued by a private organization...what i take exception to is that private organization's ties, and obvious agenda, and how a certain member here seems to think it's complete fact, completely ignoring those ties, and agenda...also how that person seems to keep either not having their facts straight, or outright lying about things, to strengthen their case.

and as i said, i'm not saying there's no threats...to believe THAT was the case would be naive....what i'm saying is that i don't believe the threat is as massive as the government would have us believe...if i start my car, it's not going to blow up, if i go get the mail in the morning, there's not gonna be a dude with a suicide vest in my mailbox screaming "I KILL YOU!"....and if i get on a plane, there is an absolutely EXCELLENT chance that there's NOT gonna be a terrorist on it, ready to blow me, and my fellow travelers to kingdom come....

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I already stated it once. Stop talking to me. I am not going to reply to you again.
Got it? Give it up.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Libertygal

I already stated it once. Stop talking to me. I am not going to reply to you again.
Got it? Give it up.

(in this post, i actually AM talking to you)

lol, you know, it's not all about you.....i replied to a point you made...refuted said point, exposed it as BS....that's all i did, so that people can see what you're peddling.

if you choose not to defend your point, then i shall consider said point conceded...

you started this by flying off the handle, overreacting, libeling me, LYING to me, and then refusing to discuss facts, because you couldn't...you chose to instead throw out red herrings, strawmen, and constantly tried to deflect from the fact that your argument had the strength of wet tissue...you'd rather mischaracterize me, in an attempt to marginalize me....very poor form, and certainly not what i'd expect from someone who's been here for just over 4 years.

i'm not going to NOT reply to posts you make when you present inaccurate information, and LIES as truth...to do any less would be unfair...

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

I choose to not reply to you because I lose my temper easily with trolls and idiots. I prefer to keep my account, so I choose to not reply.

Think whatever you want, pumpkin. Whatever makes you feel better.

Having an opinion misunderstood is one thing.

Calling someone a liar and accusing them of being deceitful is totally another.

Practice what ye preach, oh hypocritical one.

Your true colors are showing.

Just sayin...
And this WILL be my last response.

I am asking you, nicely, once more. Leave me alone. Please.

With sugar on top?

edit on 20-2-2014 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Libertygal

I choose to not reply to you because I lose my temper easily with trolls and idiots. I prefer to keep my account, so I choose to not reply.

Think whatever you want, pumpkin. Whatever makes you feel better.

Having an opinion misunderstood is one thing.

Calling someone a liar and accusing them of being deceitful is totally another.

Practice what ye preach, oh hypocritical one.

Your true colors are showing.

Just sayin...
And this WILL be my last response.

I am asking you, nicely, once more. Leave me alone. Please.

With sugar on top?

-sigh- it's not all about you...

if i reply to something you say that is factually inaccurate, or flat out made up, i'm not necessarily talking directly to you, i'm pointing out the bad information.

it's not worth it to talk directly to you, because you don't listen, can't take criticism, and would rather call people names, and libel them, than discuss the facts.

you did lie, and you were deceitful. you accused me of saying things i didn't, you tried to paint me as an anti-semite, you made things up (such as the daniel pearl point you kept harping on), which i pointed out...your argument is weak, and you'd rather attack me, than even TRY to defend any of the things i called you on...

sure, i'll be happy to leave you be, but that doesn't mean i won't keep pointing out bad information when you peddle it..

now could you PLEASE stop derailing the damned thread?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   

deadcalm

Why now?
reply to post by vkey08

Excellent question. I wonder, what, if anything the recent release of the attack on that power sub-station a year ago in California? It seems coincidental does it not that though both of these incidents of "home grown terrorism" took place quite a while ago, we are only hearing about it now? Does make one think....

You are the only one that got what I was going for...
Instead of all of this bickering back and forth about groups and who knew what and when, why now.... Why are we just being informed (albeit this time from a private group with a very nasty agenda) about this en masse?

I can't help but keep hearing warning's in the back of my head that keep sayin what's up, are they preparing us for the next big kaboom?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Libertygal
reply to post by buster2010

You cannot discount the fact that it is the same group that kidnapped and killed Daniel pearl.

You cannot discount the fact that they have the leader on video saying the things he said, in English. Admitting the things he did.

