It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Minimum wage hike would kill a half-million jobs: CBO

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by macman

Many cna's, housekeeping, and dietary are paid min wage

I know housekeepng, but CNAs?

Geez. Yeah, CNAs and RNs in my area make really good money.
CNAs start in the $12hr range and RNs make about $60k a year.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

If they raise the minimum wage it will only speed up the dollar crash. People think everything is all well and good but the truth is we are screwed. Inflation is here and keeps grinding away everything you work so hard for. You can see it when you do your grocery shopping. This is why 10 year car loans and leases are becoming common place.

If you make under 14 dollars and hour you are not going to be able to afford food and housing in the nest 2 years because of inflation. This is already a done deal the money is already printed and in the market. The more money they put in the higher the inflation will get. And yet they keep pumping it in.......Hmmm.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by xuenchen

I want my $3 an hour raise for doing nothing also then!

This minimum wage crap needs to stop, IMO of course! People don't realize that will make the cost of your #2 at Mikky D's go to $12 instead of $5.....More than jobs will be lost, you will see companies folding like paper because nobody wants to eat/shop there anymore because of the huge price increases to cover these amounts...

If you want more money in your minimum wage job.....QUIT and go get an education to get a better job....But that is me talking here, someone who doesn't make anywhere near minimum wage, probably why actually also....

Hahahaha, wow... First, your burger not going up by two dollars, more like a quarter. The argument it will hurt is just bogus. In truth it has never worked that way. Point is you want that burger you are gonna buy it period. Recently abc did story that showed exactly the opposite. The employer invested in his company and raised their salaries. Productivity went through the roof and so did profits. Employees turnover and all the expenses involved disappeared.

This model is being repeated all over this country. Listen, there will always be certain people who are consumed with greed and will worship profit above all else. Nothing you can do or say will ever change them.

Look at china, for years they paid nothing for wages and manipulated their currency. Now, they are on the verge of total collapse and will take the world with them. Don't let anyone tell you different, they are in trouble and it is going to be bad. On the flip side, start watching the skies. There are events coming that will divert the world attention away from finances. Earth quakes, volcanoes, terrible meteor storm coming this way.

Another large one just hit over south America and caused an earth quake there. Powers that be playing she'll game with us about it. But look for more and more independent scientists to start talking about it. Needless to say there will be distractions pulling our attention away from such matters as the minimum wage.

I for one think it is way ever due to make it ten plus....

The Bot

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

It is regional.

In my area, a CNA may make closer to $9/hr. That is mostly a recent thing, however. At least here. Before the recent oil boom, wages (and costs) were very low in this area.

I tried to recruit someone who lived in Dallas to work here. In Dallas he makes low 6 digits. Here i was offering him in the range of 70k. On that wage, here, he would have a better standard of living than 100k in dallas would give him. problem is, he carries debt incurred in Dallas, with his wages in Dallas. His debt had priced him out of our local market.

This happens a lot. Cost of living varies greatly from area to area.
edit on 2/19/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join