It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question to People of Jewish Faith or Knowledge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I was wondering if there is any significance in the Jewish Faith to the number 100 as in I noticed that from the day of Ariel Sharon I counted 100 days until the end of the Passover feast April 21...if i counted correctly there is 14 weeks and two days between his death and April 21. 94 days from his death to the first day of Passover April 15.

The total lunar eclipse on April 15th will begin the famous lunar tetrad of 2014/15 which has deep significance in Jewish prophecy. Jewish Passover feast begins on that day and ends one week later, on April 21.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
There is not any particular significance to the number 100. The number one hundred and the number 10 break down to the number one in Jewish numerology.
the number 100 is represented by the letter kuf in the Hebrew alphabet which means a monkey.
Of much more significance in Jewish religion is the lunar eclipse. It is stated that the fortune of the Jewish people is tied to the phases of the Moon.
a lunar eclipse is a portent of the decline of the Jewish people
whereas a solar eclipse fortel's the decline of the other nations who's fortunes are tied to the Sun.
now as for anyone who doesn't like that I'm just the messenger

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

The number 100 is represented by the letter Qoph, meaning 'Back of the Head.' The number 10 is represented by the letter Yod, meaning, 'Open hand.' The number 1 is represented by the letter Aleph, meaning 'Ox.'
edit on 18-2-2014 by kissy princess because: additional info

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

Thank you, what I was thinking of is the prophecy that the messiah would come "soon" after Sharon's Death. The Rabbi lived to be 108 and the not was found about 8 weeks after he died, Sharron was also 85. I was looking for a meaning to any of the times.
Thank you for your response.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   

kissy princess
reply to post by dashen

The number 100 is represented by the letter Qoph, meaning 'Back of the Head.' The number 10 is represented by the letter Yod, meaning, 'Open hand.' The number 1 is represented by the letter Aleph, meaning 'Ox.'
edit on 18-2-2014 by kissy princess because: additional info

Thank you, that is interesting.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Abraham was 100 years old (supposedly) when Isaac was born, otherwise I'm not aware of any significance. Significant numbers in Judaism are 7 (the number of God), 12 (Tribes of Israel) and 40 (number that meant "a lot", not necessarily 40.)

Here are some others: The Meaning of Numbers in the Bible

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Thanks guess I was just grasping at straws, hoping there was some major significance somewhere!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Somewhere around here, someone did a thread about Sharon's death being prophetic, but I don't remember what their conclusion was.

For some reason, Christian eschatologists (the really batty ones, generally,) are really into numerology, trying to count weeks of Daniel's year, various Jewish festivals, holy days, etc.

It's been four years since this guy's "rock solid date prediction" failed to come to pass, but he's still at it: watchfortheday.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   

He does get into numbers doesn't he! Well I guess it is because all of the holy books seem to use a lot of numbers!

I am just hoping something good will happen because i am about at the end of what I can endure here!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I am just hoping something good will happen because i am about at the end of what I can endure here!

No kidding. The world's burning and seems to get worse with each passing day. I wonder where it will end.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:37 PM
link   

It is a bit of a reach, but the shofar is sounded 100 times on each day of Rosh Hashanah. =)

As far as gematria is concerned, check out:

billheidrick.com...

Also wikipedia has an article that might be of use to you.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Thank you! wow...it surely is an interesting language!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

O Well , I guess Im one of those batty Christians that feel a strong bond To the Jewish people and live by the old testament.
Sorry to offend you .

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by overanocean

Where in the Old Testament does it tell you that you can use numerology to divine the future, that you should base your life on such, and when you are so obviously wrong as "2010 Rapture" dude was, you should just move the goalposts to try and push more books on gullible people?

That's my definition of "batty". Sorry if you're offended, but I lump that in with the false prophets that the Bible cautions against.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I guess Im still batty.
I beleive in the prophecies Of Isaiah , Ezekiel , And Daniel , just as strongly as I beleive in Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob .
Thats my spirtial strength. You can beleive in what you want . No harm no foul.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

There's nothing wrong with believing in prophecy, but ordering one's life around it, particularly when one has been shown to be wrong (repeatedly -- I watched "Mr 2010 Rapture" move his dates a number of times,) can hardly be seen as living by God's Will. If we focused more on living by God's Will than on worrying about when the End Times would happen, the world would be a better place.

That is a prevalent theme within the New Testament, which I prefer to live my life by.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I personally feel the 2010 rapture idea was a nut just waiting to be cracked. That false prophet was such a nut I didnt give him a second look.
I feel there will come a day that our God will let the believers know when he is here without a shadow of a doubt.
My faith tells me to hold tight with the scriptures , and I still beleive in the prophets of the old ,but the quacks I have seen so far havent impressed me a bit.
I struggle from day to day trying to figure out the outcome of this ridiculous world. All I really have is my faith.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:03 PM
link   

I struggle from day to day trying to figure out the outcome of this ridiculous world. All I really have is my faith.

You and me both, brother, you and me both.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Peace Friend!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

The number 105 is a more prevalent number. It is broken down into 49+7+49. Many biblical numbers like 1365 and 1260 are based on 105. Seth was 105 years old when his son was born.

As far as Ariel Sharon's death, its numerologically irrelavent...at least, when it comes to the biblical numbers. The true Calendar of the Torah is not lunar, but solar only. It starts on the vernal equinox with 30 days per month (except for the 12th month which has 35.25 days), and ends full circle on the vernal equinox again.

The idea that Rosh Kodesh means New Moon was adopted during Babylonian captivity. The only hebrew words for moon found in the Torah are "yareach" and "labana", and none of those occurences attribute the moon to the beginning of the months or the "Rosh Kodeshim".

The only manor in which the Torah acknowledges the moon as part of the calendar is when the Torah says that the moon is for the Holy Days. The moon is what stabilizes our planets tilt, thereby maintaining the almost equidistant four seasons. The Holy Days must be observed in their seasons, so the moon provides the seasons rather than marking the Rosh Kodeshim.

Moon worship in Judaeism is a post-Babylonian, Talmudic and Kabalistic fallacy. It has no place in the Torah, and the practice has brought reproach and discipline to the Jews generation after generation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join