It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats on an ATS members iPod?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I've been thinking that this website is for people that think outside the box, you know, not your typical mainstream folks. So tell us whats on your iPod or whatever kind of device you use. You can tell the world you have Taylor swift but I'm looking for something off the charts so to speak. True alternative music.
My iPhone has all the foo fighters albums and lots of ac/dc and van halen but I have some other things to.
Tegan and Sara are a personal favorite, a few eels songs are on there and some blind melon.
Love the cranberries.
Ok go have some good songs too.

So ATS whats on your iPod?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

Nothing alternative here. Mainstream music is very much my thing, as long as it isn't rap or metal. And my playlist tops out at a whopping 34 songs.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
SLAYER!!!!!
-n- stuff

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Prodigy-Death Of The Prodigy Dancers

next track

N-JOI Live In Manchester.

edit on 17-2-2014 by fenian8 because: cos am hoping my effing links work.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
At the moment, mostly Kings of Leon and Ben Howard but I have a lot of music to transfer to itunes soon to add to my music list.

I am adding this:

edit on 17-2-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Too much on it to list here.

Although currently, I've been playing a lot of

Good Kid M.A.A.D. City - Kendrick Lamar

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
no ipod, just an android phone. It's got 15 gigs or so of coast to coast am shows, though I recently switched to caravan to midnight. No music though..
I do have some CD's in the car though, 3 Gorillaz, 1 Beastie Boys, 1 James Taylor, 1 Dr. Hook and a Michael Buble, does that count?

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Lots of classical -- mostly Mozart, Ludwig, Fernando Sor.........

some Tool, Breaking Benjamin, Michael Hedges, Jason Fowler, Periphery, Kansas, Queen, Generation X, Green Day, Rise Against, The Clash, Big Country, Simple Plan, Black Flag, Bowie, LP, Rage Against The Machine, Foo Fighters, Alice In Chains, The Vandals, Muse, Dead Kennedys, Golden Earring, Psychadelic Furs, Siouxsie & the Banshees, The Cure, Toad The Wet Sprocket, Ottmar Lierbert, ELO, ................. and so on.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Pimsleur Spanish Lessons.

www.pimsleurapproach.com...

Dime un beso!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   

argentus
Lots of classical -- mostly Mozart, Ludwig, Fernando Sor.........

some Tool, Breaking Benjamin, Michael Hedges, Jason Fowler, Periphery, Kansas, Queen, Generation X, Green Day, Rise Against, The Clash, Big Country, Simple Plan, Black Flag, Bowie, LP, Rage Against The Machine, Foo Fighters, Alice In Chains, The Vandals, Muse, Dead Kennedys, Golden Earring, Psychadelic Furs, Siouxsie & the Banshees, The Cure, Toad The Wet Sprocket, Ottmar Lierbert, ELO, ................. and so on.

Dude your all over the place! You remind me of me... Lol eclectic..

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Here's a few. My tastes are good music regardless of genre. If I like it, I listen to it. In alphabetical order because I'm looking off of my iPhone, is a few highlights.

Airbourne
Alabama Shakes
Alan Stone
Arcade Fire
An Atlas To Follow
B.o.B
Beady Eye
Big Sean
Birth of Joy
Black Keys
Blind Owl Band
Buffalo Killers
Cadillac Three
Claude Hay
Cold War Kids
Dave Matthews Band (favorite)
Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds
Deftones
Deadstring Brothers
Delta Saints
Dr. Dog
Disclosure
Frontier Ruckus
George Jones
Ghostface Killah
Hank Williams Jr.
Houndmouth
Jack White
Jake Bugg
Jay Z
John Butler Trio
John Mayer
Kisses
Kodaline
Lumineers
Middle Brother
North & South Dakotas
North Mississippi Allstars
Pacific Air
Pearl Jam
Peter Case
Roger Alan Wade
Sam Cooke
Sheepdogs
Shouting Matches
Strypes
Titus Andronicus
Tyler The Creator
Vampire Weekend
Van Morrison
Whetherman
White Cowbell Oklahoma
White Rabbits

