It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Picture from Mars looks like Star Trek insignia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
There is no article attached to this picture. However, I find it very interesting that all of the pieces have the same shape. I think it's man-made; well , martian-made for some purpose. Where's Arken? This one's for you, buddy!

www.space.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   
No mystery. If you have sand and add wind you typically get this:

Article

If anything, Star Trek designed their insignia after a dune, not the opposite. It's not man-made. It's not Martian-made. It's Wind-made. End of story.
edit on 2/17/2014 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
wow, there is alot of craters in that one image.
that landscape looks bombarded

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

schuyler

Article

If anything, Star Trek designed their insignia after a dune, not the opposite. It's not man-made. It's not Martian-made. It's Wind-made. End of story.

I hear you but don't be so quick to slam the gavel down. Don't you think the color is off for these to be just mere sand-dunes? And they have the same shape-pattern. It is possible for these shapes to happen naturally if they are made of sand but I don't think that it's sand, based off of the color. They look silver to me; like stone or granite.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

schuyler

Article

I hear you but don't be so quick to slam the gavel down. Don't you think the color is off for these to be just mere sand-dunes? And they have the same shape-pattern. It is possible for these shapes to happen naturally if they are made of sand but I don't think that it's sand, based off of the color. They look silver to me; like stone or granite.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

lostbook

schuyler

Article

Sand comes in many colours and consistencies. Mars is known to have winds and storms as well, so it's very likely that these are dunes of some form.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

lostbook

Good Lord. Here I have given you the answer and you're still insisting these are artificial????

Deny ignorance. Really.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   

schuyler

lostbook

Good Lord. Here I have given you the answer and you're still insisting these are artificial????

Deny ignorance. Really.

You are correct, they are Aeolian dunes, and there are plenty of examples to go by. The so-called 'tubes' are another example of wind and sand formations, what was though to be convex shaped tubes, turned out to be convex sand formations, something NASA was correct on, while Hoagland still promoted the 'Tube' idea.

top topics

join