It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zero Oregon Obamacare Enrollees After Four Months and $305 Million?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Strange things going on with the healthcare website in Oregon.

Seems they got some big Federal grant money and still have not been *Able* to get the bugs out and sign up anybody.

I don't know if the "zero" enrollments is true because *Maybe* some people signed up by phone or mail or ??

Just the same, it looks like grand theft taxpayer again and an investigation is being suggested.

Can somebody from Oregon shed light on this?

More than four months after its scheduled launch and despite receiving $305 million in federal grants and spending at least $160 million on the website, Cover Oregon has not enrolled anyone.

U.S. Rep. Greg Walden (R-OR) and other leaders of the House Energy and Commerce Committee wrote a letter to the General Accountability Office, stating, "The catastrophic breakdown of Cover Oregon is unacceptable, and taxpayers deserve accountability."

Zero Oregon Obamacare Enrollees After Four Months and $305 Million

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Cover oregon is a mess, but that 'zero' is absolutely untrue. I know multiple people here who have signed up and already had things covered by it.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
So nearly a half billion dollars spent just to roll out a lemon and nothing but a bucket of excuses to show for it?

Yup... It holds true from City Council to National Security Council, doesn't it? They all have about the same level of 'go getter' ability. It's all 'done gone' and won't be back in our lifetimes. We'll still pay to chase what used to be though. Oh, we'll pay like we're getting the best in the world. Yikes...

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

captaintyinknots
Cover oregon is a mess, but that 'zero' is absolutely untrue. I know multiple people here who have signed up and already had things covered by it.

Did they actually use the website in question?

Or was it by phone or mail?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

xuenchen

captaintyinknots

Did they actually use the website in question?

Or was it by phone or mail?

I honestly havent gotten into it too much with them, I tend to avoid this topic for the most part, but I do know one person that attempted to use the website, but has still not gotten covered yet.

Its safe to say the website is a massive failure....

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I applied a couple months ago. The only thing I've received in correspondence on my application was having to check some boxes that apparently got unchecked in the application process (I double checked everything). Haven't heard anything back since.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

sence when does it cost $160,000,000 to build a website??

How can the average american let that slip?

It costs somthing like $20.00 to buy a domain name from godaddy, so what was the remaining $159,999,980 spent on? I looked at that site and cant begin to imagin where all that money went...

Remember those 2 or three teens that built a replica obamacare site in three days with just enough money to buy a domain name......

I heard that that site was less complicated and easier to use then the official site.

So again I ask where did the $159,999,980 go?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

THAT *is* the $64 million (inflationary) question.

And it's not limited to just one state either.

The whole thing reeks of corruption all the way.

Somebody's getting rich off this and getting away with it (so far).

The $64,000 Question was rigged !!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

I agree with you, I highly doubt that there are Zero people in oregon signed up. Im pretty sure the info in the OP is wrong. The thing that should be pissing people off is the cost of the website. Anything else about obamacare shouldnt be an issue. I am glad that Americans can all have health insurance like us in canada (although We only pay $50 a month and if you dont pay you still get taken care of). It is truly a great thing but you must understand that no website should cost that much to create.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

WhiteAlice

I applied a couple months ago. The only thing I've received in correspondence on my application was having to check some boxes that apparently got unchecked in the application process (I double checked everything). Haven't heard anything back since.

So you actually got that far on CoverOregon and then it seemed to stall?

Or did you use the Federal website?

Did you try contacting the insurance company?

Maybe they have the problem.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

When I went to the federal website, I was immediately directed to CoverOregon to apply. I applied online and it went smoothly as far as I can tell on my end. I just got a notice stating that two boxes in regards to IRS information in regards to one of my children was left unchecked. That notice came three weeks ago and I returned the correction the next day. Haven't heard anything since. I've been involved with state things enough though to know that bureaucracy is painfully slow so haven't called to see what's up yet. I'll give it a couple more months, lol.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   

snypwsd

It costs somthing like $20.00 to buy a domain name from godaddy, so what was the remaining $159,999,980 spent on? I looked at that site and cant begin to imagin where all that money went...

Remember those 2 or three teens that built a replica obamacare site in three days with just enough money to buy a domain name......

I heard that that site was less complicated and easier to use then the official site.

We had a similar thing up here in Canada with the national gun registry. When they started it they said it would cost around 2 million but after several years and over 2 BILLION it still wasn't working so they scrapped it. Being a web developer myself I wish they had given me a chance - I would have done it for 10 million easy

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Sounds like a boondoggle to me. Hell, that 305 million could have paid the medical bills for all of Oregon by now.

Des

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Isn't it funny how the people with the money never see the simple logic in a statement like yours? They'll spend more trying to determine how to approach a solution to a problem that it would cost to just walk up and fix the original issue. Health seems the latest and greatest..err...example.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Exactly Wrabbit!

Have you seen this new poll? People are not happy, I blame mostly Obamacare, for results such as this poll shows.

Poll: 71% of Obama voters, 55% Democrats 'regret' voting for his re-election.

Article from this link.
washingtonexaminer.com...

Poll from this link.
today.yougov.com...

It's interesting how people are expressing feeling like they have been let down.

Des

(post by jimmyx removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

HaHA

Can you show us any "official" statements from Oregon "officials".

Or have all the pertinent "officials" resigned?

There's 305 million reasons to ask.

Or is jealousy involved?

reply to post by captaintyinknots

I honestly havent gotten into it too much with them, I tend to avoid this topic for the most part, but I do know one person that attempted to use the website, but has still not gotten covered yet.

Its safe to say the website is a massive failure....

edit on Feb-18-2014 by xuenchen because:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

snypwsd

It went into the pockets of Obama's and Pelosi's and Schumer's political cronies. How do you think a man who makes only 400K a year for the last 6 years is now worth 12.2 million (celebreitnetworth.com) and a 10 million Hawaiian Mansion to retire in?

"Book sales"......riiiiiiggght. If you believe that, I've got a bridge to sell you.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It's not just Oregon....

Republicans are launching investigations into three state-run ObamaCare exchanges that are failing disastrously.

Lawmakers are setting their sites on exchanges in Oregon, Maryland and Massachusetts, where Democratic governors embraced the healthcare law, and are demanding to know why their expensive online portals remain useless more than four months after launch.

On Wednesday, four Republicans on the House Energy and Commerce Committee sent a letter to the Government Accountability Office (GAO) requesting a review of the $304 million in federal grants that Oregon received to build its broken website.

Republicans open investigations into ObamaCare’s disaster sites

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Update for you, Xuenchen. Finally got the "welcome letter" for both of my children and I'm currently on hold to scream at them. It's such a big mess that both of my children are uninsured and the mess is mind boggling. Apparently my eldest is Nat Am in their book (although I checked "white") and assigned both to an insurance company that only serves tribal employees of which no parent is an employee off.

So we're not even talking assigning both to IHS, which would've been a grievous mistake. They assigned both to a company that will not cover them and now I have to fight.

new topics

top topics

join