It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayhem Grips Ukrainian Capital

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:07 AM
link   
The more I read into this Ukraine situation, the more I am convinced that it will not go well.

With corrupt leadership, no resolve will be forthcoming.

The US and EU can beg, appeal, threaten, sanction all they want. But without good and honest leadership, no peaceful resolve will be coming any time soon.

We can talk all day long about "puppets" in power, here and abroad, but if a leader is corrupt, evil, or just plain wrong, no amount of protest or pressure will enable peace to reign.

Just my humble 2 cents.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
You would think with all of the challenges we are going to face in the future caused by factors outside our control such as the environment and space objects we would wouldn't waste so much time trying to build and maintain empires. If history is anything to go by they will all collapse eventually. In a thousand years it's likely no one will have heard of the EU, USA or whatever the new USSR might be called outside a history book anyway.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Dozens of people have been killed and injured in renewed clashes in Kiev that have shattered a ceasefire agreement that only held for a few hours. Central Kiev erupted in battles, smoke, grenades and gunfire on Thursday morning as bands of young male protesters drove riot police lines back from Independence Square and took control over a much larger swath of territory.
President Yanukovych has blamed the latest violence on the protesters, accusing them of using firearms against the police. A statement from his office said. “They are shooting to kill. The number of dead and injured among police officers is dozens.” Protesters say the police have fired multiple live rounds, a claim that appeared to be supported by video and photographic evidence.

Russia continues to use aggressive rhetoric about the crisis. Prime minister Dmitry Medvedev urged President Yanukovych not to be a “doormat”. Foreign minister Sergie Lavrov accused the EU of “blackmail” by threatening sanctions.

Three European foreign ministers are in Kiev for separate talks with opposition leaders and President Yanukovych’s government, in an effort to end the bloodshed. Later today European foreign minsters will discuss imposing sanctions on Ukraine’s leaders.
A senior municipal official in Kiev is reported to have resigned from President Yanukovych’s Party of the Regions, over a decision to close the metro system. Interfax reported that city boss Vladimir Makeyenko has resigned from the ruling party and ordered the metro to be reopened after it was closed to stop protesters reinforcing Independence Square from outside.

The EU and the US are threatening targeted sanctions against Ukranian officials they hold responsible for the violence in Kiev that has killed at least 26 people and injured more than 200. In a foretaste of the broader package of sanctions under consideration, the US announced on Wednesday that it had imposed visa travel bans on around 20 senior members of the Ukrainian government.
Barack Obama has sharply criticised Russian support for the crackdown in Ukraine, calling for a transitional government in Kiev and personally accusing Vladimir Putin of failing to respect basic freedoms in both countries. In his most explicit comments yet on alleged Kremlin involvement, Obama said: “Our goal is to make sure that the people of Ukraine are able to make decisions for themselves about their future ... There are times, I hope, where Russia will recognise that over the long term they should be on board with those values and interests as well. Right now there are times where we have strong disagreements.”

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 20-2-2014 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Not sure if it change anything but i think what was in that video: VIDEO

was an air rifle. Notice how you never see him shoot unlike the pistol guy.

Something in the vein of: THIS

Just saying

edit on 20-2-2014 by Treasurechase because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

This is so heartbreaking, these people are so brave.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
@ruptly:
death toll rizes to 64
67 policemen being held hostages
rioters seized Presidency buildnig
the top medic for the protesters says that at least 70 opposition activist were killed in Kiev on Thursday alone
anonymous jumps in to put down Ukranian police web site

Meanwhile how stupid EU politicians are justifying their paychecks with more stupid proposals:

The EU Council’s draft statement on the situation in the former Soviet Republic suggests a ban on the shipment to Ukraine of “arms, dual-use technology, and means that can be used for internal repression” by all members of the European Union, reports Itar-Tass.

edit on 20-2-2014 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Treasurechase

Just look at the helmet to.

Not the first time i have seen them.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   

UnbiasedTruth
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

You, sir, are either completely blind or just haven't watched any of the videos. I've seen Ukrainian police beat people in the fetal position with batons, I even remember seeing a man laying on the ground, obviously unconscious, with riot police stepping over him only to stop and take swings at him.

Both sides are being extremely violent and careless in this awful situation and for you to say otherwise is ignorant and proof that you haven't watched the videos in their entirety.

You, sir, are either completely blind or just haven't watched any of the videos.

Your qutie wrong on that part look at my threads i have being following the event since it started in Nov 2013 these protests were long planned before the treaty with the EU was thrown out.

Its clear what these protesters want and thats regime change, these protesters had training from overseas.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Stormdancer777

That pic reminds me of how the Syrian rebels for some reason.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
We need to be very skeptical of any footage we see. And equally skeptical about any emotions we feel. Propaganda always swirls around such events. And people will stop at nothing to insure that "their side" looks to be in the right.

Propaganda feeds on emotions. And eats logic.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Crazy...

A doctor has said that 70 protesters have been killed just today.
59 police have been captured by protesters and the violence is just escalating.
It's harrowing watching this on the news.

We should be thankful that we live in nations where we are not shot at and killed when we protest.
I know there has been violence and shootings from both sides, but still, we're lucky, no matter how much we complain, to have the kinds of freedoms we do.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Moresby

I don't know what is going on, but the world is in upheaval, and there is mass confusion, and brother is against brother.
cnsnews.com...

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

We do? you think they wouldn't shoot eventually?

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Well of course they would eventually.
But when we had the riots in the UK and shops were burnt, places looted and all manner of chaos was taking place on the streets... police did not shoot a single person.
They weren't even allowed to use water canons because they were deemed too dangerous.

Granted if people started shooting at the police of course it would lead to exchanges of fire, but the police would not be sat up high, picking people off at random as seems to be happening at the moment in Kiev.

Maybe the US is different but there were several violent clashes during the occupy protests and others and I don't remember the police shooting too many people.

Hell even Egypt was relatively blood free as the military came in to protect the protesters.

The Ukraine though.... all hell has broken loose.

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Double post

edit on 20/2/14 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Stormdancer777
reply to post by Moresby

I don't know what is going on, but the world is in upheaval, and there is mass confusion, and brother is against brother.
cnsnews.com...

Or that's what some very powerful people want us to believe.
edit on 20-2-2014 by Moresby because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Treasurechase
Not sure if it change anything but i think what was in that video: VIDEO

was an air rifle. Notice how you never see him shoot unlike the pistol guy.

Something in the vein of: THIS

Just saying

edit on 20-2-2014 by Treasurechase because: (no reason given)

looks like an Smk b4. really cheap and nasty

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join