It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christianity and the United States Air Force

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I found the following 'open letter' of interest. This is a subject I've followed on and off since seeing the excellent documentary "Constantine's Sword". The film and the article are about how the Air Force Academy has become a Christian organization against all traditions in the United States Services and against the precepts of the Constitution of the United States.

www.truth-out.org...

"Lying to Survive at the Air Force Academy: An Open Letter to Lt. Gen. Michelle Johnson"

We, of Spartacus, live a total lie every single day and night to survive here.
In our world here at the Air Force Academy, having the indispensable odor of a practicing, “all in”, committed Christian among our peers and superiors means being accepted as one of the pack. With that “in” smell, no one bothers us, tries to convert us, questions our honor, our commitment to service, our motives—we are generally left to our own devices, studying, practicing, flying, athletics and marching.

There is a strict code of honor for cadets in all military academies - why do these, who call themselves Spartacus, have to lie everyday to be accepted?

We’ve seen this happen to our friends and (mostly) to those outside our pack and it’s just not worth the risk. The pack howls: “He doesn’t get it. He can’t be one of our honorable pack. She can’t be an alpha and lead us. She can’t excel in THIS pack—not while we rule the pack. Not while we’re the majority.”

So, we choose to take (what some would say is) the coward’s path, rationalizing that the ends (serving our nation honorably) DO justify the means. We hold our noses and, though we loathe that particular smell, we roll.

Some cadets decide to fight, but that doesn’t last long. They’re trouble makers. They’re not team players. They don’t have “character” or ethical standards. They’re deviants. We’ll remember them and keep them at bay. “See, he doesn’t bow his head when WE pray. She’s not one of us.”

There is plenty more if interest.

There was a thread about the relevance of the Air Force in today's Armed Services revolving around the on-going debate about moth-balling the A-10 Warthog and the Air Forces distaste for 'close ground support'.

This is another reason to consider the future use to the nation of the Air Force.

The rationale for the Air Force initially was that they could deliver desisive victories on their own with minimal loss of personal and materials. History shows that not to be the case, 'boot-on-the-ground' are always needed.

Now, I guess, they want to be the Christian Service. Scary if you ask me and many others.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Well, Nick Redfern has been saying it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Collins Elite....Air Force Origins...

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FyreByrd

They wear wings and soar through the heavens. They've reached out their hand and touched the face of God.

What seems to be the problem?

-Cheers-

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Actually it has probably been a lot like that for a long time.

I went to the Air Force Academy Chapel like 20 years ago roughly.
It was a landmark of significance and an icon of the Academy even back then.

I do find it sad that their culture is all screwed up (if any of this is true that is).
But each of them chooses their attitudes for themselves.

I also find it worrisome that these same people are expected to be able to keep their mouth shut during torture, if they get shot down.
This social drama should be practice for building strong character in preparation for the worst if it comes.

link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Thank you, I'd not heard of that particular 'sect' but it is interesting.

link   

Snarl

They wear wings and soar through the heavens. They've reached out their hand and touched the face of God.

What seems to be the problem?

-Cheers-

I believe you are right - LOL - thanks for the laugh.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

It is scary - raling about honor and duty - but to whom? Their preacher or their president? This just isn't right, not in the United States - it smells of theocracy.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

That's the same attitude that open letter talks about.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Planes will be flown by computers and men on the ground...or perhaps even be free robots by twenty years from now....they'll all be obsolete so let them play for now....they'll be gone soon enough.........

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Ah! That makes sense.

Earlier this week GQ magazine released a set of memos from none other than the former Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld. In a set of memos placed on Bush's desk every morning over a period of several months (titled the World Wide Intelligence Update), Rumsfeld quoted numerous passages from the Bible and superimposd them against a backdrop of soldiers, tanks, and fighter planes.

......... here are a few examples of how the holy scriptures were twisted by the Pentagon to sanctify a holy war.