You cannot discount the fact that they have footage inside the terror training camps, showing exactly what their motivations and goals are.

Go ahead and continue to shoot the messengers all you want, that's your perogative.

Some people choose to see reality staring them in the face, however.

The people responsible for his death is either dead or in prison. And why is he more important than any other reporter that's been killed seeing how you keep bringing him up.

These people haven't broken any laws in America if they had our let's kill all terrorist government would have already done something about them and used it as propaganda to expand the war even further possibly to the point of marshal law.

Keep spreading your propaganda some people are dumb enough to fall for it.
edit on 20-2-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
That group listing early on in the the thread lists one name that should automatically label as BS anything and everything they say or imply. Daniel Pipes, master of BS and Israeli propaganda... enough said!

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:25 AM
link   

buster2010

Libertygal
reply to post by buster2010

You cannot discount the fact that it is the same group that kidnapped and killed Daniel pearl.

You cannot discount the fact that they have the leader on video saying the things he said, in English. Admitting the things he did.

You cannot discount the fact that they have footage inside the terror training camps, showing exactly what their motivations and goals are.

Go ahead and continue to shoot the messengers all you want, that's your perogative.

Some people choose to see reality staring them in the face, however.

The people responsible for his death is either dead or in prison. And why is he more important than any other reporter that's been killed seeing how you keep bringing him up.

These people haven't broken any laws in America if they had our let's kill all terrorist government would have already done something about them and used it as propaganda to expand the war even further possibly to the point of marshal law.

Keep spreading your propaganda some people are dumb enough to fall for it.
edit on 20-2-2014 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

in case you missed it, i demonstrated how that particular point was BS....i friggin hate disinformation..

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

vkey08

deadcalm

Why now?
reply to post by vkey08

Excellent question. I wonder, what, if anything the recent release of the attack on that power sub-station a year ago in California? It seems coincidental does it not that though both of these incidents of "home grown terrorism" took place quite a while ago, we are only hearing about it now? Does make one think....

You are the only one that got what I was going for...
Instead of all of this bickering back and forth about groups and who knew what and when, why now.... Why are we just being informed (albeit this time from a private group with a very nasty agenda) about this en masse?

I can't help but keep hearing warning's in the back of my head that keep sayin what's up, are they preparing us for the next big kaboom?

i do apologize again for the bickering...i believe it's over now.

as to why now....i believe the article you posted in the OP was a rehash of a report made years ago, with some alarmist fear language thrown in...

i don't think we're being prepared for anything going kaboom....at least not by this....again, the group that published this article appears to be a pro-israel group with a very obvious slant and agenda..i'm thinking it's just ignorant bigotry, from an outlet that seems to specialize in it.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Daedalus

i don't think we're being prepared for anything going kaboom....at least not by this....again, the group that published this article appears to be a pro-israel group with a very obvious slant and agenda..i'm thinking it's just ignorant bigotry, from an outlet that seems to specialize in it.

You are right, not really !!!!kabom!!!! that is soo outdated unless radicalism goes wild, but is another way to bring a country to its knees from within.

And that is with infiltration and like the song said "time is in my side" or let say in the side of those that hate the US enough to take the time to do it, and radical Islam is not the only one.

And that is where the danger comes, slowly but surely one state at a time, enclaves are growing and that is a fact.

Majority rule and when a community gets invaded and the native citizens become the minority everything change to complement the majority.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   
A statement was made that brings forward an interesting question. Let's dig in and see what we can find, shall we?

"Daniel pearl was on his way to interview Gilani (head of Jamaat ul-Fuqra), when he was kidnapped by a group calling themselves the "National Movement for the Restoration of Pakistani Sovereignty"....funny, that doesn't sound like "Jamaat ul-Fuqra", or "Muslims of America".

That's correct. Gilani often operated under multiple fictitious names, and his behind many fake organizations.

It sounds fake. So what can we find about it?

www.start.umd.edu...

Headquartered at the University of Maryland, START supports the research efforts of leading social scientists at more than 50 academic and research institutions,

www.start.umd.edu...

The National Movement for The Restoration of Pakistani sovereignty has only been associated with one attack in it's history, and it is unlikely that the group was actually responsible. Given it's questionable existance, and lack of subsequent claims of responsibility, it is reasonable to assume the group is inactive.

