It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China beginning to dump?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MessageforAll

Ok interesting....so ya once again this leads to..why would EU/Belgium do it? Of course I like to hypothesize of military protection and crap like that cause its fun but I have no idea...there was a recent article on yahoo that I almost made a thread on...about Germany starting to seek talks with Russia...maybe Europe is divided over some things...ill try to find that article and link it.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

I'm not an economics expert either, but from what I understand...

1) China knows that the US is in trouble financially. They know that the US dollar won't be the world's reserve currency for long, so they are dumping US treasuries (which is essentially debt) onto the market.
2) Belgium is picking up that debt to keep the game going - essentially kicking the can down the road a little longer. Belgium, and the EU, are US allies. They are supporting the US by buying the treasuries - keeping the US as the reserve currency in the short term.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

And they just increased taxes here and reduce our health care. So our prime minister and and minister of economics have bought their next tickets to Bilderberg meetings.. cos its obvious they are not working for our country anymore.

Funny thing i have also seeked the news here and there is nothing about this either..

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by dingleberry77

I got ya ok ..i was kind of figuring that...I sadly really just dont know anything about economics...I try to learn but I find it hard and for every source saying one thing there is 1 saying something else...but this makes sense...

***Does anyone know if there is a disadvantage to China just cashing it all out at once?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

Nice to know your from Belgium. I tried the Tijd, en de morgen, nothing. People here on the forum always talk about how censored they are, but you would be surprised how well Belgium succeeds in this.

Makes one wonder where the NVA comes in place ( Tinfoil head ).

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

That would cause total mayhem. That's something that China does't want. It's just like the cold war. Tiny little steps. A shot here, a shot there.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   

No im not but i heart you as a another citizen of EU ( Finland ).. so you have the same doesn´t surprise me ..

PS.. i love your stunning avatar !
edit on 18-2-2014 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Good. Fine. I'm tired of waiting for this show to kick off. Every few months a new prediction surfaces where a bunch of events come together and a bunch of people on ATS are like "Well I don't normally subscribe to predictions, but all the events lining up on such and such date..." Enough of it, just happen already. We all know it's going to crash, let's just get it over with already.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

We all know it's going to crash, let's just get it over with already.
I think if you knew how much pain and suffering it would cause, you would not say that. Although I am not good at economice or finances, as I understand it, the whole global economy is based on the dollar as a standard, and so many countries have invested in that currency that globally no-one would be safe from the effects of such a crash.

It is not just a huge earthquake or volcano eruption which would cause chaos everywhere, but a financial collapse can easily cause this kind of thing too but on an economic level. It would effect everyone, even down to buying stuff in the supermarket or the corner store, as well as any pensions, credits, or money-in-the-bank. If you suddenly knew your 100 dollars in the bank was now worth 10 dollars or 1 dollar, wouldn't you want to get it out as quickly as possible in case you needed what little was left? People in debt at the bank would have no 'liquid' cash money at all.

Think you would go back to bartering again? Realistically, what in your home is worth anything when there is no-one working or being paid? Maybe a hammer or a tool of some kind, gold or solver bracelets perhaps? Skills are useful, vegetables can be eaten.

Since no company, even the government, has any assets worth speaking about now in this scenario, no money is available to pay anyone to work. How do you pay someone 100 dollars when the value of a dollar has just fallen to virtually nothing?

Essential services would stop as they need people to service and manage them. Water, gas, electricity, hydro-electric generating dams, nuclear power plants, chemical plants, weapon storage facilities would all stop and decay. Some things cannot be left un-attended without disastrous consequences, such as nuclear power plants.

No, I dont think we realise how much it would affect our daily lives.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Germany at the end of 1918 did . Hyperinflation collapsing their Economy after the War . Then along came Der Führer ..........

qmantoo
reply to post by Krazysh0t

We all know it's going to crash, let's just get it over with already.
I think if you knew how much pain and suffering it would cause, you would not say that. Although I am not good at economice or finances, as I understand it, the whole global economy is based on the dollar as a standard, and so many countries have invested in that currency that globally no-one would be safe from the effects of such a crash.

It is not just a huge earthquake or volcano eruption which would cause chaos everywhere, but a financial collapse can easily cause this kind of thing too but on an economic level. It would effect everyone, even down to buying stuff in the supermarket or the corner store, as well as any pensions, credits, or money-in-the-bank. If you suddenly knew your 100 dollars in the bank was now worth 10 dollars or 1 dollar, wouldn't you want to get it out as quickly as possible in case you needed what little was left? People in debt at the bank would have no 'liquid' cash money at all.

Think you would go back to bartering again? Realistically, what in your home is worth anything when there is no-one working or being paid? Maybe a hammer or a tool of some kind, gold or solver bracelets perhaps? Skills are useful, vegetables can be eaten.

Since no company, even the government, has any assets worth speaking about now in this scenario, no money is available to pay anyone to work. How do you pay someone 100 dollars when the value of a dollar has just fallen to virtually nothing?

Essential services would stop as they need people to service and manage them. Water, gas, electricity, hydro-electric generating dams, nuclear power plants, chemical plants, weapon storage facilities would all stop and decay. Some things cannot be left un-attended without disastrous consequences, such as nuclear power plants.

No, I dont think we realise how much it would affect our daily lives.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
i wonder who will buy china's cheep crap then when the war kicks off financially

and will germany ever get back it's 4000 tons of gold from the fed

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by 999zxcv

No one and No .

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Look at who runs the Fed and who the Chairmen of the Fed have been ,do you think they will ever give Germanys Gold back ?? Fat non existent chance !!!

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join