In the first picture, there are three soldiers sitting in prayer with their machine guns pointed heavenward. The scripture reference is Isaiah 6:8 which says, "Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?" I can remember as a young boy going to church and seeing these words on a banner hanging over the center stage of the sanctuary. These words have inspired thousands of Christians to go into all the world and devote themselves as Christ's ambassadors to humanity. Now apparently we're supposed to believe that God had the U.S. military in mind when he inspired Isaiah to write these words.

In another frame we see a tank gliding across the Iraqi desert as the sun is setting. The scripture for the day? Ephesians 6:13 which says, "Therefore take up the whole armor of God that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand." I guess I was absent that day in Sunday School when the teacher said the Apostle Paul had America's War on Terror in mind when he wrote these words. Somehow I always thought this verse was talking about prayer against demonic powers seeking to overthrow believers in their faith. Who would have known?

Perhaps the most bizarre frame is the one using Psalms 33:16. Although the verse says explicitly, "The King is not saved by a mighty army," the verse is plastered across an American tank, a missile, and a U.S. soldier showing that victory does come through a mighty army. Talk about missing the point!?There's only one word for such a blatant misuse of scriptures to sanctify a political agenda -- idolatry!

sojo.net...

Even though they tell us that the Iraq was wasn't about religion, it was. Oh yeah, and oil and money!

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
As a retired Master Sgt., the Air Force as the "Christian branch"?... sorry, I never saw any of that in my 21 years. I worked with Academy Grads daily, and many of the folks loved to talk of their time at the Academy (including a few avowed atheists). Had that sort of thing gone on, I would most likely have heard about it...

Christians in the military have been under assault over the last few years, and blue-suiters have been hammered by their commanders at the same rate as squids, grunts, and jarheads

With this regime, nothing is as it seems... just looks like an attack on the values of a military academy by those that want it "shamed"...

Would love to hear some Academy grads chime in...
edit on 17-2-2014 by madmac5150 because: More words and a well placed squiggle...

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Thank you for sharing your experience. I have very little experience of the Air Force and any direct experience has been with enlisted personal in administrative positions. This can't come as a surprise to you as it's been regularly talked about that I know of for at least six years. It seems unlikely to be 'christian bashing' as there is so much supported evidence for the phenomenon along with other AF Academy indiscretions.

Again, it's good to here a voice with first hand experience.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I think you missed my point... or I am being baited for an argument... either way.

My point is that during my career (and I retired recently), I have never been given the impression, nor the idea, that the USAF is a Christian branch of the military. Christianity was never pushed in ANY formal USAF school, of which I attended many. Furthermore, most of my career was in Fighter Squadrons filled with Academy grads; I dealt with these officers on a daily basis and many I consider as friends... I never heard about any such thing, and I can guarantee you I would have... had it ever happened.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

No, I'm not trying to bait you and am sorry if I gave that impression. I thanked you for sharing your experience and it was sincere.

I have the utmost respect for non-coms (my father - an Army Colonel when he retired) but they are not part of the 'club'. I've heard different stories on this subject from friends with enlisted children. I don't know what the truth is - but there is considerable evidence, from many sources.

No disrespect is intended. But discussion and inquiry are important - if we are going to maintain a separation of church and state. History is loaded with examples of how the combination of the two can go awry.

I don't know what the absolute truth in this matter is - but it concerns me very much.

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Arn't "Christianity" and Military kinda polar opposites?

I don't get it

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Akragon

I don't get it

Unless you are a Templar Knight...

...or a Jesuit

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

madmac5150

Akragon

I don't get it

Unless you are a Templar Knight...

...or a Jesuit

Well the Templars are gone and have been for damn near 1k years... and the pope is a Jesuit...

Still sounds a bit fishy to me...

I don't recall reading "love thy neighbour, unless you're in the military" in any book in the bible...

Might be in the torah, but I can't seem to recall it

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I think it is in the "Book of Armaments"...

new topics

top topics

join