It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Power is out near Gaston OR, 3 big booms heard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
He or his wife heard 3 big booms when she went to work this morning at 7am, their power is still out. My Buddy is calling PGE right now.. I went to the website and it shows no outages at Gaston,

San Fransisco has a power outage of 3907 affected residents and business, cause is unknown...PGE

anyone else have power outages near them ??

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Komodo
He or his wife heard 3 big booms when she went to work this morning at 7am, their power is still out. My Buddy is calling PGE right now.. I went to the website and it shows no outages at Gaston,

San Fransisco has a power outage of 3907 affected residents and business, cause is unknown...PGE

I wonder if this is anything to do with terrorist activity, there was something mentioned mainstream about terroists attempting to destroy the US power grid, and targeting transformers.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Komodo

just had on huge big boom here in north Idaho and the power flickered but didn't go out

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Good grief, what the hell is going on?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
There is a low pressure zone off the coast of BC that is throwing nasty storms at western Washington and Oregon currently. I live quite a ways north of Gaston, near Tacoma, WA, but in the path of the same storms. I heard a couple loud booms earlier, one even shook my house. I am confident what i felt was thunder, but very close resulting in a single concussive boom instead of the rolling thunder you hear most of the time. My power went off for a few minutes, but came back and has not gone out since.

The entire northwest has been under storm advisories all weekend, so i suspect thats whats going on.

Not saying thats exactly what happened in Gaston, OR since i wasnt there, just my experience with something very similar.
edit on 2/17/2014 by xDeadcowx because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Could this be the issue; Portland weather: Thousands across region without power.

It's all I could find about power outages in the area.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   

IrishCream
Could this be the issue; Portland weather: Thousands across region without power.

It's all I could find about power outages in the area.

wow..

thanks for the link~!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

xDeadcowx
There is a low pressure zone off the coast of BC that is throwing nasty storms at western Washington and Oregon currently. I live quite a ways north of Gaston, near Tacoma, WA, but in the path of the same storms. I heard a couple loud booms earlier, one even shook my house. I am confident what i felt was thunder, but very close resulting in a single concussive boom instead of the rolling thunder you hear most of the time. My power went off for a few minutes, but came back and has not gone out since.

The entire northwest has been under storm advisories all weekend, so i suspect thats whats going on.

Not saying thats exactly what happened in Gaston, OR since i wasnt there, just my experience with something very similar.
edit on 2/17/2014 by xDeadcowx because: (no reason given)

yea.. friend said..it didn't really sound like thunder.. but boom, boom, boom...

one after the other..

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Yeah, a few months ago someone shot out a transformer in silicon valley.

Some LEO came out saying it was a military style raid with high power weapons and he felt it was a terrorist effort, despite others trying to not over blow it.

It's been awhile since we've been hit and we've been busy making may people madder at us with drone strike assassinations, illegal renditions and elective invasions and all.

But if they want to rally and p-o Americans, turn off their power and communications...

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   

UxoriousMagnus

Komodo

just had on huge big boom here in north Idaho and the power flickered but didn't go out

wow..

what is going on . testing the grid ?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Perhaps boom one, was a ground strike on an unprotected bit of infrastructure, and booms two and three were caused by equipment on a line exploding under massive overload?

I do not know enough about the physical infrastructure in the US to be able to tell. What I would say, is that it is not impossible that the sounds are unrelated to the outage, although it seems unlikely, given the timing. It will be interesting to see what the upshot of all this is, that much is certain!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Hope that gets resolved soon. No issues here in my area of N. ID., will update if need be.

Source shared above says,

The utility estimates it can restore power between 5 a.m. and 9:45 a.m., depending on the location.

see here

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

This was yesterday

Dozens of people from Lincoln County to Tillamook County reported hearing a loud boom and feeling the ground shake earlier today.

"We heard it here in Rockaway," wrote Racheal Young. "It was loud and shook the house."

Beaver resident Josh Sisco said he felt it.

Juliana Anderson wrote that she felt two booms in Cloverdale.

thecelestialconvergence.blogspot.com... ecent

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
IS this the cause of more "snipers" hitting transistors?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

darkbake
IS this the cause of more "snipers" hitting transistors?

no...

Transistors don't shake the ground for 15.2 miles..

but it might be sonic...as far as I know... sonic booms don't knock out power grids...but I'm not an expert...

edit on 17-2-2014 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-2-2014 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
power is back on ..

whew!

still like to know what the booms are ....

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Those booms are probably the wires shorting out. Something could have flown into the wires like a drone or a kids kite.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Had a really weird one second power outage in Illinois...and it messed up my computer...whatever it was here it was different than a normal outage....literally one second tops... and may be completely unrelated.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

I remember a pretty nasty windstorm here in the 90's that actually drove me to sleep in my mother's room (I was an adult, too, lol). The transformers were blowing all over the place and between the flashes and the booms, it felt like we were living in a war zone instead of just being in a windstorm.

Transformers really boom when they go--even to wind.

top topics

join