I skipped a bunch of others but this can give you some ideas. I have close to 26000 lossless songs in my library.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Eyedea, Immortal technique, At the Drive In, Your name in Vain, Public Enemy, B.o.B (not the "hits"), Travlin wilburys, Prcise science, unicorn basement, Narallis, Eyes to Space, Confide, Down by 5, Sky Culture, Sick Sense, Prodigy, Chris Geo, MC/VL, Flobots, Rise against, 10 years, Slightly stoopid, interpol, Saosin, Hopsin,

My favorite ones are all local bands to NC that are gone now..

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jtrenthacker

Alphabetic and all,, very nice. Lots of new ones for me to look up.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Mostly a survey of rock from the late '60s up to the present.

There's a smattering of classical in there, some movie soundtrack instrumentals, four or five country tracks, and this or that picked up from Pandora stations and downloaded off Amazon ... my husband has a taste for German techno, for example.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

I really enjoy Ben Howard. Generally not my cup of tea, as I am very much a metal and screamo guy.

Regarding the OP some of my not so mainstream music is...

Ben Howard
The Higher
Oleander
Parabelle
Protest the Hero
The Scene Aesthetic
Trust Company

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Never did and never will own or use any apple i(diot) product .
Use mp3 on tab 3 .. listen to The Doors , Creedence Clearwater Revival , Eric Burdon and the animals , Hendrix , The Clash , Dead Kennedys , Sex Pistols , Plasmatics , Black Flag , Anti-Flag .. along with a few chinese punk bands as theyre starting to get some good punk bands in china these days .. depends largely on my mood what I listen to at any given time.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:38 PM
link   

8g worth of Art Bell classics, and as much stand up comedy that i can fit into the other 8g on my memory card...which i listen to at work.

As for music, Metalacolypse, slayer, In this moment, Jimi Hendrix, Iron maiden, etc. yea i like the hard rock....

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by LionEatsSheep

How can you guys listen to old art bell shows? Just feels like reading an old newspaper to me.
I do like listening to roswell ufo radio. I listen on tunein radio. The programming is loads of old sci fi radio shows.
edit on 17-2-2014 by Hoosierdaddy71 because: Spelling

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
ive got a pretty large collection of music all over the place; lots of classic and psychedelic rock on vinyl, music over the years on hard drive, and now i explore soundcloud for new electronic and instrumental music as well.

some of my favourites are *d

the arctic monkeys, the band, black sabbath, cake*, clutch*, daft punk, de la soul, deep purple, devin the dude, the doors*, elvis, gramatik*, johnny cash, jimi hendrix*, led zeppelin*, lynyrd skynyrd, macklemore & ryan lewis, !MAYDAY!, muse*, nirvana, pantera, parliament funkadelics, portugal the man, rage against the machine*, red hot chili peppers*, rory gallagher*, the sheepdogs, sly and the family stone, sweatshop union, tech n9ne*, tool*, ugly kid joe*

plus a ton of electronic stuff; way too many haha my list goes on for weeks.

anyone into alternative music and alternative topics should try Muse. their instrumentals are great and the lyrics are very socio/politically oriented
edit on 17-2-2014 by EmpathicBandit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Expat888
Never did and never will own or use any apple i(diot) product .
Use mp3 on tab 3 .. listen to The Doors , Creedence Clearwater Revival , Eric Burdon and the animals , Hendrix , The Clash , Dead Kennedys , Sex Pistols , Plasmatics , Black Flag , Anti-Flag .. along with a few chinese punk bands as theyre starting to get some good punk bands in china these days .. depends largely on my mood what I listen to at any given time.

My household has had two iPod touches, two iPhones , two iPads and an ipad mini over the years and we loved them all. To each his own i guess, just like the music...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join