It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood asking California for text cuts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Saw this one on drudge.

o.dailycaller.com...

It's from a conservative news crew, so bare that in mind. Hard to believe Hollywood liberals would ask for tax cuts for large businesses. We shall see.

Not sure what forum to put this in, move if necessary.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

From what i've read California is not exactly a business friendly state.

That's why so much movie production has left the state.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

bg_socalif

That sums it up pretty well. During a period of time where the nation as a whole is anything but business friendly, California stands apart of being especially hostile in a number of ways.

This one doesn't come as much of a surprise. Some are crying for a little mercy ...but that's slim and none with Jerry Brown at the helm. People cried for mercy from his Malathion spraying over the population when he was Governor the first time and he just kinda laughed and sent them back up to spray some more.

Jerry Brown is never ..ever...wrong. If something he did wasn't effective, the plan cannot be at fault. It must simply be a lack of doing enough of it....so taxes are likely to go higher there and no lower, I fear.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

bg_socalif

Perhaps Cal. I trying to re-institute the tax rebates for the movie production companies. I actually hope it falls thru so we here in the SouthWest can continue to enjoy the movie making boom currently taking place.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:21 AM
link   
What are Text cuts? LOL

You would think they would give them to them automatically? Besides the gold rush, isn't that what California is "known" for?
(The making of movies.)
edit on 18-2-2014 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Isnt california one of the wealthist states though?

Driving some buisness out into some of poorest states wouldnt be a bad thing surely?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

chiefsmom
What are Text cuts? LOL

You would think they would give them to them automatically? Besides the gold rush, isn't that what California is "known" for?
(The making of movies.)

Stupid AutoCorrect! Lol

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

It really depends on how you define that, I'd think...

California also used to be the fruit basket to the world with produce production out of the Central and Salinas Valleys, but water diversion mixed with waste amid a normally occurring drought cycle has taken that too.

I think many of the wealthy people are in California and many of the blue persuasion for political thinking...but wealthy people and production of wealth to sustain an overall population are two different things.

2012 - $16 Billion in Budget Problems

Now somehow the magic Gov. has managed to turn billions of negative into hundreds of millions of positive surplus in just a year or two where no economic factors have fundamentally changed for the better. Taxes have gone up though, and sure plenty of those, to follow California by family still living there.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

chiefsmom
What are Text cuts? LOL

(The making of movies.)

a king f r t xt cu s is sil y.

As for the rest of it, Hollywood is just following the example set forth by all the other big industries in our country. I think this kind of stupidity will only end once we stop giving tax breaks and subsidies to the folks who need it the least.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Oh, I agree with that. Being from Michigan, I was one of the few in my family that thought giving the car companies a bail out was a terrible idea.

I just didn't realize that they didn't already "bow" to the movie industry currently.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Sorry, but you lost me the minute the political labels came into the story.

Why the hell does everything that happens in the United States have to have some kind of political label stamped onto it ?!

Taxes are everywhere in the world, in every country, in every state and province... be they high tax rates or low tax rates... no matter who's running the show... it's not just a "conservative/liberal/progressive/teabagger/democrat/republican" thing.

Taxes are a problem across the board, around the world, by everyone and everything, no matter who's making them OR writing about them.

Oy vay, people.

/end my rant du jour

new topics

top topics

join