GOOD NEWS ATS - No longer will I make religious threads.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Now before you judge just let me say…….After long meditation and prayer I have come to the decision that no longer will you hear me discussing and ranting on about religious subjects here at ATS. Of course ATS has many other forums and often I see threads that strike my attention that have nothing to do with religion and there is where I will be.

As many of you have told me; it is best I keep my opinion to myself and you are right. I will keep my mouth closed about religion because you do not want to hear it and I now get it.

I always thought mankind had an open mind and many of you do but I see it is I with the closed mind, why? Because I have seen God in a NDE and twice while awake and all three times it was unexpected. I can’t deny what I have seen. Not only that but when I hear truth concerning God and his kingdom my spirit inside me goes off like an alarm…..it is so overwhelming from head to toe I can not speak and at times start to shake. I can not explain and often it catches me off guard and people stare and ask if everything is O.K.

FYI: I am over 50 – been checked out by my doctor – no issues. No physical or mental health issues. ☺

I use to think I could overwhelm anyone and bring them to God but you guys have shown me the error of my ways. Believe it or not I have learned a lot from your comments. You have taught me and shown me that my pride and confidence in my faith is not for everyone. Pride comes before the fall.

This will make many of you happy and if it does than I am glad to bring a smile across your face. This will not be my last thread! ☺ It will be my last in the religious forum though. Do not misinterpret my thoughts – I have not changed my mind about God and I never will. I still worship him and love him and I always will no matter what.

So…….to Wildtimes, AfterInfinity, Boymonkey, Akragon and others if you were insulted by any of my comments, I am sorry. Maybe we will see each other on a different forum, who knows.

Good luck to all,

Sincerely,

Richard

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Everyone has to come to God in their own way. Some use science.

Anyway, I understand having powerful religious experiences and wanting to share those things with others - as you have found, it seems, it's not possible. There's a reason religious texts are written in parable and metaphor. Words are not enough.

On a side note, your name/handle alone will evoke response from many members - no matter on what topic you post! Such is the way of things.

Cheers!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I don't usually go into religeous threads. Those that believe, believe, those that don't, don't. For those who follow one particular religion, all I can say is that it doesn't matter what we call the great creater, we all come from the same place. It is more important to me to just be the best that I can be and to live my life with love, kindness, and compassion.
edit on 18-2-2014 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I can fully understand your elation at knowing God and the desire to share that experience with mankind. I also think that although your experience at ATS with this particular topic met with negativity, I feel not everyone here is closeminded to this experience. Was it really pride or a desire to share? This is a public forum and as such nobody should have the right to tell you to keep your opinions to yourself.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by kalunom

Thanks!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Good idea. Good thinking. This is very refreshing news.
Nevertheless, you might continue at least reading the Religious Forums so that you can get better acquainted with the members and their platforms.

Thank you for the apology.
Accepted.
Fare well - see you round the boards!!
(And remember, if you 'backslide' and do decide to start another thread - keep it civil and open-minded, and you'll probably be okay. We aren't a bunch of demons. We are simply tired of being bashed for what we are.)

S/F

Wildtimes

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:43 AM
link   

InTheLight
I can fully understand your elation at knowing God and the desire to share that experience with mankind. I also think that although your experience at ATS with this particular topic met with negativity, I feel not everyone here is closeminded to this experience. Was it really pride or a desire to share? This is a public forum and as such nobody should have the right to tell you to keep your opinions to yourself.

Your right but I have been somewhat pigheaded and hard on those with other beliefs. My zealous attitude was wrong. I know this sounds so corny..... but I do care about everyone. God has revealed to me that I am no better than anyone else and to climb down from that latter.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Well you are wrong again, hah.

You don't have to stop posting about the topic.
Taking a break may be a reasonable choice though (burnout, stress, etc).

ATS is a rough place sometimes, so take breaks.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with you sharing your view on things, in fact I encourage it.
Just be careful and kind and you should do fine.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Jesuslives4uAs many of you have told me; it is best I keep my opinion to myself and you are right. I will keep my mouth closed about religion because you do not want to hear it and I now get it.

An open mouth means a dynamic, adapting mind. By voicing your opinion you enable yourself to learn, and might [either for or against your opinion] change some minds along the way. Your words are valuable. You'll make an impact. You may convert a few people. Alternatively, someone may voice their contrary opinion and you might yourself be converted. Both are acceptable outcomes.

Jesuslives4uI always thought mankind had an open mind and many of you do but I see it is I with the closed mind, why? Because I have seen God in a NDE and twice while awake and all three times it was unexpected. I can’t deny what I have seen. Not only that but when I hear truth concerning God and his kingdom my spirit inside me goes off like an alarm…..it is so overwhelming from head to toe I can not speak and at times start to shake. I can not explain and often it catches me off guard and people stare and ask if everything is O.K.

You having had such an intense experience is all the more reason to voice yourself. I can't say that I believe 100% that what you saw was the God of Abraham... I'm not sure that I can accept the biblical creator... but I'll believe that you saw something. I want to hear you... and surely I'm not the only one.

Jesuslives4u
FYI: I am over 50 – been checked out by my doctor – no issues. No physical or mental health issues. ☺

Haha. Right on!