Keep in mind, the US arrested 3 people based on the claims of this group. Hmm. One of them made a confession, then rescinded, and was sentenced to death, yet, the wideheld belief is, the organization was bogus, a front end to something else, to begin with. Ties between all parties to Gilani have been shown.

So, the next possible answer would be the person(s) he was going to see. That would be Gilani. Like a drug deal gone bad, Pearl was set set up. He went straight to his abductors', eventual murderers' hands. Imagine that scenario, then, attempt to explain why, if our own government believed this, they would allow the convictions of 3 innocents, one, with death sentences, to stand.

By that same token, why would they then allow that same kidnapper and murderer to build, and maintain, terror cells in the U.S., with this knowledge being widespread across other nations, excepting our own?

I am alleged to be spreading disinformation... I post facts, which can be verified by links. People may not like my sources, so I always make an attempt to find multiple sources.

Every single source I have found has been shot down for one reason, or another. Can you not begin to see how absurd this is looking?

Perhaps it is not the source, but, the messenger, me, that is being shot down? Just look through the pages of the thread, and a reasonable person can make that assertion.

What information am I presenting that perhaps someone doesn't want you to see?

Below are several links from several sources that verify the exact same story as has been reported. However, some are from outside our country. Unless you so widely believe that we can actually influence other governments, and their news, investgations, and terrorism reporting to such a degree, you must find the evidence stands on it's own merits.

Here are several messengers to shoot. Can hardly wait to see the excuses why these are not legitimate, and why everything I am saying is just a lie.

Think for yourselves, people! The truth is out there, and regardless of what someone else wants, or doesn't want you to see, you can ultimately make up your own minds!

Did Colorado Fake an investigation into this group, to make the US government look bad? What reason would they have for faking it?

www.investigativeproject.org...

This is from Kashmir, India.

From the Kashmir News, via the Wayback Machine:

web.archive.org...://www.kashmirherald.com/september2002/aboutkh.html

Volume 2, No. 4 - September 2002

About Kashmir Herald

Kashmir Herald is the voice of Kashmiri Hindus. It is an attempt by few Kashmiri
Hindus to unmask the truths behind the mayhem perpetrated in the name of
religion in the State of Jammu & Kashmir in India.

web.archive.org...://www.kashmirherald.com/profiles/jamaatulfuqra.html

web.archive.org...://www.kashmirherald.com/index1.html

Muslims of the Americas, a tax-exempt group established in the US in 1980 by Gilani, operates communes of primarily black, American-born Muslims in many states
including in Binghamton in New York, Badger in California, York in South California and Red House in Virginia. JF is reportedly linked through court documents to the Muslims of
Americas.

Gilani is now in Pakistani custody for the abduction of US journalist Daniel Pearl. Official sources in Pakistan have indicated that Daniel Pearl was attempting to meet Gilani in the days before he disappeared in Karachi. Pakistani police arrested Gilani in Rawalpindi on January 30, 2002 and shifted him to Karachi for questioning. Although he denied any link to the abduction, police also detained several of his colleagues. Consequent to his arrest, he reportedly told his interrogators that he had links with the Pakistani intelligence agencies.

With the State Department outlawing Fuqra and listing it as one of the proscribed groups in its annual reports, the activities of the outfit decreased relatively.

JF cadres are suspects in at least 10 unsolved assassinations and 17 firebombing cases between 1979 and 1990.

Colorado law enforcement agencies convicted five JF cadres for defrauding the Colorado government of approximately $350,000 compensation claims.

Courtesy:
South Asia Terrorism Portal
(Much more info at the link)

From Wikipedia, yes, yes, I know.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

The group itself is not listed as a terror group by the US or the EU, but was listed as a terrorist organization in the 1999 Patterns of Global Terrorism report by the U.S. State Department. [6]It operates two front groups: Muslims of the Americas.

Gilani, who lives in Pakistan and
was questioned there in connection with the
abduction of Daniel Pearl,[10] founded the group on a trip to the United States.

al-Fuqra itself is not listed as a terror group by the US or the EU (it was listed as a terrorist organization in the 1999 Patterns of Global Terrorism report by the U.S.

www.youtube.com...

A video showing images of the camps inside the US. A multipart series of TRUTH, straight from Gilani's mouth to your ears and eyes, if you can handle it. If not, skip on by. Nothing to see here but more propoganda.

