It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did Fiat's commercial w/ Diddy say "REVOLT", and now why does it not?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I'm about the last person I would have thought to write this, but the commercial I mention in the title made me think of ATS.

This is the first one:

The one that I see airing on TV now does not have the "REVOLT" sign in the background of the same scene.

I've tried looking on youtube for it, but haven't found it yet.

I realize the vid I have here is a minute long and was for the Super Bowl, but as late as last week I saw a shortened version of the commercial with the sign in the background.

Now every time I see it, no sign.

This is not my "area". I thought ATS might have some better ideas about this than me.

I've read threads in the past always talking about big stars and musicians being "illuminati" (something I personally don't buy in to).
But even IF he is "illuminati" why the message "REVOLT"?? I would have expected the opposite.

Also it's a Fiat commercial in the first place. What purpose would they have for that in the background?
Then why would they remove it or crop it out of the scene after showing it for a while? It must have had a purpose originally, or why even have it there in the first place?

Like I said, this is not really my "thing" on ATS, but it bugged me enough to ask what some of you thought about it.

I may not respond a whole lot as I will probably be taking the different ideas in this somewhat foreign area (to me) of possible "conspiracy"--if that's even close to what it is.

Maybe it means absolutely nothing.

Thoughts?
edit on 2/17/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
That is quite weird.....

Both the presence of the sign and its later disappearance. Perhaps it was slipped in before the editors caught it the first run, then later removed?

Pretty freaking weird.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I'm pretty sure he was just advertising his television network called "REVOLT". I don't know why it wasn't there the other time you saw it.

Revolt_(TV_network)

Revolt (stylized as "REVOLT") is an American music-oriented digital cable television network that is owned by Sean "Diddy" Combs, in partnership with Comcast. The network launched on October 21, 2013 on Comcast and Time Warner Cable systems.

edit on 17-2-2014 by DeepVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Only thing is, it's been running since the game for a few weeks with REVOLT in the scene, until just a few days ago.

I agree, weird.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Huh gonna keep my eye out for that one now, seems to be playing all the time. Would be really weird if they did take the sign out.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

DeepVisions

I'm pretty sure he was just advertising his television network called "REVOLT". I don't know why it wasn't there the other time you saw it.

Revolt_(TV_network)

Revolt (stylized as "REVOLT") is an American music-oriented digital cable television network that is owned by Sean "Diddy" Combs, in partnership with Comcast. The network launched on October 21, 2013 on Comcast and Time Warner Cable systems.

Ah, there now, you see? Ask ATS and ATS will answer. I've never heard of the channel.

Why the name, though? Do you know? What is he or the channel "revolting"?

Or is it just plain revolting (disgusting)?

edit on 2/17/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

I think it is supposed to be a "revolt' against MTV because they don't play music anymore, just reality tv shows.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Likely "revolt" of their own interests. They aren't interested in a political revolt against the administration, etc. as they are part of the that paradigm.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
One of the best games ever. Revolt .. I miss it.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Just maybe (to play the ultimate Devil's advocate for a sec) it means Revolt against the Fiat currency???

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
They shorten and cut scenes out of commercials all the time.

Because of money
------------

Lengthier explanation below:

X company pays a network x amount of money for minutes of airtime. (which cost 'a lot' more during event programs like the SB)
So the commercial you watched with the sign was aired in It's "entirety" during the SB for a "while" because it was bought and paid for airtime, and was (at the time) worth the investment since the advert. would be seen by tons of viewers. Good? ...Yes 'super' good.

Later on scenes were cut out.

After the SB was over, the commercial was cut down some more like many others because of competitive airtime (new commercials emerging with a mix of an increase of "other" programming mixed with the factor of a decrease of audience viewing a specific program (the SB being the specific program) therefore the need to pay for more airtime to air the entirety of the commercial was a) no longer an option and b) not worth the money in respect to a decrease in audience mixed with "new" competitive airtime.

Pretty sure that's about right...ish
If any of It's wrong, correct me so next time the occasion arises to tell someone it will be more accurate

edit on 2/18/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
it's just part of the continual subliminal campaign to agitate people
now that you're aware of this little facet, you'll start to notice it elsewhere too

kinda like how the announcer at the Russell Brand show says at the beginning "get ready to bring the *revolution* with russell!"
-for people who are paying attention it's no mystery how & why russell now goes on to affiliate himself with people like david icke (furthering the campaign for this supposed revolution of the people) directing people to things like buddhism, speaking about the problems of big-biz & materialism and how we need a reset

"they" need people to want to tear down the old system, because of what the old system is based on (judeo-christianity, etc)

this is pretty much what the *NEW* world order is all about

if you've noticed how none of this is ever openly spoken about, you'll understand and accept why these kinds of subliminal messages (and others) are used

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I actually just watched last night's episode of The Walking Dead On Demand (No school today, 8yo was up late last night) and they aired the full commercial. I don't pay for cable (thankfully, 1945 channels of nothing but crap I don't care about and the 4 I watch ) and the only background noise I'm accustomed to is Law and Order: SVU which, if you're home during the day, understand is virtually the only show USA network airs. I've seen it a couple of other times on there recently.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   

madmac5150
Just maybe (to play the ultimate Devil's advocate for a sec) it means Revolt against the Fiat currency???

