It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ark. girl, 15, fatally shot in prank gone wrong

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. - Police say a 48-year-old Arkansas man shot and killed a 15-year-old girl Saturday in a prank gone wrong, reports CBS affiliate KTHV.

Adrian Broadway was fatally shot just before 1 a.m. Saturday after police say she and six other teens dumped leaves and other trash on a car outside the Little Rock home of 48-year-old Willie Noble as part of prank.

In the midst of the prank, Noble allegedly ran out of his house and started shooting at the vehicle which held Adrian and the six others. According to the station, none of the other teens in the car were seriously injured.

Little Rock Police Lt. Sidney Allen told the station that Saturday’s prank was retaliation for an earlier prank conducted by Noble’s teenage son.
Noble is charged with first-degree murder, one count of terroristic acts, and five counts of aggravated assault

Link

I doubt we will hear much about this shooting. No tensions to be whipped up with this one. Looks like all kinds of people do stupid, violent things.
edit on 2/17/2014 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It's only news if someone black is involved apparently.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
A couple things about this bother me.

why is a fifteen year old girl allowed to run around at one in the morning? Where are the parents?

Why is this man being charged with murder? If the kids were 19 and stealing his car radio, he would be a hero.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

The young lady was black. The shooter was black. I doubt your cheeks are red.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   
May have to do with the laws in Arkansas. Throwing stuff on a car may not justify deadly force.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

What gets me is shooting at a car that is driving away?
Not like his life was in danger. As another poster mentioned I think even if they were 19 and stealing his radio, it still would not justify lethal force unless they had a gun (I think).

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Domo1

The young lady was black. The shooter was black. I doubt your cheeks are red.

Oops, this is what happens when I post at work, I meant white, not black. As in when a black person kills another black person like this no one cares ... if a white man did this the black community would be demanding crucifixion, and the media would be fanning the flames.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71

why is a fifteen year old girl allowed to run around at one in the morning? Where are the parents?

Why is this man being charged with murder? If the kids were 19 and stealing his car radio, he would be a hero.

I had some rather protective parents and a curfew when I was 15. I snuck out a lot. EIther way, this has nothing to do with parenting. Mild vandalism is not grounds for lethal force.

He is being charged with murder because it sounds like he murdered someone. You don't get to shoot people for vandalizing your property. The only time you use lethal force is when they pose an immediate threat to your life or someone else. If the kids were 19 and stealing his car radio I would say the same thing. Are you being sarcastic?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Noble is charged with first-degree murder, one count of terroristic acts, and five counts of aggravated assault.

Wait what?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Oops, this is what happens when I post at work, I meant white, not black. As in when a black person kills another black person like this no one cares ... if a white man did this the black community would be demanding crucifixion, and the media would be fanning the flames.

It dawned on me after starting my second post in this thread that your name didn't match up with what I thought you were saying. I'm horrible with names, I need a shiny avatar to recognize people.

I agree, if a white guy had shot her it would be plastered everywhere. Same with a black guy shooting a white girl (though there would most likely be less of a frenzy sadly). I still think it should be plastered all over because in no way is shooting at someone who eggs a car or smashes leaves on it acceptable. I don't care what color of the rainbow people are, when someone is killed over something this stupid it deserves attention.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
While I do not condone the murder of someone who is doing what these teens were doing... there is always a danger of something like this happening when someone pranks the wrong person.

We were aware that stuff like this might happen to us if we acted stupid enough when we were this age. I am not sure why other teens would not be aware of it these days. The likelihood of it happening now, is much greater than it was in my teen years.

People are tired. They are tired of working 80 hours a week and still not being able to pay the bills. They are tired of not having much of anything. They are damn sure tired of having someone steal or ruin whatever little they may have. Does it make it right? No. But it does make sense for folks to be aware that they are living in times where grown folks might not want to "play pranks" and laugh about their property being damaged/stolen. That's no excuse to kill anybody, but it still exists.

If you can't get your kids to follow curfew or the law... than at least inform them that if they choose to do this kind of "pranking", the next "prank" may well be on one of those people that is too tired to give a shiiite about their future or your child's. It is what it is. Reality is harsh. It shouldn't happen, but people need to have some personal responsibility in being aware of these kinds of outcomes.

He absolutely should not have shot, but they absolutely should not have been there doing what they were. Nobody wins here. It is a tragedy all around.