2001-2009.state.gov...

Jamaat ul-Fuqra Designated a Foreign
Terrorist Organization? (Taken Question)

Question: The group headed by Shaykh Gilani used to be designated by the State Department as a terrorist group but it was taken off the list. Why?

Answer: Jamaat ul-Fuqra has never been designated as a Foreign Terrorist Organization. It was included in several recent annual terrorism reports under "other terrorist groups," i.e., groups that had carried out acts of terrorism but that were not formally designated by the Secretary of State. However, because of the group's inactivity during 2000, it was not included in the most recent terrorism report covering that calendar year.

Released on January 31, 2002

No mention of since, of course!

Think for yourselves! Why would our government, who refuses to commit any "War on terror", or even use the word "terrorism", try so hard to hide the existance of these groups, that have been "operating for decades" since the investigation began in 2006? Why are they allowing them to remain in place, knowing full well what they are doing, and what their intent is? These are things you must ask yourselves if you wish to arrive at any truth.

Watch the videos, if you can, and hear it in their own words. It isn't rainbows and lolipops, I can promise you this. Otherwise, you have been fed enough information that should spur you to investigate further for yourselves.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I find it telling that suddenly its a new fear all muslims day. have fun with that. perhaps you can convince people killing muslims is good again... bit of a downswing going on there.
edit on 20-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   

OpinionatedB
I find it telling that suddenly its a new fear all muslims day. have fun with that. perhaps you can convince people killing muslims is good again... bit of a downswing going on there.
edit on 20-2-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

Which I think was my roundabout point Oh great Czar of Press and Communications

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Well thank the bush ear for that one, because that is exactly what he did when invading two countries in the name of fighting terrorism, now we have a president that wants to change that and call them friends while catering to their needs in the middle east, after our nations last government killed soo many.

The irony, the agendas the hypocrisy, the danger, and that last one is real.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

m.us.wsj.com...

February 18, 2014 3:50 PM
Assault on California Power Station
Raises Alarm on Potential for Terrorism
April Sniper Attack Knocked Out Substation, Raises Concern for Country's Power Grid

By REBECCA SMITH

SAN JOSE, Calif.—The attack began just before 1 a.m. on April 16 last year, when someone slipped into an underground vault not far from a busy freeway and cut telephone cables.
Within half an hour, snipers opened fire on a
nearby electrical substation. Shooting for 19
minutes, they surgically knocked out 17 giant
transformers that funnel power to Silicon Valley. A minute before a police car arrived, the shooters disappeared into the night.

Having done a ton of research that validates all of the info contained in the OP, and, the group spoken of in OP having been accused of being linked to similar activies as described in the above article, perhaps this is in part, at least, an answer to your question.

Documents found in one terror camp in relation to attacks on power grids, power plants, and infrastructure were found by the FBI, it was revealed by declassified FBI documents. This has been a hot topic of discussion of late, and a big concern for major cities.

The motive of the Clarion Group, from the OP, was to bring awareness of the groups' existance to the public at large, and, to sign a petition asking the State Department to recognize them as a terrorist organization. Obviously, previous reports on their existance had failed to reach a majority of the public, as has been evidenced in the response to this thread, alone.

From the link above in the research post, as well as the link in the OP, the State Department refuses to recognize, and label them as a terrorist organization, although they (State Dept) admit they have been involved in terrorist activities.

The answer to the question from the State Department barely makes sense in itself, and sounds a lot like the double-speak we have gotten used to hearing from the government. They are not a terrorist organization, but have committed terrorist acts. Really? Those critical of the government are actually aiding in the coverup, by refusing to acknowledge the truth, you are helping the very government you claim to abhor hide their existance from the public. Way to go!

If any of us were to be arrested, for having commited a "terrorist act,", you can guarantee that label would stay with us for life. Not only that, you can guarantee we would be prosecuted, and spend a fair amount of time in prison.

Like the guy who is being prosecuted for having a box of bullets in his house, but no firearm with which to shoot them. He faces two years in prison.

m.washingtontimes.com... to shoot it.

Why the reluctance from our government to be consistant, at least? Considering a goodly portion of these people are black American Muslim converts, mainly converts from local prisons. Already known felons...