Bingo! Well done. I know it may sound crazy to some, but I think a message was being delivered. But who would deliver such a message and how did they get Fiat to go along with it?

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

there's several layers of meanings for the Banner : REVOLT

you did notice the Revolt was a oddly populated tent in an Oasis...

on the way to the Oasis, diddy held up a bottle of water and asked if 'you' wanted some

your OP touches on the connections between pop-stars & the Illuminati... the Satanists within the Illuminati want Chaos and the Oasis banner spelling: "REVOLT" is close enough to Chaos that they likely ran the commercial to have some sort of connection with the number 33 (number of days aired, or perhaps the TV media outlets that ran the unaltered Advert... maybe even something as gruesome as dropping the REVOLT banner on the tent only after a certain number of Bankers got suicided (it is proposed that 43 bankers/financiers' are yet to be suicided, look it up)

well... they (?) got you to make the commercial worthy of more investigation and more eyeballs didn't they

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:12 AM
link   

sorry guys.. the Page Timed Out...

i was just seeing what happened to the post i typed

i reckon the post got through the Page Error notice

have a good day
edit on th28139272578418162014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

unb3k44n7
They shorten and cut scenes out of commercials all the time.

Because of money
------------

Lengthier explanation below:

X company pays a network x amount of money for minutes of airtime. (which cost 'a lot' more during event programs like the SB)
So the commercial you watched with the sign was aired in It's "entirety" during the SB for a "while" because it was bought and paid for airtime, and was (at the time) worth the investment since the advert. would be seen by tons of viewers. Good? ...Yes 'super' good.

Later on scenes were cut out.

After the SB was over, the commercial was cut down some more like many others because of competitive airtime (new commercials emerging with a mix of an increase of "other" programming mixed with the factor of a decrease of audience viewing a specific program (the SB being the specific program) therefore the need to pay for more airtime to air the entirety of the commercial was a) no longer an option and b) not worth the money in respect to a decrease in audience mixed with "new" competitive airtime.

Pretty sure that's about right...ish
If any of It's wrong, correct me so next time the occasion arises to tell someone it will be more accurate

edit on 2/18/2014 by unb3k44n7 because: (no reason given)

This pretty much sums up the monetary gain facet of the commercial and how advertisers run their campaigns. However, subliminal messaging is pretty much standard practice in the industry (I took marketing in college and it was taught there, literally in the textbook). What I ascertain from this particular advert is the following: mirage (3d world we see) + Fiat (Keynsian debt-based economic system) = inevitable "revolt." Of course this is pure conjecture and the actual meaning may be something else entirely. Also, different perspectives will encourage a variety of explanations.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
All good points -- informative and appreciated.

Just an aside to Magnivea: the channel I think of as SVUSA occasionally shows House late at night with a viewer discretion advised for mature content. Do they do that for the near continual SVU or just for the show about a grumpy doctor (which seems ridiculous to me)?

I have seen that commercial during House too, earlier on as the "short version" with the REVOLT sign, and recently in the just as short version with it cropped out.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

gwynned

madmac5150

Bingo! Well done. I know it may sound crazy to some, but I think a message was being delivered. But who would deliver such a message and how did they get Fiat to go along with it?

Can you not read? It is promoting P. Diddy's new television network called "REVOLT".

www.billboard.com...

Following its 2011 spots featuring J-Lo (including a music video-like spot where she performs her single “Papi”) and its 2013 campaign with Pitbull and Arianna singing “Sexy People,” Fiat is upping the ante for its new 2014 global campaign.

Set to premiere on television Feb. 13, the new spot (watch below), titled “Mirage,” features a hot song -- Pharrell Williams’ “Happy,” playing in the background. But it also features Sean “Diddy” Combs, touting not only the new four-door Fiat 500L, but also Aquahydrate, his own brand of “performance water” (a venture he has with Mark Wahlberg) and his new cable TV network Revolt.

edit on 18-2-2014 by DeepVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   

DeepVisions

gwynned

madmac5150

Can you not read? It is promoting P. Diddy's new television network called "REVOLT".

www.billboard.com...

Following its 2011 spots featuring J-Lo (including a music video-like spot where she performs her single “Papi”) and its 2013 campaign with Pitbull and Arianna singing “Sexy People,” Fiat is upping the ante for its new 2014 global campaign.

Set to premiere on television Feb. 13, the new spot (watch below), titled “Mirage,” features a hot song -- Pharrell Williams’ “Happy,” playing in the background. But it also features Sean “Diddy” Combs, touting not only the new four-door Fiat 500L, but also Aquahydrate, his own brand of “performance water” (a venture he has with Mark Wahlberg) and his new cable TV network Revolt.

Often there are two levels to these 'messages' with one plausible explanation for the masses and the other a 'message' for those in the know. Thus the truth is hidden in plain sight as they say. Notice the 'Fiat' is a mirage, emphasizing the unreality of it. He then mentions that the new Fiat is unbelievably big, with unbelievable being the operative word. And the overall message is clear. People are dying and the only hope they have is a mirage. So the answer is to revolt. You will suggest I'm reading into this, but if you look at these stories and odd media events over time it becomes clear a second conversation is happening at a different level.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join