I feel for the parents. Nobody should have to bury a child. Regardless.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

It's only news when it's a black person when it looks like justice will not be served.... This is such a false comparison. This guy was charged to the full extent of the law.

The question is if it were a car full of black kids would the guy be facing first degree murder and terroristness. Or would him claiming he was scared have made him get a lesser charge. If George Zimmerman had been charged and convicted there's no story.

Sadly the media knows that if it's a white guy and a young black male victim then the statistics say he gets off. So they follow the story knowing the math is in favor of a travisty of justice. Which is very very marketable to the masses.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   

boncho

Noble is charged with first-degree murder, one count of terroristic acts, and five counts of aggravated assault.

Wait what?

Yeah that was a WTF for me too.

the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear

In my opinion that should be dropped and he should be charged with attempted murder for every occupant of the vehicle.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Domo1

boncho

Wait what?

Yeah that was a WTF for me too.

the calculated use of violence (or the threat of violence) against civilians in order to attain goals that are political or religious or ideological in nature; this is done through intimidation or coercion or instilling fear

In my opinion that should be dropped and he should be charged with attempted murder for every occupant of the vehicle.

I thought the same thing about it. I figure they threw that charge in there on top of the rest in case something else didn't "stick".

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Domo1

It dawned on me after starting my second post in this thread that your name didn't match up with what I thought you were saying. I'm horrible with names, I need a shiny avatar to recognize people.

I agree, if a white guy had shot her it would be plastered everywhere. Same with a black guy shooting a white girl (though there would most likely be less of a frenzy sadly). I still think it should be plastered all over because in no way is shooting at someone who eggs a car or smashes leaves on it acceptable. I don't care what color of the rainbow people are, when someone is killed over something this stupid it deserves attention.

I agree. Color doesn't matter. If I was in charge this man, and any person who did what he did regardless of whether or not anyone was hit, would face the death penalty. People who would kill or try to kill another human being for LEAVES being dumped on their car have no place on Earth.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Domo1

Hoosierdaddy71

I had some rather protective parents and a curfew when I was 15. I snuck out a lot. EIther way, this has nothing to do with parenting. Mild vandalism is not grounds for lethal force.

He is being charged with murder because it sounds like he murdered someone. You don't get to shoot people for vandalizing your property. The only time you use lethal force is when they pose an immediate threat to your life or someone else. If the kids were 19 and stealing his car radio I would say the same thing. Are you being sarcastic?

I agree, and I wouldn't even call it vandalism unless the car was damaged.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:49 PM
link   

AR Code § 5-13-301 (2012)

(a) (1) A person commits the offense of terroristic threatening in the first degree if:

(A) With the purpose of terrorizing another person, the person threatens to cause death or serious physical injury or substantial property damage to another person; or

(B) With the purpose of terrorizing another person, the person threatens to cause physical injury or property damage to a teacher or other school employee acting in the line of duty.

(2) Terroristic threatening in the first degree is a Class D felony.

(b) (1) A person commits the offense of terroristic threatening in the second degree if, with the purpose of terrorizing another person, the person threatens to cause physical injury or property damage to another person.

(2) Terroristic threatening in the second degree is a Class A misdemeanor.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   

ArtemisE

It's only news when it's a black person when it looks like justice will not be served.... This is such a false comparison. This guy was charged to the full extent of the law.

The question is if it were a car full of black kids would the guy be facing first degree murder and terroristness. Or would him claiming he was scared have made him get a lesser charge. If George Zimmerman had been charged and convicted there's no story.

Sadly the media knows that if it's a white guy and a young black male victim then the statistics say he gets off. So they follow the story knowing the math is in favor of a travisty of justice. Which is very very marketable to the masses.

No, it's always news when its white on black. And the black community demands "justice", which they determine the meaning of. Yet the horns and bleatings are silent when it's a black person killing another black person. Why is that?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Why do the authorities seem to throw the terrorist label on everything now? Its like if you do anything wrong these days you are a terrorist.
Well you dont even have to do anything wrong for them to call you a terrorist, like just standing up for your rights or liking freedom or the second amendment will get you on that list.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JHumm

It seems like it used to be just assault. As you mention, adding terror some name seems to be the current trend. Maybe without a weapon the terror version can be used. In this case a firearm would certain be a weapon.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join