Oh, wait...

Maybe THAT'S it. The Polar Bear Hunters Extraordinaire. Ya think?

Nowhere, do I see the advocated killing of anyone. That in itself is a bogus statement, meant to incite repulsion and disgust at the movement. Red herring.

What I see is an online drive to sign a petition to get the State Department to recognize the groups that, according to the FBI as well as said State Department, that have committed terrorist acts, to finally call them what they are, a terrorist organization. Then I see verifiable proof, with links, to support why this is a good idea, and how and why this has been both covered up and hidden from the American public.

Instead of being incensed at the government for abhorent behavior and enablement, we have the knee-jerk reactionism to the messengers, simply because they were Jewish supporters, or Jewish themselves, thereby, they MUST have an agenda. Certainly, it musn't be the other way around.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

I've been lucky. I've always worked in small tactical teams my entire career. We always looked at the infantry as a use as needed resource. Did half of my career in SOCOM. We always thought for ourselves, and often disobeyed orders over the radio because we were there and the dipsnips in there rear were not.

Drives me up the wall when people say that Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines are brainwashed. We ARE NOT! A person in their parents basement can spout all the crap they want (while playin' Call of Duty), but they really have no clue.

As an infantryman I take great offense to these statements. I applaud the seals, delta, and all the specialist. In today's world they have a special place and are increasingly important. But they are very small, used as needed, and in recent years often deployed when they should not have been.

Look you Can Not fight and win a war without the infantry. But, with proper use of the specialist you may not have to fight the war. Look, each one of these specialist cost millions. They should not be used accept in appropriate circumstances., period. We are getting to frivolous with our use of special forces.

Having said that, they do appear to be a great tool against terrorist. But let us not forget that we would be speaking German or Japanese if it were not for the infantry and Marines....

Hooooorah

The Bot

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Libertygal

Here we go....this is all i wanted...for you to at least TRY to defend your points, without resorting to name-calling....now we can dance..

That's correct. Gilani often operated under multiple fictitious names, and his behind many fake organizations.

ok, awesome...would you care to list some of them?

you cherry picked information from your link, that made what you said look legit....reading their WHOLE profile on the NMRPS, it mentions the pearl abduction/execution, it says that Sheikh Omar Saeed, one of the leaders of a terrorist group called Jaish-e-Mohammed (JeM), had confessed, but later recanted, but was, regardless, still sentenced to death, for his suspected involvement. what your profile doesn't say, and what you left out from the part of my post that you quoted here, is that In 2007, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed stated that he had personally beheaded Pearl...

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed is(or rather was), if you believe everything in the report, a very high-ranking member of Al-Qaida, and allegedly the mastermind of the 9/11 attacks.

anyway, after this, you sort of spiral off into a confused series of questions, baseless assertions, accusations, and article links, not having actually established any clear, solid connections between the people and organizations you claim have connections..you're all over the place...

and in this post, and in the subsequent one, you are basically implying that i'm trying to hide the truth, or mislead people...sure, you don't mention me by name, but we both know damned well what you're on about, because let's face it, i'm the only one who's disagreed with you this strongly, and i'm the only one to call you out on factually inaccurate postings, AND i'm the only one you've, for no good reason, flipped out on, and gone completely off the deep end over......i hope people take your advice, and think for themselves...because they sure as hell won't be well served ONLY checking the rubbish links you provided....i hope they go out, and do their own research, and find the truth....

now then, i'll ask, because it HAS to be asked...

do you have some sort of problem with muslims, and middle-easterners? you defend a website with links to pro-israel organizations, and is very obviously anti-muslim....they use sensational, alarmist language, they have a VERY obvious slant and agenda, that you seem to agree with....so honestly, what is your problem with these people, as a whole?

do you believe they're ALL terrorists and criminals? or do you just not like them because they're different? i'm not making any accusations here, i'm simply trying to understand your position, explain it to me....please..
edit on 20-2-2014 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Oh Great Czar of Coffee, Caffeinated Beverages and Scepters I bow to your humble opinions... I just like being blunt, I am a rather blunt personality, if you haven't noticed...

I am wondering, like you, where the next kaboom is gonna come from... it's quite obvious that there is a reason to be trying to drum up fresh hatred and fear...

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join