It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Ventre Mufon Dir. for Pennsylvania in new UFO Show on History Channel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
John Ventre the State Mufon Director for Mufon in Pennsylvania is going to debut a new Show on the History Channel about ufo's. The Show debuts Feb. 28th on History Channel. He is a believer who thinks some et's are Observing/studying us, like a science project he says.
Each week the show will look at 3 mufon ufo reports. I did do a search and didn't find this so if it is already on here forgive me. More here:

Tribune Report
edit on 18am28am5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18am28am5091 by data5091 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Thanks! S&F!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by data5091

It should be noted that John Ventre is based in Greensburg, PA (as the article says) which is very close to Kecksburg -- home of the famous "Kecksburg UFO" incident.

I, myself, grew up right outside of Greensburg, and about 7 miles from where the Kecksburg incident occurred (which occurred the year I was born; I was 5 moths old)...

...I know some people say that it could have been a secret U.S. version of the "Nazi Bell" technology, but I always thought that maybe (just maybe) it was an early secret version of the Russian Soyuz capsule -- which is also bell-shaped. I realize that the size of the object as claimed by eyewitnesses was greater than that of a Soyuz capsule, but the eyewitness reports could have mistakenly exaggerated the size, and/or maybe the Russians had an early secret version of the Soyuz that failed because it was too big.

edit on 2/18/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by data5091

I for one am not going to watch that show for a few reasons.

A) Its on History channel, These are the same people who brought you Ancient Aliens. That show is 99% garbage most of what they say can be debunked, Some parts while watching it.

B) Shows that air on North American TV will not give you the whole truth. Why? Because there is no Disclosure yet in north america about ufo's and aliens ( UFO does not mean Alien craft remember that, It could be man made, NON OF THE UFO SHOWS EVER SAY THAT. If they do they talk about the avro car or some other failed attempt.

C) If it goes for more then one season every thing will be repeated, again and again. IE Ancient aliens (every season is the same as the last but in a different order.

D) Didnt Ventura do a show on Mufon?? If you havent seen that episode yet then head to youtube. (I understand that is a tv show aswell but I put more faith in Jesse Ventura then I would the Mufon guy. That man holds a monopoly on all UFO information/reports in the states. I bet you anything there will be no real footage, no real pictures, there will be no new stories as all ufo shows talk about the exact same stories and very Very VERY rarely ever differ from them.

E) UFO and Ghost shows tend to have a dirty little secret that they use in order to make you latch on to their P.O.V. Do you know what it is? I will give you a second or two Ill wait............................................... you still dont know yet?.............................................. Well their secret is that they repeat certain key phrases a minimum of three times per episode. IE Man couldnt do it, they must have had help from Ancient Aliens - Anceint Aliens.

I believe you can learn more then those shows tell you IF you actually put in the time and effort to talk to people, investigate, read reports or even go to a hotspot and witness one for your self (there are thousands of hotspots, just do a google search and find an area near you and see if you can catch a UFO (manmade or alien) on video yourself.

Please dont rely on T.V to give you the truth about anything.

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

Most of your points are spot on but I would suggest you at least give it a shot for one episode. MUFON actually had a (imo) very good TV series a while back called "UFOs Over Earth". They showed real investigations of UFO encounters and came at them from a scientific perspective. Unfortunately, I think only three episodes aired for whatever reason.

This show wasn't on the history channel, true. Nevertheless it gives me hope that another MUFON centered show will be worthwhile.

Here's one of the "UFOs Over Earth" episodes:

posted on Feb, 19 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I have seen that particular episode many times, and it still stands up as a most unusual encounter, esp. the aspect where the ufo was seen to drop something like glitter on trees in the back yard area of the witness. There have been other ufo's observed to do this.

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I wanted to give this thread a bump seeing as the show premiers tomorrow.

I don't know much about John Ventre but the comments at the bottom of the page the OP linked aren't looking too positive. We'll just have to wait and see.

At the bottom of this page there is a short trailer for the show.

MUFON has also recently updated their website, its worth a look.
edit on 28-2-2014 by thesearchfortruth because: eta

posted on Feb, 28 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I won't be watching, ufology has become a joke. All it is anymore is people scrambling to get on TV. And the fact that they call themselves investigators or researchers rounds out the lie. These folks think that UFOs are going to be their ticket to Hollywood. Newsflash! It isn't.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hangar 1 is now a matter of public record. How do you feel MUFON represented itself and the UFO field?

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by CardDown

I missed the first show. I hope to be able to pull it up from On Demand as soon at its available...would be interested to hear what others who saw it thought too.

posted on Mar, 1 2014 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Speaking of mufon: I found this upgrade most welcome.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Here's where to see Hangar 1 online:
www.history.com...

I found a review online that made a number of valid points about the cases presented:
www.jasoncolavito.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

thesearchfortruth
reply to post by snypwsd

Most of your points are spot on but I would suggest you at least give it a shot for one episode. MUFON actually had a (imo) very good TV series a while back called "UFOs Over Earth". They showed real investigations of UFO encounters and came at them from a scientific perspective. Unfortunately, I think only three episodes aired for whatever reason.

This show wasn't on the history channel, true. Nevertheless it gives me hope that another MUFON centered show will be worthwhile.

Here's one of the "UFOs Over Earth" episodes:

I'll give it a shot for sure and try to remain unbiased. But I do expect to hear about something I have already learned about.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

thesearchfortruth
I wanted to give this thread a bump seeing as the show premiers tomorrow.

I don't know much about John Ventre but the comments at the bottom of the page the OP linked aren't looking too positive. We'll just have to wait and see.

At the bottom of this page there is a short trailer for the show.

MUFON has also recently updated their website, its worth a look.
edit on 28-2-2014 by thesearchfortruth because: eta

I was looking at the comments under the trailer and about half of them look like they are just people who work for the company.

They only list one name and they only say one sentence each and of course it is praising the video.

Having been in the music industry I know that that sort of thing is done all the time just like that.

posted on Mar, 2 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CardDown

as I hoped, I was able to pull it up from On Demand, about the only good thing Comcast offers IMO, but getting back to topic, I enjoyed this episode, in dealing with potentially what Presidents knew what, and when. I came away from this show, thinking to myself that of all the people in high places, that possibly/probably knew much about ufo's and the U.S. governments contact with them, that George H.W. Bush had to be the man. Ran the CIA, and was dealing with Jimmy Carter and his interest in the topic, and then of course, went on to become President. He would be numero uno to me.
Eisenhower would be probably number deux.

new topics

top topics

join