Jesuslives4u
I use to think I could overwhelm anyone and bring them to God but you guys have shown me the error of my ways. Believe it or not I have learned a lot from your comments. You have taught me and shown me that my pride and confidence in my faith is not for everyone. Pride comes before the fall.

This will make many of you happy and if it does than I am glad to bring a smile across your face. This will not be my last thread! ☺ It will be my last in the religious forum though. Do not misinterpret my thoughts – I have not changed my mind about God and I never will. I still worship him and love him and I always will no matter what.

Well. I'm glad that you can have such a positive outlook. I'm new here, so I don't know you or what you've been through in these forums. All I know is that I would never ask anyone to be silent.

Edit:

Night Star
I don't usually go into religeous threads. Those that believe, believe, those that don't, don't. For those who follow one particular religion, all I can say is that it doesn't matter what we call the great creater, we all come from the same place. It is more important to me to just be the best that I can be and to live my life with love, kindness, and compassion.

I am pretty well in the same boat. Earthly religions aside, we all share origins.
edit on 18-2-2014 by LeviWardrobe because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

wildtimes
Good idea. Good thinking. This is very refreshing news.
Nevertheless, you might continue at least reading the Religious Forums so that you can get better acquainted with the members and their platforms.

Thank you for the apology.
Accepted.
Fare well - see you round the boards!!
(And remember, if you 'backslide' and do decide to start another thread - keep it civil and open-minded, and you'll probably be okay. We aren't a bunch of demons. We are simply tired of being bashed for what we are.)

S/F

Wildtimes

Thanks for your understanding but I think it is best I keep my mouth shut about my beliefs. I am not helping the cause but just adding more wood to the fire.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Jesuslives4u

InTheLight

Your right but I have been somewhat pigheaded and hard on those with other beliefs. My zealous attitude was wrong. I know this sounds so corny..... but I do care about everyone. God has revealed to me that I am no better than anyone else and to climb down from that latter.

Could you equate a zealous attitude with a strong belief in faith, if so, then sticking to your guns in a debate is not wrong. However, if you mean zealous in an abusive and demeaning way, then, yes, that is wrong. Nobody here is better than anybody else, although some others believe they are and may try to come across that way, but hopefully they too will come to that realization some day.

As well, it should be very concerning to everyone that some ATS members can so easily upset and stifle a newcomer, and that to me is wrong.

edit on 18-2-2014 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by LeviWardrobe

Hi,

Thanks for your input.

Good advice.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Jesuslives4u

Well, like muzzle said - we come to this forum because we WANT to talk about "religion, faith, and theology" - it truly is a fascinating look at humanity and all of our differences.

If you want to talk ABOUT religion, your faith, theology, that's fine. Again, welcome to ATS - rough first ride, eh??

Take care, and well done to see us as 'equally entitled to our thoughts'.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Jesuslives4u

I was never insulted. Confused, certainly, but not insulted. Don't let me stop you from having an opinion, so long as it stays an opinion.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

InTheLight

Jesuslives4u

InTheLight

Could you equate a zealous attitude with a strong belief in faith, if so, then sticking to your guns in a debate is not wrong. However, if you mean zealous in an abusive and demeaning way, then, yes, that is wrong. Nobody here is better than anybody else, although some others believe they are and may try to come across that way, but hopefully they too will come to that realization some day.

I think you described me. I believe I was abusive and at times demeaning and now I regret it. And I am glad it happened here and not face to face with people. I probably would of had my a@@ kicked and I would have deserved it.

It is inappropriate to force my beliefs down someone's throat and I am guilty as charged. Everyone has a right to their beliefs. I am too old fashion and often find myself "set in my ways" which is not always good. I have often found myself more concerned for others than myself.
edit on 18-2-2014 by Jesuslives4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   

InTheLight

Agreed, I don't know the history of the poster and don't want to stick my nose in it really.

But you are giving good advice, you are quite Sage InTheLight.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Jesuslives4u

InTheLight

Jesuslives4u

InTheLight

I think you described me. I believe I was abusive and at times demeaning and now I regret it. And I am glad it happened here and not face to face with people. I probably would of have my a@@ kicked.

As is the truth here...it takes two to tango...you didn't enter that state by yourself.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Yeah those are good points. Agreed.

I don't know anything about what happened but I do think this poster has good qualities.
Being able to Own up to a fault and apologize publicly is an excellent trait.
I only wish we were all so inclined, myself included.

What an interesting and ironic lesson there seems to be wrapped in all of this.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

muzzleflash

InTheLight

Agreed, I don't know the history of the poster and don't want to stick my nose in it really.

But you are giving good advice, you are quite Sage InTheLight.

I try! Thank you.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   

muzzleflash
reply to post by wildtimes

Yeah those are good points. Agreed.

I don't know anything about what happened but I do think this poster has good qualities.
Being able to Own up to a fault and apologize publicly is an excellent trait.
I only wish we were all so inclined, myself included.

What an interesting and ironic lesson there seems to be wrapped in all of this.

This has torn me up and I really do feel like an a@@. I wish I could reel the clock back and start over. I have exposed myself as a fool and I feel like crap. I have judged which has caused judgement on me.

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join