It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dyatlov Pass Incident....Explained???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

A few months ago when that story was on ATS,I offered the new possibility that perhaps at least one of the women was at the prime time of her monthly cycle and a Sasquatch (one or more), as some male animals are inclined, was attracted to the group by her scent and finding competitive males with the females, attacked the group eventually killed them all either by driving some off into the storm and crushing some with powerful "bear" hugs.

Perhaps there were examinations done upon the females to determine if they had been sexually assaulted since the deaths turned out to be so mysterious?
I think my hypothesis have validity and answers about all of the puzzling aspects of the how and why of the mystery.

Both women were found fully clothed and wearing two pairs of pants.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLieWeLive

Not necessarily. If they heard a nearby avalanche they could have still thought it was above them and ran. In the middle of the night on a mountain slopeknown for avalanchesI'm sure the thought is fresh on the mind.

Correction: It was NOT known for avalanches.

It only takes one person to yell something and start running and the rest would most likely follow suite. They were most likely asleep and waking to something like that would be totally confusing.

They were all awake. Only Zolotarev had on his sleeping shoes. Only one had gone out to urinate before turning in.

Before they knew it they could end up lost not knowing which way the camp was.

They were never lost. They headed straight for hill 611, navigating three brooks to do so. To get back to the tent they could ether take a reverse compass course (Zolotarev had a compass and almost certainly took a heading on Hill 611) or they could just follow their own tracks back to the tent.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: golden23
There is one more theory on that page but i didnt get a chance to look at it yet. its called the Infrasound theory. Maybe your curiosity will take hold of you and youll be forced to look at it

The Infrasound theory was demonstrated to be bogus before it was even printed. Tests of infrasound show no humans can hear it and only 22% can feel it. 22% of nine hikers is two hikers. What happened to the other seven? The same infrasound study showed zero persons responded with panic when exposed.

So the infrasound theory works like this: Seven people can't detect it and don't respond at all. Two can but don't panic. Conclusion: All panicked.

Of course, there was panic inside the tent. THEY CUT THEIR WAY OUT and did so only inches away from the OPEN ENTRANCE. But once they were out and stood outside the tent there was NO MORE PANIC. They left in an organized, unhurried fashion. It's not infrasound.

The one who left last was Yuri Doroshenko. Next to Yuri Kri, he was the least well dressed of the nine. He knew it was death to leave that tent with no shoes and no jacket. He left last with reluctance. He was leaving warmth for -50 C weather ahead. Ahead was guaranteed death. He left anyway. Even when he and Yuri Kri reached the cedar tree at Hill 611 and built the failed fire and knew they were dying of hypothermia, THEY DIDN'T GO BACK TO THE TENT - Neither one of them.

Yuri Kri had the community knife and so it is almost certain he cut the way out of the tent. Once outside the tent someone tried to sharpen a bamboo ski pole pole. Why?

The answer? To fish their valenki boots out from inside the tent. Who?

Yuri Kri. He has the knife. He still had it when he reached the tree. And, just like Yuri Doroshenko, without clothing he has NO CHANCE OF SURVIVAL. He has to get warm clothing or he'll freeze. Yet he won't go back in the tent either. Neither he nor Yuri Doroshenko will even reach a HAND back inside that tent. Yuri Kri tries to reach inside with a ski pole. When that doesn't work, he tries to sharpen it to get ANY CLOTHING OUT.

The danger isn't OUTSIDE the tent. It's INSIDE. It's why they're all standing around outside it. They wouldn't be standing there if they thought an avalanche was coming (And you don't have to cut your way out of a tent if you "think" an avalanche is coming. The entrance is faster.). The'd also be running in nine different directions (And certainly not ALL downhill in the path of the avalanche.). And, when no avalanche came, they'd just all go back into the tent. Why freeze?

It's INSIDE. They cut their way out to get away from it. To find out what was inside that tent that they cut their way out and wouldn't even put their hands back in for a boot or coat afterwards, and would rather die at the cedar tree than do so, read this:

"A Compelling Unknown Force" by Clark Wilkins on Amazon'a Kindle book list. It's only 99 cents.

Discover the fear they discovered. And you will have all the evidence you need.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:19 PM
link   
www.aquiziam.com... long but interesting take on the matter

www.aquiziam.com... probally made by an ats member so suprised i didnt see this posted here all ready but it seems to cover all the angles and explain a few details more clearly then other sites have

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
i read the book - the smoke inside should not have made them run away into the cold once they cut their way out of the tent. I can understand that under heavy smoke panic may take over and they slashed their way out desperately for oxygen - but once outside, there was no reason to leave the tent's location when all their gear necessary to survive was right there in front of them. It make sense that at least one of the 9 to be cool enough to slash the whole tent, disperse the smoke and get properly dressed and then make plan from there on.

a reply to: IMAnonymous

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
There was a great show on Animal Planet a few days ago called Monsters Behind the Iron Curtain. It was a show about all kinds of strange mysteries from Russia and the very last segment was about this incident. They covered several of the popular theories, but the one I liked best was that the hikers were accidentally killed by the Soviets who were dropping parachute mines and it was covered up. Of course even this explanation still leaves several questions.

One thing I found very interesting, which I had never heard before, was that they were actually found on the wrong mountain. The show claimed that the mountain their tent and bodies were found on wasn't part of their planned route and was pretty far off-course. It was also mentioned that the tent was set up incorrectly, which didn't make sense for experienced hikers. They used these two facts as possible proof that they were actually camped on an adjacent mountain and that's where they were killed. Then the Soviets moved their bodies to the location where they were found in an effort to hide their responsibility.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
My theory is they accidentally pitched their tent right on top of a hibernating brown(grizzly) bear, who suddenly awoke in a very bad mood and started to claw his way out. That explains why they left the tent so quickly and made no attempt to reenter. That may also explain why one of the hiker's bodies was found up in a tree.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Charizard

Yes, they went the wrong way and decided to set up camp for the night.

And as to some of the theories posted... not credible imo. Take into account that they were very experienced hikers/skiers and the mountain slope really wasn't steep enough to make them cut a piece out of the tent in a panicked hurry because of an avalanche. Besides, apparently the tent was cut facing the top of the hill instead of downwards. All the avalanche, animal attacks, fight etc theories really don't hold up against the facts; basically nothing in this all seems to make sense.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join