It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA Brain-RAM interface: Just download new skills and memories into your brain RAM module.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
"DARPA seeks new methods for analysis and decoding of neural signals in order to understand how neural stimulation could be applied to facilitate recovery of memory encoding following brain injury. Ultimately, it is desired to develop a prototype implantable neural device that enables recovery of memory in a human clinical population. Additionally, the program encompasses the development of quantitative models of complex, hierarchical memories and exploration of neurobiological and behavioral distinctions between memory function using the implantable device versus natural learning and training."

www.fbo.gov...

Matrix II skill download?

This could help people with mental disorders,PTSD,memory deficits, and traumatic brain injury. But as you know you can use this for not so good applications. What if people could implant memories or screen memories from people using technology like this?

Imagine if you could beam memories into people mind on the fly or upload memories to be scrutinized remotely. Zero privacy.
Even your thoughts are not private anymore. lol
This could be used in medicine for real good(memory deficits,amnesia,PTSD, severe depression,Alzheimer's disease)or for real evil(sex slaves,worker slaves,combat slaves,ultra-censorship,ultra eavesdropping, extremely effective personality shaping,Pavlovian conditioning on steroids, quasi-invisibility, direct mind propaganda,direct mind gas lighting,mind terrorism,etc)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Yikes !!

It could even be used to make people "switch" political parties !!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
"Total Recall", sometime in the near future, walk into your local "Total Recall" franchise during your lunch hour and have the memory of a luxurious first class round the world cruise downloaded....all for a fee....then get back to work like a good prole. No more pesky vacation time to disrupt your productivity.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Also, where is all of your private information stored? Pin codes, Bank accounts, Passwords, Your home, Your loved one's....etc..etc

All stored in your memory and now some one just needs to kill you, take out the chip and upload all the information to a computer...

think it wouldn't happen? we do worse to each other already...

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   
If I am understnading this right could this not also be used to control history in a way. If you can control and write a persons memory could you not control what went on historically froma memory point of view?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   
From my point of view, this is another one of those technologies that could be both good or bad, depending on how it is used.

As mentioned before, this would be best if used for those with brain debilitating diseases, or those that have had head trauma of some kind. Another spot that I can see it benefiting (at least, as far as downloading new skills goes) is that it could mean that kids wouldn't need to spend so long in school. You can rant on me, but I remember how many days I wished that I could just "know" something in 10 minutes, just so I could go hiking when I got home.

However, as with any new technology or concepts that make one "more than human", this probably would not be used for our benefit. For example, when the tech comes out, it'll probably expensive to the point that once again, only the rich or powerful would be the first to receive it. Second, if it grants a user the ability to download skills, guess who is going to be out of a job: Those of us that cannot afford, or refuse to bond with the tech. Finally, and this is something that we should know right now - We don't know everything on how the brain functions. Sure, putting in room for more memories, extra slots for skills, or a higher cpu for processing more information may seem like a great idea, at first. But looking at my technology here at home - my 9 year old laptop with XP has outlasted any other laptop I've bought, despite the newer laptop having more room, and a better processor. My bet is human brains work better without enhancements.

-fossilera

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Looks to me like they could be doing the whole live die repeat thing. . . .

posted on Jan, 28 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Sakrateri

Or they can just steal your wallet or purse....im just sayin...

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:59 PM
link   
With this technology we could essentially download anything and instantly learn all information ever stored FTW!

posted on Jan, 31 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   
This is full on I know kung fu from Matrix type of tech.

posted on Feb, 3 2015 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Just think if you could download any knowledge ever recorded you would be a real know it all!

top topics

join