It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Second Japan snow storm leaves thousands stranded as toll rises to 23

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

The freak storm dumped more than 1.1 meters of snow in Yamanashi prefecture in central Japan, the most in more than a century of record-keeping, and lesser amounts across a wide swathe of the eastern and northeastern parts of the nation. Tokyo was hit by 27 cm (10.6 inches).

By Tuesday, least 23 people had died, including some killed in traffic accidents or by being caught under snow that fell from roofs. Several died in cars stuck in the snow, apparently from carbon monoxide poisoning as they ran their car engines to keep warm.

At the peak of the storm, thousands of households lost power and hundreds of flights were canceled. Train services were disrupted and highways closed, with some of the nation's main arteries jammed with cars, some for days.

Toyota Motor Corp resumed operations at three plants in central Japan on Tuesday after suspending them a day earlier due to disruption in the supply of parts, but the outlook was unclear for another Toyota plant. Other carmakers suffered similar disruptions.

Reuters Source

The Situation become strange because every single Road
leading to Tokyo is closed, no Trucks can reach!

In the last Days i observed that the Shelfs are empty.

The Situation in rural Kanto is really bad
because the majority of this People are old
and they can't take care the Snow on their Roof,
the Weight increase and the Houses collapsed.

Only 3 major Roads handle mostly all Traffic out of
the Capital, all are full of stranded Trucks.

Tomorrow new Snow is coming,
the Japanese Self Defense try to help!

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

Be well all our fellow members over there in Japan.

We will be thinking of you.

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Here in Downtown Tokyo the Streets are cleaned by us,
when only one Person start to remove the Snow the social Pressure
is that high that in between 10 min. the whole Neighborhood showing up!

I like it, social Pressure for the Benefit of all

But the countryside look still bad,
the Roads are very small and even the Main-Aorta
is coming only with two lanes.

Yeah, i collect a lot of strange experiences here

Thank You, i will send this Power to the People in need

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I hope they all stay safe. I will send a few prayers to the appropriate deities.

I think that should be Buddha and Christ. No problems.

P

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

apologies for momentarily sidetracking from the topic, but its my understanding, that anyone who would pray to christ (or christian God), would never dare pray to any other entity (other than mary), as such a thing is forbidden by christ / God, and taken as a complete abonimation against god apparently ... i am open to correction though, as i am not a christian myself (at the moment) ... and appreciate your sincere warm intent .. but believe praying in such a manner, if having any divine effect at all, would likely be detrimental as opposed to constructive ...

thanks to OP for starting the thread ... my thoughts and prayers are also with you(s)
x

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Segenam
reply to post by pheonix358

apologies for momentarily sidetracking from the topic, but its my understanding, that anyone who would pray to christ (or christian God), would never dare pray to any other entity (other than mary), as such a thing is forbidden by christ / God, and taken as a complete abonimation against god apparently ... i am open to correction though, as i am not a christian myself (at the moment) ... and appreciate your sincere warm intent .. but believe praying in such a manner, if having any divine effect at all, would likely be detrimental as opposed to constructive ...

thanks to OP for starting the thread ... my thoughts and prayers are also with you(s)
x

Jesus says pray to the Father, Jehovah

“And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him." (Matthew 6:5-13)

As far as I know, there isn't any biblical basis in praying to Christ, the Angels or Mary. Especially the latter two.
edit on 18-2-2014 by Artanis667 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Actually there are more than 80.000.000.000 (80 Mrd) Gods and Goddesses
here in Japan!

This are many Gods, very powerful!

This Pic is from my Home 2 Nights before this one:

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Thousands still stranded from heavy snowfall in Japan, SDF assistance requested

Record snowfall hit eastern Japan over the weekend leaving thousands of people stranded in their homes. Remote towns in the eastern region of Honshu, Japan’s main island, especially in Yamanashi Prefecture were buried under 100 cm (almost 40 inches) of snow and were requesting for help from the Japanese Self-Defense Forces (SDF) on Monday.

Snow Pics

Normally the Snow is falling only in the East Side of Japan,
in the middle are big Mountains, Tokyo get Snow once a Year
but this Year is very different!

There is no problem with Snow in Nagano or Hokkaido,
both Places have more than 4m of Snow every Year
but Tokyo is not used to this Amounts,
the whole Public Transport collapsed last Weekend.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Human0815

OH MY GOD! The snow was so severe it flipped everything upside down! Lol jk, I feel for you guys, We've gotten so much snow here on the East Coast of the US that I'm sick of it. Luckily we haven't had what ya'll are experiencing. Stay safe, stay warm, and uh watch out for those freak gravity flips.

top topics

join